1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Salt and Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Aug 17, 2016.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Originally released on the PS4, it later came on the PC as well.

From the Steam page, a description:
    A doomed sailor is shipwrecked on an uncharted island. In fog-shrouded valleys, where grinning, mossy corpses cling to rusted arms, shambling figures begin to stir. Beneath crumbling, salt-worn structures, labyrinthine passageways lead to unspeakable evil, long forgotten by man.

Salt and Sanctuary seamlessly combines fast, brutal, and complex 2D combat with richly developed RPG mechanics. Discover, craft, and upgrade over 600 weapons, armor pieces, spells, and items as you explore a cursed realm of forgotten cities, blood-soaked dungeons, desecrated monuments, and the fallen lords they once celebrated.

From Ska Studios, the award-winning indie studio behind a long list of stylistic, visceral, and brutally executed action titles that includes The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, and Charlie Murder, comes Salt and Sanctuary, the studio’s most ambitious title to date.

Personal thoughts
    One of the better platformers I have played this year. The gameplay is thoroughly enjoyable and challenging without being unfair. The bosses telegraph their attacks, but are cryptic enough that you actually have to pay attention and learn. This is pretty much a 2D Dark Souls, no way around that elephant in the room - but it is not a bad thing. All the similar mechanics are there (rolling, fat rolling, uncancelable animations, losing salt on death, getting a bonus item of choice in the beginning, etc. All the way down to the artistic style) and it has translated to the 2D plane very well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283640/
    Supports gamepads (actually recommended), has an option to display DualShock icons if you use a DS3/DS4 controller. Playable also with a mouse and keyboard.
    It's well worth the salt.

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Oh god this game. First 20 mins of this game i said. "Well, this can't be harder then dark souls" that was untill the first boss spawned, i died more times then i did on dark souls 2+3.

jimmyzoudcba and Fate like this.
  3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Funnily enough the first few bosses were fine for me. I spammed the shit out of the Birian Firepot on the first boss.
    The Jester boss scared me because I entered from the wrong side and he just charged me.
    The Third Lamb made me rage for real.

Still a good game, rewards careful gameplay. Fuck the slimes.

4. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

A cool game and it don't need a good pc

5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Salt and sanctuary = Soul and bonfire

Anyways, it is a really cool game and magic is actually fun to use.
    but yeah, even when it is a dark souls 2d, it is an awesome game.

(try defeating Unspeakable Deep, lol)

Mods: BlueLuigi