1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Describe how you play knight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBloodyWolf, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
?

How bad is this thread

1. Bad

12.9%
  2. Tad

3.2%
  3. Rad

35.5%
  4. Dad

48.4%
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Other then blinding jumping off a tower into a sea of Knights, mistaking other knights for builders, not registering what I'm doing and not to mention my terrible ability to use explosives...

I think I do quite well.

Magmus and SirDangalang like this.
  2. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

and it was at that moment that he realised that Lawrence was talking about water bombs

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Water bombs don't freeze, they stun. Admins freeze with F3.

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Obviously the most efficient way of playing knight is spamming perfectly timed slashes and parrying any decent knight who you come across.

I find that boring af, so I tend to find less efficient methods and add them to my play. So I will often be holding up my shield, try to wait for the enemy to jab it and then counter with a jab of my own. I also love holding my shield up while ducking so people fall through me when trying to abuse their height, so they get stunned and some fall damage, and then I finish them with some jabs or perfectly timed slash. Also, I love playing support, so I will charge into a knight or two with just my shield up, trying to block hits and stunning them, while my team mate knight picks up the kills. Oh, and my personal favourite is blocking someone in a hole/tunnel while holding shield up and trying to counter anything they do with a jab, lol.

5. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

why does nobody get my jokes?::(:

icemusher and jimmyzoudcba like this.
  6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I tend to grapple up to high surfaces and then release a barrage of arro.....oh this was about knights?

Magmus likes this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

because they make no sense

8. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I usually join kag, struggle to leave the base and then am immediately beheaded by a knight who was on the other side of the screen a second ago. Then I think how it used to be I could play kag then I cry

MLG

EhRa and Psiklaw like this.
  9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I tend to try to reach the enemy base constantly rather than jousting in between or in the front lines. With 3-4 bombs it's usually doable. Doing damage there is a good stopper, and stealing sawmills and saplings.
    When fighting, I try not to follow the knights that charge their slashes backpedalling, cancelling that ez tactic of bait - charge slash in the opposite direction - release slash in the enemy direction. Shield surfin on those retreating slash charging knights works well too. Overall fighting in really close quarters is funnier to me. I also avoid fighting every single enemy that appears on the screen if I want to reach a specific spot.
    As I main builder, I try to assist builders with resources and defense. But one of my fav things is conecting jabs on a slash spammer or on a normal 1v1 fight. It deals 1 heart of damage but it's very powerful with the correct timing, and satisfying. Jumping around and doing the opposite of what's expected, like that wallrun jump out, slash and repeat the circle etc. Also, throwing bombs on unaware players is fun, and jabspamming against archers and builders, huehue.

Psiklaw likes this.
  10. I throw bombs at builders.

11. Ningamer080

Ningamer080 Horde Gibber

1. I take bottle of vodk
    2. I take another bottle of vodka
    3. I join some RTDM server
    4. Rek ppl hard with OP knight attack movement - slash and sometimes (if not everytime) jab.. depends on the situation.
    5. (If i have RCON powars)
    Abuse ppl with RCON so they call me a hacker
    5. Leave cuz ppl are reking me so hard

AmestriStephen likes this.
  12. Aside from one or two posts I think this thread is a pretty comprehensive tutorial on how not to play knight.

13. Redshadow6

Redshadow6 Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

I open the chat and call the enemy knights names. Then I hide in the base

SirDangalang, Magmus and PUNK123 like this.
  14. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

I try to go behind the enemy to help my team and get as much damage in as possible. Generally i do shieldslide jabs to counter slashes when on a flat area and counterslashes when not. I also try to use tactics as described in sun tsu's the artof war. I dont always succeed but I mostly help my team more than I otherwise could with my skill, processor(and video card) speed and internet (in)stability.

15. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

I lived in a jungle, so I have no tactics whatsoever and I have no idea on 'counterslashes' 'shield jabs' etc.
    But.....
    On flat ground (like actually FLAT, not like with little lumps) I slash in a few (1-2) blocks short of the enemy knight and depending on his skill if he counter slashes I'll either do a 'counter-counter-slash' or jab then fall back 5-6 blocks and rinse and repeat. If the enemy rushes me, I'll either shield slide back and wait for an environmental kill* or just try to kill him average since my skill is ok (Sangfroid I need to dual you for real once). I believe on one of the official maps I actually got to kill sangfroid like this:eek:
    On lumped ground I use lumps to my advantage. By this I don't really mean jumping off from a lump and trying to slash; I mean staying a bit lower beneath the lump maybe 3-4 blocks away and slash while backing up.
    On a vertical/tower drop you can shred your enemies by charging the slash either mid-air or on the tower then making it explode on them.
    If your on bottom the best option would most likely be to avoid for now until you have a builder or arrow ladder or an opportunity. Of course, if you're a god at timing you can slash them from under diagonally (don't stand directly under), or just go the easy way and be Sangfroid (for those of your who don't get the reference, go look in media and grab a saw)

Also, for skill level:
    Didn't buy yet: Go buy!
    New players: Be builders
    Newer players: Be archers"
    Noobs: Stay on the front line. Watch closely at higher ranked knights (leaderboard) and how they do stuff. Eventually you'll discover your own style.
    300 hourers: Try everything! Each class helps you learn more and how to exploit/counter using what you know.
    1000 hourers: By now you should have a minor (tiny, actually) style and a class preference. Go and look at some vids in Media and play more!
    3000 hourers: You guys should be mid-upper level by now. Don't tell me you wasted all your time in sandbox.
    5000 hourers: IDK... Don't really know anyone really good at 5000, but just play along and try to look into other styles to advance your own
    Fags: You're old. Go home.
    Old fags who came back out: It's been a long time-go play with modding and contribute!
    Oldfags: Your styles should be complete almost and you guys should be always hogging the leaderboards. Unless you're a builder <3
    Me: Look above: :keg::camping: :heart:
    Seneschals (10000+): Welcome to immortality. Watch below you and help new players! Contribute ;D
    Greatest other classes: Teach us how to exploit your weaknesses <3
    Greatest knights: All hail! Teach and pass on your knowledge to levels lower.

This is about it for me. If anyone want more tips/suggestions/a chat feel free to pm me ;D

This is too long.

16. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

>respawn as knight
    >change to builder
    >rek bitches get money

jimmyzoudcba, Magmus and asger75 like this.
  17. asger75

asger75 Haxor

damn, this guy knows what's up

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  18. MonstaKit

MonstaKit Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

I dont play knight

19. Peafowl

Peafowl Catapult Fodder

Idk, insta maybe.

20. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester