1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Unique Class Mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Pirate-Rob, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustachio12

mustachio12 Arsonist
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

;-; still waiting for my evil kenivel soldier 76

2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Can I plz use this? ::P:

3. Epicman635

Epicman635 Builder Stabber

Question:Can you change your post to an entirely different class before you start working on it or no?

4. jimmyzoudcba

Yes I believe.

5. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

But if you do that will it go to the bottom of the list?

6. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

I think classes are arranged from easiest to hardest, easiest first. If you reply now with a very simple class it will probably be around the top, but ask pirate rob because im not 100% sure.

platy1knight likes this.
  7. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

how's list assigned:
    time when you applied (applies on 2th-4th page are mostly done alredi)
    hardness (obvious)
    reputation (the more famous you are the higher you may get in list, opposite effect applies in some kind too)
    helping rob with mod (anyone who helps rob gets his class lifted to the first 5 classes to be done, check current class list)
    relations to the rob (kiaran appleid first, check where he is now, lmao)

jimmyzoudcba and joshua12131415 like this.
  8. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

and also how much he likes the idea, i think he mentioned in the first post.

Potatobird likes this.
  9. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Any good news?

10. mustachio12

mustachio12 Arsonist
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

no :QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:::(:::(:::(:::(:::(::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:

11. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Rob im going to draw my ''spiked beast'' on paper then try to make it pixel-ish so i can help you with how it could look like :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 10, 2016 ---
    though it is deep in the list ;(
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 10, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]
    It might look ugly because i'm no artist , also if you look closely this is not the pixel one :wink:
    EDIT: just realized that it needs some tweaks , but i think you get the idea ::):
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 16, 2016 ---
    Any news? ; (

jimmyzoudcba and Pirate-Rob like this.
  12. mustachio12

mustachio12 Arsonist
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

again i think he would post if any news is coming

Pirate-Rob likes this.
  13. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Yeah, as I said guys, I've just been playing other games, when I start feeling the need to play kag again, the mod will probably get worked on.

14. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

yup. this is toattaly true

edit: really rob, you just had to like this.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    jimmyzoudcba and Pirate-Rob like this.
  15. VaderCraftGamer

VaderCraftGamer Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is a reply to Pirate-Rob...
    I'm going to completely change the look of my Bunny Man to an electric bunny with a grapple and I'm going to put a tiny list of the stuff to remove if it's too OP. Also I MIGHT change the name and on a few days I'm gonna start on the sprite... So good luck with your coding! €:

16. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

It's not like the mod will ever be balanced anyway :>

No but for real, balancing the class alone won't make it balanced when in a team, it's really easy to exploit but you'll see yourself when (hopefully) the actual mod is released.
    Some team comp will be unstoppable, i'm talking about 2 winstons 2 tracers 2 lucios on cap the point type of thing.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  17. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Balancing new classes is tricky in general. On vanilla KAG, the 3 classes have roles to fit and they're balanced with that in mind, but extra classes don't exactly fit on those roles. Keep that in mind

SirDangalang likes this.
  18. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Classes should be reasonably balanced by themselves at least. Imagine there was a class that could fly and carry team mates, and there was a sapper class. By themselves they would be balanced, but when you combine them, you get infinite aerial drops.

19. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Hey now hey now, why do i feel like that was directed to someone in particular? If i wanted to exploit it myself i would have done it, you think that would be a strong combination what about classes that are good thogeter but bad alone? If you nerf one class it becomes unplayable and if you don't it stays op.
    I love the idea and i think you're doing a great job but i am not sure on how the mod will come out.

20. jimmyzoudcba

Instead of nerfing a specific class/pair/whatever there should instead be breakthrough points to other classes. EG Vamist's knight and more DPS behind him seems really op, but if my grabber pairs up with dragonslayer (dragonborn? lol you were raised by dragons) I can just toss away Vamoost and let dragonslayer kill whatever fragile things behind. Another would be a team with cantager (cancer?) Water Deity's stunlock. Instead of nerfing her arrows, just have Ferdo to oneshot her or another archer to hit her twice. (also guys stop complaining it's too op, it's gonna be ok <3). Maybe someone would come up and say "hey they're all on the same team" but generally if we actually have enough people (8-10 at least) then we should have enough counters to whatever the other team throws at us.
    To conclude: Let it flow. As you go down the road with more and more classes combos that seem op right now (once again, cancertager <3) there would be more and more diversity, and instead of more op combos I would say there would instead be more counters.

Olimarrex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.