1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knight Broken?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha-Penguin, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Alpha-Penguin

Alpha-Penguin Bison Rider

So recently when I have been playing KAG as a knight, I have been realizing that it is almost completely broken.

I have seen Slash Canceling (which will hopefully be fixed next patch), shield not doing anything against slashes, shield doing to much against slashes (as in you double slash, the first slash stuns but before the 2nd slash hits the shield is back up), shield being faced down and you cannot hit them no matter how much you slash them, and when you do slash them they don't get stunned (this is without them stunning you), animations not working (Having people use the shield animation but they slash you at the same time).

Is this just me or is it happening to other people?

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The "slash cancelling" bug is more of a bug that both archers and knight have. Where you charge your shot til right about where you would get stunned then release(archers shoot no arrows and knight's avoid stun). Pretty difficult to replicate consistently so not a real issue. The real issue with knights is the counterjab(where i jab you as youre charging a slash and because you were holding lmb you react and release it after my jab and you do a counterjab). That basically removes any skill involved with close combat(just charge slash person with higher hp wins).

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. Alpha-Penguin

As archer you can right click to cancel your arrow, not a bug for archer at all, I spoke to geti about the knight slash canceling and he said it would hopefully be fixed next patch. And the counter jabs haven't really affected me much personal.

Do they rest of the things I said happen to you as well? @PUNK123

4. PUNK123

Maybe you are confused about what i am saying. There is a bug that people call "slash cancelling" and it is the bug i describe. I do know that archers can cancel their shot with rmb and i am talking about something else. As for the shield re-upping i think it is fair if they are running away fast enough. The counterjab is the only really shitty thing ingame right now that ruins thing imo. Youre gonna have to deal with shitty animations because of lag(and frozen animations).

5. Alpha-Penguin

For the shield re-upping, I don't mean when they are running. I mean when I trap them into a corner and I double slash and they just shield after each slash.

6. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

A thread about broken knight that doesn't include the fact that jabbing at a shield from particular angles will not cause you to get stunned, meaning you can infinitely jab at a person consequence free?

This has been around far too long, and is annoying as hell. Like you said, it negates all skill.

PUNK123 and Alpha-Penguin like this.
  7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

In the subject of shield surfing and slashes, when shield surfing (proper movement with acceleration, not just gliding) your shield actually moves up and down quickly, allowing some attacks to be blocked.

I totally agree with counter jabbing, should be removed tbh.

With stunning and shields, sometimes the slash doesn't stun, but that stun can come from stomping. People get confused when someone is holding s or when the jump height isn't enough, so they believe slash stunning isn't working.

8. these are all features

Contrary and Alpha-Penguin like this.
  9. PUNK123

Let me get this straight. You saw this thread filled with examples of confirmed bugs and you decided to dismiss it and say all these broken mechanics are features? For instance you think the devs intentionally made it to where if you jab someone who is charging a slash then you should be counterjabbed? Or do you think they intentionally made it so some people have frozen animations? Do you think so little of the dev's that you honestly believe they purposely made it so that if an archer holds his charged triple to the last possible second and releases it before stun that the charge would "cancel" and the archer deserved to eat the slash waiting for him(where the archer, with knowledge of how long you can hold a charged triple, deserves to die because he has good timing?)

Alpha-Penguin likes this.