1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Kill la Kill, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Hawxx and joshua12131415 like this.
  2. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Maybe try Log Horizon after SAO? Simular concept of being trapped in a fantasy game but I felt that the characters are far more likeable :)

joshua12131415 likes this.
  3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I'd recommend One-Punch Man, Kill la Kill (kinda ecchi but it actually makes sense with the plot, you'll get used to it anyway), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Nanatsu no Taizai. These are all more Action and Adventure sorta anime, TTGL is my personal favourite of all anime, simply because it changed me as a person.

Death Billiards and then Death Parade (Death Billiards is basically episode 0) (Mystery, drama kind of thing, this shit is serious but really interesting. Plus the OP is amazing.)

Nichijou, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (two of the best comedy anime I've ever seen, they are fairly similar, I'd say Nichijou is better though)

For sports anime I'd recommend Haikyuu!!! (Volleyball) and Hajime no Ippo (Boxing) So much tension and hype.

I'd recommend really anything at 7 and above on my list, so feel free to check it out and maybe you'll find something that you'd enjoy http://anilist.co/user/28828/animelist

joshua12131415 likes this.
  4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

e r g o p r o x y

5. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Hey, the first two on your list start with Boku. Maybe try this.

Fuzzle likes this.
  6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Yeeeep. That link was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Without a doubt, that show is a timeless masterpiece which has changed the lives of all who have watched it...

though not necessarily for the better

7. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I thoroughly enjoyed Shokugeki no Soma. Been watching Sakamoto as well, that shit's pretty funny.

And as always, if people want something more introspective, mysterious and thought provoking, I strongly urge you to watch Kino's Journey and Mushi-shi. Or if you want something to really put a wrinkle or three in your brain, Serial Experiments Lain

8. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Weebs

Come at me 78787878

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Your bait is about as good as Akame ga Kill 25252525

EDIT: Now for some proper anime discussion

Episode 22

JoJo

this is already a confirmed 9/10 so far, I have a feeling this is going to be a 10/10 oh my

also I really dig the newest OP, JoJo OPs are always good, if you don't like em at first; they definitely grow on you later.

10. Wonkyth

Nah, yous weebs fo' sho'.
    Edit: if you haven't watched Serial Experiments Lain yet, then you're not even a weeb. You're a wannabe weeb.

Fate likes this.
  11. Nighthawk

I tried watching Serial Experiments Lain. I got fed up with the 10-second still shots and characters pausing for inordinately long amounts of time before saying anything.

SirDangalang likes this.
  12. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I haven't watched it yet, at this point my PTW list keeps growing and growing aaaa

so many things I need to watch and finish.

13. Wonkyth

Pfft. That's half the point. Appreciate that shit. Slow-pace = best-pace.

14. Nighthawk

There's a little bit of a difference between slow pacing and stalling because you lack the budget and or content to make a full 1-cour show.

... Sorry. That had a bit more salt than intended. Fact is, I am very salty about Lain, mainly because I've heard so many people praise it to the skies. I tried it, and after 5 episodes felt nothing but boredom and confusion. Maybe I'm just incredibly dense (a strong possibility), but I found the plot difficult to fully understand, the characters impossible to relate to, and the visuals rather unimpressive.

I'm sure at least some of you can understand having something ruined for you because of other people constantly reminding you how amazing it is. Such was the case with me and Lain.

If anyone would like to enlighten me as to why I'm a total 'tard, and I mean it when I say this: I'm listening. Because more than anything, I really do want to understand what the hype is about with that show.

15. Wonkyth

Eh, I guess you've gotta take it a bit on faith, yeah? It's definitely one of the harder aneems to get into, and it is somewhat polarising as not everyone who sits through the whole thing comes away agreeing with the hype. But I did, and I do. I think it might be helpful to go into it expecting to be confused in numerous ways. It's like watching an Orson Welles essay film.

16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

lain has been on my PTW for a while, haven't really been in the mood for some mind-fuckery yet though, so I'll hold off of that for now.

Mob motherfucking Psycho 100, what the actual FUCK is this shit, I went into the show with the expectation that it's gonna be something fun on the side and pretty shallow like OPM since it was made by ONE.

I was so fucking wrong, this shit is a lot more serious and deep, I SUPER HIGHLY recommend it like seriously, it's not even finished and it's pretty much a 9/10 already, basically on it's road to be a 10 depending on how the ending is.

17. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I can't say for sure about where/how the adaption will end, but I can tell you that the source material is Some Good Shitâ„¢. I've been excited about this since the anime announcement 2 seasons ago, because I love pretty much everything about the manga (webcomic).

And Studio B[ONE]S--let me tell, you they are definitely Studio of the Year for me, because they are doing so much justice to this series right now, as they did with Boku no Hero Academia last season. The way they took ONE's art and turned it into stunningly smooth and dynamic animation--the effort they put into stuff like oil painting animations (just look at the ED)--it makes me 100% Happy.

In other news, David Productions is Studio of My Life, because they deliver JoJo into my system, and they deliver it well. DiU is in good places right now, and I can't wait to see the next episode. The one (small) complaint I have is
    Killer/Deadly Queen's face. I like when it goes full cat in the manga, but right now it just looks like a pinkish Voldemort. I hope they'll adjust the eye size so that it looks like the eye in the OP.

Another thing I should mention to anyone who's overlooked it--Dragon Ball Super. It sucked for the majority of its first year airing, but the most recent arc has actually gotten me and other fans theorizing about future episodes and hyping up battles. If you can get over the Japanese voices (half of the characters are voiced by old ladies/men), then good things await. That said, DBS still falls into many pitfalls (e.g. Goku getting all the final fights--although the show might be teasing a reversal of that soon), so it's no 10/10. But y'know . . . it's Dragon Ball.

18. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Never forget QUALITY Queen RIP

I still have to catch up on DBS, in the middle of the tournament arc currently, the latest arcs does sound really intriguing...

New JoJo episode tomorrow, so damn hyped, Kira is such a good character, really can't wait to see more of him.

19. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Finished log horizon got ( whats a word that can describe the sad and empty feeling you get when you finish an anime? its not depression... something else), then finished Tokyo ghoul which is now my favorite anime, what next?
    edit; started Serial Experiments Lain should i continue? it's really weird...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  20. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

I believe the word you are looking for is bittersweet

Meanwhile I have been:
    1. Watching Amagi, Gakkougurashi, and Working
    2. Reading Mob Psycho manga.
    3. Following news for Fall 2016 season. Excited for Hibike S2, and Natsume Yuujinchou Go

joshua12131415 and SirDangalang like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi