1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF FogboundLake [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by mcrifel, Aug 28, 2016.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Map name: FogboundLake
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: Underground lake accessible only in the middle and on either sides of the map, warboats are very useful for capturing the bottom flag while there is still some good old land fighting above ground.
    (2 flags)
    Map: FogboundLake.png
    FogboundLake.png

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    makmoud98 likes this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

No please ;-; I hate water maps, especially the kind that you are basically forced into.

3. mcrifel

1. MIST

give constructive critisism so I can improve it, just saying "i hate water maps" isn't much help, good water maps are the best there is and this land still has a upper area to fight on land.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I like it, but I think that the bottom should be more accessible, and I think that there should be more islands in the water below

5. mcrifel

1. MIST

What I was going for was boat wars in the bottom section I guess one more accesway could be possible by digging a little without ruining the need of warships.

6. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I liek it, but what I meant was for there to be more of an island in the middle, so that you can set up base there (kinda like a checkpoint)

7. mcrifel

1. MIST

edited it slightly, allows for tunneling from the top layer to the flag and added small islands in the water

asger75 likes this.
  8. asger75

asger75 Haxor

noice

9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

he did right here
    Youre entitled to your own opinion even though i think it is complete wrong. What do you consider a "good" watermap because i have only seen one yet(BC flatmap's monstrosity that somehow was playable). My issue with water maps is that you have to get across the lake(which i find feasible no issue) kill all the enemies, and then run back thru the water while they respawn(because boats are slow, teams are uncoordinated, and you are really weak sitting in the warboat).

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  10. asger75

asger75 Haxor

My biggest issue with water maps = lag

11. mcrifel

1. MIST

You have to run towards the flag, kill enemies and run back with land maps too, and the part of water between the two flags is not that big, the only real danger is from the hole in the middle but if your team controls the top of the map then there is nothing to worry about. And the enemies coming from the water side, wel you are probably already ahead of them and else there is possibly a warship where your team mates respawn then you just swim back. So I don't get your point.

12. PUNK123

What. My point is water is a cancerous mechanic and if you are in it you are in a pretty shitty predicament. My issue isnt bringing the flag back it is trying to drag the flag back through water(cancerous for both the attacker and the attacked). Frankly having a flag so hard to get close to is both annoying and not like-able by me. Think about it on your map you are literally making players hop into the pool, take the flag, either drag it to the underground flag OR swim through the water tunnel. It just doesnt look like any fun and water stagnates alot of things. Also there's the point that the giant line of bedrock forced you to go through your water tunnel or fall in through mid(and then go into your water tunnel again to get out). The resource spread is also pretty bad if mazey hold you to the same standard ive been subjected to.

13. EhRa

1. KRPG

It's not so much water maps, it's the fact that most force you into the water.

This map literally forces you into the water together flag and/or return it.

The reason I gave no criticism that he could build on, because the criticism would change the map too dramatically and start an argument or scream fest about opinions.

Anyway, some kind of map that uses water, but doesn't force you into it or stops a proper land battle. Something like a swamp type map.

14. mcrifel

1. MIST

recource spread I can do something about, for the rest I really don't get why it is so bad, I feel that it works fine as it is.

remember that there are 2 flags, 1 above ground.

EDIT: There, added a new version with "better" recource spread

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  15. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Was there an inspiration for this map, I wonder?
    [​IMG]

It's interesting but I don't really see why the caves under tent have to be so dark, they should have some openings. I also think it's kinda restrictive with all that bedrock.

an_obamanation and EhRa like this.
  16. EhRa

1. KRPG

Having two flags does make it a bit more doable, but it still doesn't go away from the fact that you are forced into a massive stretch of water with practically no way up (either go the whole way or try to somehow dig up through the single gap above the flag, while enemies are attacking your flag carrier).

17. jibbo35442

jibbo35442 Base Burner

I think the map would be better if it were to have more ground blocks under the water to allow for some covert tunneling operations rather than having a big open space at the top of the map. Hope that improves it somehow.

EhRa likes this.
  18. PUNK123

rejected.

bunnie likes this.