1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is Your Favourite Moment in Gaming?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SirDangalang, Jun 12, 2016.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Just curious as I just remembered mine recently. Which ofc was back in Dark Souls 1 DLC and the fight against the dragon Kalameet welding a ridiculously sized greatsword whilst listening to this:

Fans of anime will understand the feeling ;3

So what is your favorite or at least most prominent memory that anyone has in this hobby we all share? :D

2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I always wanted to make a thread like this but I was too lazy to.

My greatest moment in gaming was when me and my buddy Matt were playing GTA 4 online and some guy was chasing me with a helicopter, I eventually drove into the ocean and managed to get back onto a weird stone dock with a stairway leading back up to a highway. The helicopter started positioning itself, it finally got me in it's sight, and then Matt drove a sports car off a ramp and slammed it into the helicopter. The helicopter then crashed into the ocean and me and Matt made a dramatic getaway laughing our asses off.

In terms of satisfaction though nothing beats completing FTL: Faster Than Light on normal mode for the first time. It's such a wonderful feeling watching the flagship split into peaces cut down by your superior missile weapons :>

Ahh, good times.

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

getting my first kill in kag on december 22th 2011
    I'm a retard i know

blackjoker77777 and SirDangalang like this.
  4. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I had several moments:

Screwing around in BF3 with a friend, he placed 6 C4 explosives in a road, then, i drove a repair bot into them and he sent the bot flying. In one of those attemps to send it veeeeery far, we struck an enemy helicopter mid air, unbalancing it, the helicopter crashed with a plane that was just passing by. it was so majestic.

Some awesome combos in Dishonored.

Doing that perfectly timed parry in any Dark Souls. oh yeah bb

And obviously a few more that i can't remember right now.

5. I read that as monument and was about to make a rather crude joke before realizing the heartbreaking truth.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hard to pick one for gaming in general, but my favorite in KAG was going against Neat on that old VIRTUA BR huge buildings map and both just killing everyone in our way while fighting each other. In that brief moment, I was anime.

7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Another BF3 moment here. Can remember playing Rush on the Damavand Peak map. We were the attacking team and had a Humvee leftover. So we thought "Fuck it, stick C4 to it and drive off the cliff". A few seconds into falling and cue the enemy helicopter. It was lazily hovering in the sky, and then we crashed the party with the world's most potent Humvee.

You could say that we were having a BLAST

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    PUNK123 and SirDangalang like this.
  8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

In terms of funny ness, this was one of my first times playing a proper fps (in terms of scale (bf2)).

I was at my cousins. We were doing a lan, ourselves split in half and mixed with bots. We were messing around.
    The Chinese vs US map where there is a massive ravine in the middle and you fight around it. I was playing as the U.S., and engineer to be precise. We were down to one capture point, fighting for some somewhat safer control.

As engineer, I was paying some anti vehicle mines along the road. We then started to do a big push out onto a bridge. That is when i see this random buggy driving at full speed. It was my cousin on the opposite team. He was trying to drive behind us and capture the base while we were on an offensive.

I pull out my shotgun, take some pot shots which do basically no damage. I then start running back when suddenly, boom. He ran into my mine. The most hilarious moment of my life, due to the fact of my cousin screaming in the background that he was winning, the. Promptly getting his arse whipped

For actual achievements, speed running skyrim in an afternoon was amazing, including an imperial army and thieves guild campaign.

butterscotch and SirDangalang like this.
  9. Turtlebutt

Turtlebutt Bison Rider Tester

Somewhere in 2013... far far away, in a land of elves. I was a knight, with my sister building a big wall(not trumps wall), there was 1 human archer who was just mildly staring into the wall... i got kinda bored and did a bombjump and yelled hulk smash and i landed right on his head smashing him with all my fat. <--- classic KAG

SirDangalang and an_obamanation like this.
  10. Jonttubosse

Jonttubosse Ballista Bolt Thrower

Kyllikki, Mansikki and Öylätti are beautiful <3
    EDIT: wtf im talking bout nvm

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  11. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

I can't say... Maybe my first time in GTA at 2am (i bought my on PC 1 day before) OR when i played for the first time Hotline Miami (still my favourite game) OR when i downloaded KAG again and started to be active :P

Jonttubosse and SirDangalang like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi