1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1865]Catapult abusing

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PUNK123, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Category: KAG Server
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 1865
    Description: If encase the catapult in blocks you can shoot thru them(only 1 layer)
    Steps to reproduce: go to a server(doesnt work in sandbox), buy a catapult, place it, put it in a confined layer of blocks, abuse the shooting. Note that the player can be killed from the back of the blocks(also where the stones shoot out so pretty bullcrap).
    Screenshots/Videos:

2. This is actually a part of the game that been around for a long time.

3. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

While it has been apart of the game for a long time, it also has never been glaringly used. I wouldn't want people using this, but it's up to the devs if it's worth patching or keeping it as a feature.

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I am aware this abuse has been in the game for awhile. That doesnt make it a feature anymore than crouching while shielding is a feature or counterjabbing is(you charge a full slash vs someone because even if you dont get to fully use one their jab and you holding lmb will make you counterjab). Neither is mining the corner of a tunnel a true feature. I understand that for the playerbase those abuses(along the single gap platform maneuvering) are well known and used, but this one is abit cancerous and stupid so i felt the need to report it.

Kazaco97 likes this.
  5. Most of the information I received about this topic is from Hospitalizer, who I saw do this yesterday. I was going to report it, until I saw this thread. Hosp told me the devs are aware of it, and it has been around since Classic. It's widely used anyways, so I don't think there is a need to fix it.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

[​IMG]
    should be fixed next build, will hopefully get better testing but now it raycasts to the point it was gonna spawn it and uses the hit position if there is one, so should spawn on the under-side not top side of the wood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.