1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Money Making Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

When accused of hacking I often (jokingly) respond that I paid 20 bucks for +10 armour from "King Arthur's Store".

If they made certain customizations or whatever cost money I wouldn't hold it against them.

rocker2, Vivicus and Stevedog like this.
  2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Uh... Well you did say 'Honestly, in-game items are not a good idea'

But anyway, I was addressing the thread in general. I'd have quoted you if it was a direct reply ;)

3. Mornaval

Mornaval Shopkeep Stealer

I'd actually buy for the first time a KAG themed coffee mug. I usually scoff at the idea of theme'd/logo shirts/mugs/mousepads... but KAG has swooned me.

I'm almost in love with Geti's art (and pixel art in general), I'd buy prints or some of his originals.

Actually, considering how we have so many talented pixel artists in these forums that's a neat idea.

Valkyrie and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  4. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Oh, I didn't realize. We were on basically the same subject. Ill know next time and Contrary, like I said, why would they add in-game purchasable items when they can add even more content to the game. Makes since unless they were selfish and all about the money money money like Blizzard. Perfect example of their real life auction house in Diablo 3. Blizzard isn't the only company, Bethesda did it with Oblivion, and don't get me wrong, I love Bethesda but money can do lots of things to people. That's why I kind of rather this game stay small. You wouldn't want MM and Geti to become millionaires do you? (joking)

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

They don't need ingame stores for that, ask Notch.

Valkyrie likes this.
  6. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]
    You guys thinking what I'm thinking? (I'm thinking of official foam KAG weapon mock ups...)

KAG Lego Box set...?

rocker2, BlueLuigi, illu and 2 others like this.
  7. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

Why everyone is against in-game buyables? That's the way to go for games in our world... i wouldn't mind having access to different classes or different weapons on a pay-for-each fashion. They will probably need to have the game on a finished state (remember, it is currently in alpha) and most youngsters will get angry when they see someone who bought a different class, weapon, armor or item, but that's definitively the way to go MM & Geti, i hope you get filthy rich with this and your next games, really! I have enyojed MM's games since a long time ago and it would totally rock to see him raking in lots of money :) would prove that indie developers are the next bastion for gaming (because *studio* games are sucking big d**k right now, they seem more like movies than games).

8. BlueLuigi

Looks only? Sure.
    +10 Damage!? No.

AJ, FuzzyBlueBaron and Noc like this.
  9. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Honestly once zombies and other full game features are out tons of people should buy.

However, I love the tourney idea and once overworld is out it could become this game's main source of pay.

10. BlueLuigi

Or they should buy now zombies faster :)

Noburu likes this.
  11. masonmistel

How exactly does that help? People act like money is actual fuel for MM and Geti to function. AAA titles need money to be developed because they work in a huge team in a huge studio. Unless you count motivation, if 1000 people buy this game tomorrow, I honestly don't think development would speed up at all. Just my thoughts.

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I know! It's not like they need money to buy food and stuff! Money for them is completely useless!
    If they don't eat as much they have more time programming and less eating!

Adinxs, Valkyrie, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  13. Chiguireitor

Who's talking about motivation? i'm talking about rewarding those pals with loads of money because they have done a great game... it's not like they are in need of the money because they let the people play the game for free, but they deserve wealth because they've made great games since a lot of time ago.

And by the way, it isn't "AAA titles need money" it is the other way around a "title" is of class AAA because their devs invested a sh*tload of money on it to make it a "perfect" piece of art (that most times fail miserabily to deliver the fun factor, unlike most indie games that focus on the fun and not the looks, although lately i've seen lots of indies with good looks like KAG).

Noc likes this.
  14. masonmistel

Okay, pixel art doesn't "look good",Crysis "looks good". KAG's graphics fit well because of the aesthetics and they were trying to get that feel. Whoever says pixel art "looks good", is utterly retarded.

15. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Perhaps not but when it's the only pixel art out there it's refreshingly unique.

16. Chiguireitor

Tell that to E-Boy... LOL... they have a VERY succesful business around "pixel" art.

EDIT: BTW, Crysis uses pixels to represent the images you look at your monitor... so the term "pixel art" is a little bit wrong... whoever, i know that generally speaking, whenever someone uses the term "pixel art" they're referring to retro-nostalgic computer art resembling mid-80s to the 90s graphics on video games. That's a complete area alone, one that even the Smithsonian Museum of Art has recognized as important to the video game evolution as to have one area of their video game exhibit dedicated to this.

Valkyrie, Carver and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Bite your tongue, sir!

GrimWaltz, GhostyS and BlueLuigi like this.
  18. masonmistel

You meant bit my fingers?

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I have never wanted a dislike button so much in my life. If these were my forum I'd ban you right now.

GrimWaltz, Dark_Ham, Valkyrie and 6 others like this.
  20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

another idea:
    Pay for a dislike button in the forums.

rocker2, GrimWaltz, Dark_Ham and 13 others like this.