1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

regarding the map pool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swiggityswooty, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swiggityswooty

swiggityswooty Shopkeep Stealer

I understand that KAG is an old game, and that the devs want to work on newer projects. Even though KAG has a lot of problems, I've come to accept this. But can we at least get some new maps?
    The current map pool has been in place for months. In a game like KAG, maps are very important, determining how the game is played, and a stagnant map pool means stagnant gameplay.
    A little dev attention here could be a massive quality-of-life improvement for what remains of the KAG community.
    There are already dozens of maps made by community members, and as far as I know from my (limited) experience running a server, this is a very low-maintenance change. I imagine it's more complicated for official servers, but I can't imagine it's THAT complicated. If I'm wrong about this, and there's a good reason (besides better things to do on the dev side) for a game not having new maps for however long it's been, don't be shy.
    This could be as simple as a dev-sponsored forum thread for nominating potential maps. In a conversation with @PUNK123 about this the other day, he said I shouldn't complain about this problem since I don't make maps myself. And he's right, but I'm not going to make maps if it means they'll languish on some 0/20 modded server; I certainly would if there was a chance for my work to be included in the official map pool.
    I understand that this a 'devs pls' post in a lot of ways, but player mods and maps have always been marginalized from the primary KAG meta. If the devs would accommodate the community in this way, I know I would do my part.

2. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

3. swiggityswooty

swiggityswooty Shopkeep Stealer

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Thread locked--PM me if you have something else to add.

an_obamanation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.