1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Unique Class Mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Pirate-Rob, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Why not every class have a strength points rating from 1 - 10 how strong they are, and which team you go on is decided on which ever team has less strength points ( all the players points added together)
    Code:
    Fake Code:

When player joins server
    {
         If Blueteamstrengthpoints > Redteamstrengthpoints
              {
              put new player on red team;
              }
         else
               {
               put new player on blue team
                }
    }

makmoud98 likes this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

._.

My advice, Rob, don't worry too much about balance. Because not everyone has access to every class, it will automatically be fucked unless you don't actually want the classes to fill a unique role. And I think this mod will be most interesting if you aren't afraid to make some truly different classes. It is called the unique class mod, after all.

This might be slightly off topic, but just look at League and DOTA. Both really fun, but they're pretty different for being in the same genre. In dota, you can use all the heroes, which allows the devs to really make each hero do something unique. But in league, they have a bullshit model where you have to earn all the champions. I've played league for years and I don't even have half of them. If the champs in league were actually significantly different, that would fucking suck if you didn't own the champ. As a result, there are a handful of different "types" of champ in league, and all the assassin champs for instance do more or less the same thing. And then naturally, some champs are just better than others. This is why there are like five champs who are picked at league tournaments and like five heroes who aren't picked at dota tournaments.

3. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

I don't think you understand the problem. The point is that classes that look weak alone could be great or even op with certain team comps.

This means that ten classes rated 1 could be way better than one class rated 10 (following your system)

4. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Er, i wasn't directing anything at anyone (I don't even remember what your class is Cesar), nor was I saying I would be nerfing class pairs, I was just spit balling stupid things that could happen :P

Edit: Also, if you guys haven't realized yet, I'm don't care much about balance, or at least how other people see balance :P

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  5. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Yush, fair enough! I have been swayed... Except, it'll be a very long time before counter-ception happens.

6. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Well my current class is the gargoyle which is able to grab allies and fly while barsuk's class is a sapper/engi, considering barsuk and i often play thogeter you chose a rather precise combination.
    It's the second coincidence on this thread, spooky stufff.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  7. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

In that case i would like to change my class to one that can make my team instantly win the game by pressing a button... kidding,

8. Pirate-Rob

The last I remembered, the greg class could only pick up enemies, and barsuk wanted an engi class last I heard, which is nothing like sapper. I was thinking more like aphelion's angles+crate trick combined with sapper :P

9. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

That was after we changed our minds, i told bars that you would nerf the sapper to the ground so he chose engi and i told myself my class sounded too good so i removed allie carrying( as you can see from my old pms).
    Also not to brag but my exploit ideas were way better than an angel dropping bombs u.u
    Like for example the combination dragon (which could fly and could be rided, aswell as shoot fire) and dragon rider (a knight with enhanced stomps but slower movement speed. depending on how many blocks it fell from it could do more damage, do a fire AOE, or create an explosion. )

10. Olimarrex

so it was YOU who set barsuk on to trying to make me make a trader class >:C

Biurza likes this.
  11. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

I told him to tell you it was me, but you can't trust that pesky rat, i would have gladly asked you myself but i didn't (and still don't >:'( ) have you as friend on steam. I don't know what bars told you but if you're mad at me he must have phrased it real wrong, which is not that suprising considering the way he talks .

12. VaderCraftGamer

VaderCraftGamer Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ok, this might make you slightly mad, but I changed half of the whole idea of my class... is that ok? Oh and about the people who are new to this game and don't know you have to submit classes to the forums, are you going to make classes everyone can access, or are you going to ask some people if they can make their class public, because if you're making classes yourself that everyone can use maybe you could make some classes like policeman? or maybe even someone who can prone into one block high holes! If so, then that would be exciting, but if not then it's ok, that means the newbies will just have to learn how mod forums work... anyways I'm sorry for causing so much trouble! Good luck!

13. Olimarrex

I'm not angry, I just felt a little hard done by, u can imagine how boring literally just buying stuff for other people would be. And then you 2 would be out there havin' all the fun. Though if it weren't for bars doing that, I'd never have found out about this as early as I did. So in that sense, ty very much C:.

Biurza likes this.
  14. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

I knew you didn't know about the mod, also a thing that barsuk forgot to tell you (surprising just santa clause and jesus) is that if you had accepted we would have all shared our 3 classes, so one time i would have played as the trader, on time barsuk and one time you.
    It was my mistake to let him do the talking.
    Not to talk about the second idea for the trader, the bounty hunter, which was a support archer that could interact with enemy corpses to gain bounties (coins) and stuff like that, but hey, you do you.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  15. Olimarrex

Still... I'd rather just make a class that seemed cool than make a class that rekted...

Biurza likes this.
  16. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Ho i totally agree, that's just the old plan, i'm changing my class aswell and i'm going for something more fun to play::):

Potatobird likes this.
  17. Pirate-Rob

Nope, people who are new to the game will just have to submit a class request. There'll be no public classes, barring any classes which are affiliated with clan tags, which can be easily accessed by anyone.

18. ZipsterXP

ZipsterXP Builder Stabber

• Class name: Wisp Builder
    • Class icon description: RoS Wisp
    • Your Exact In-game Name: ZipsterXP (User) Nukks The Wisp ( The tag is Blue )
    • Description: Wisp Builder class have 3 habilities. It can build workshops that are little, they only deal 0,25 damage as RoS ones and they can fly.
    • It can create trees and also give 1 heart to a near ally player or if unlucky lose the heart and don't give it to anyone.

Pirate-Rob likes this.
  19. Pirate-Rob

Lol, didn't expect this, 10/10 :thumbs_up:

ZipsterXP likes this.
  20. Olimarrex

@Domenje Insert hammerfight class here :D

Biurza and Osmal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.