1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I need serious help

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by MrPaschal, Sep 28, 2016.

Tags:
Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. MrPaschal

MrPaschal Catapult Fodder

I am trying to host a server and have no idea what I am doing.
    I paid for official hosting, and have no idea how to configure any of these files on my end. I use a Mac (rip me in advance). I should've done more research before hand, but nothing I can find is really helpful.

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Paid for official hosting..?

So, What website did you pay to use their server.
    They will say what the server OS is running. Eg. Windows or linux.
    All you need to do is place your kag file down into the server, config the autoconfig.cfg file, and run dedicatedserver.bat

3. MrPaschal

MrPaschal Catapult Fodder

Okay, I am using Gentleman & Scholar Hosting. I have downloaded the data, and have a kag_linux folder in my King Arthur's Gold Steam data. I don't know how to get Ghost to utilize the data I have no my computer, and I also cannot find either the autoconfig.cfg nor the dedicatedserver.bat files.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 29, 2016 ---
    I try to run KAGdedi in Terminal and it says it "cannot execute binary file"

4. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

You need an FTP client in order to edit the files on GSHOST. A good one that I use is WINSCP but that doesn't work on Linux unfortunately. I did however look up a bit about linux FTP's and apparently people said a decent one was one called "Krusader" so you could potentially go and look that up. If you're wondering where the FTP info will be it should be at the bottom of your server information list.

What type of server are you trying to setup exactly? Are you tying to get mods or other gamemodes on it, or are you just trying to have custom maps on vanilla game modes, or are you just trying to host the basic maps and such. If you're just trying to host the basic maps or whatever you don't even need an FTP client to set that up, you just gotta press the "Start" button in your gshost server info.

5. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey,

If you're on Mac/Linux/Windows I suggest using FileZilla FTP. It works on all OSs and it's easiest.

As an_obamanation said (thanks), if you just want to play vanilla kag without custom maps/etc you don't need FTP and can edit the settings on the gshost website itself.

You don't need to run the kagdedi locally and it gives that error because macs cannot run binaries compiled for linux.

an_obamanation likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey