1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF Warbridge [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Warcrime, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

Map name: Warbridge (Was digging through a couple of experimental maps)
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: As symmetrical as possible
    Special features: Mid should have enough flexibility, bridges. It's an old project, but i'm hoping to get some feedback on what works/doesn't.
    Map: WarBridge.png

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

It could use some more resources(stone).

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

2/10 Seriously, are you scared of stone or what?

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I know people dislike rats, but those solid blocks of bedrock on the edge of the lake mean teams only really have a single lane (building bridges--something which will be difficult bc enemy fortifications have excellent terrain advantage) which, imo, could easily lead to grind/stalemate.

I'd love to see some passages (probably filled with dirt/scattered stone) through the bedrock to give teams an alternative (in addition to skybridges and chicken knights) of breaching the gap, e.g.:
    Untitled.png
    key: red=must have imho; blue=suggested minimum; greed=if you wanted to go nuts

Pic is just to give you an idea; the main point being that fighting in a--water filled--bedrock bowl is probably going to be unfun.

Magmus and an_obamanation like this.
  5. The games here are going to be very dull when the premade bridges are broken down (and it will always be better for the defending team to do that).
    I agree with FBB's suggestion to open the bottom and I would also reinforce at least parts of the bridges with background.

I like that thing going in the middle, it's cool. I'd personally make it so that a knight can climb from the bottom of the island up (so you don't have suicide every time there's no builder near by), but it's not really a must.

Improve the pathing to the middle and resources distribution and it could be a really solid map.

Oh and also, you mirrored it so all tents and flags are red, heads up.

PUNK123 likes this.
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

What FBB & Ej said, don't have anything to add. Rejected.