1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Clan tags shouldn't be displayed in kill feed

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by epsilon, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Do you think this should be changed?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

As the title states, clan tags shouldn't be displayed in kill feed. Some people's names a long and get cut off the screen if they're killed by someone. They are also a bit unnecessary for them to be displayed in the kill feed.

upload_2016-10-8_16-57-13.png
    Very top right of the screen. Pura's name gets cut out the edge of the game.

Cruxiat likes this.
  2. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

hrm... did you wait specifically for a pic of pura getting killed? lol

Croco-Dile likes this.
  3. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Nah he has a long name which demonstrates the issue with clan tags in the kill feed.

4. Croco-Dile

Croco-Dile The Reptilian Donator

Get rid of clan tags completely ::):

bru-jaz, Frikman and Cruxiat like this.
  5. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

Is this a problem of clantags? Pura`s (whoever he is) clantag is UNITY and the problem is made by a loong name. Erasing clantag from kill feed is not that necessary, repairing it to fit on screen would be enough I guess.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  6. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Removing clan tags in the kill feed will just stop most longer names from being cut off the edge of the screen. It won't completely fix the issue but it will allow somewhat longer names to be displayed.
    The kill feed shouldn't be nudged over to accommodate longer names. Removing clan tags however is a much easier solutions as they aren't that necessary in the kill feed.
    You can always see the clan tags in the tab scoreboard and under teammates so it wouldn't affect clan tags dramatically.

7. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Seems like a neat idea but too much work for something so little, KAG doesn't have a gigantic development team like some big companies have and thus small changes like this will probably never happen. If it does get implemented then fine it fixes this small issue i guess but I really don't see it happening.

epsilon likes this.
  8. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

True.

mcrifel likes this.
  9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Removing the clan tags from the kill feed would be a great idea, but again as touched on by people above, it would probably be too much work for THD.

Any modders able to change this?

epsilon likes this.
  10. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Are you guys being sarccy? How is it too much effort? Stop the low quality memes.

Regardless, I disagree. It's not that big of a deal and a clan is a small part of who we are as KAG players.

JaytleBee, bru-jaz, Magmus and 5 others like this.
  11. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Here ya go: NoClanOnKill.zip
    Just unzip it into your server's mod folder, add "NoClanOnKill" into mods.cfg and you're done.
    Anyways, if you guys want, I may try and add a setting into the already existing settings menu to toggle whether or not to display your clan in the kill feed.

Attached Files:

bru-jaz, EhRa, Frikman and 4 others like this.
  12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

No

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I wouldn't mind an option for it but unless you know some witchery I don't I'd have to add that sort of thing ;)

for the next build I'm just making clantags grey everywhere they're displayed except chat - chat doesn't have the capability for more than one colour per line. That means the scoreboard (scripted one, not builtin), hover texts, and killfeed. I'll consider this change though; it's not very much work contrary to what a few have said.

bru-jaz, king-george, EhRa and 5 others like this.
  14. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Great to hear there's an update comin', Geti.
    Really offtopic, but about the fonts sizes: Remember that update that made all fonts in chat and loading screen tiny? Does that have been fixed/reversed and i didnt noticed? Because i remeber the font size being kinda bigger , long time ago.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Font size has never scaled by screen and I dont think it was specifically changed (loading screen just uses most recently set GUI font) but the chat font was a tiny bit bigger in classic?

There's a config for this (guiConfig iirc) but changing the size of a font can cause some problems if it's used anywhere else - I dont think the chat font is though?

bru-jaz likes this.
  16. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

i think it was something about the default resolution of kag was changed or something to do with aspect ratios ?

bru-jaz likes this.
  17. Geti

That didn't change the size of the font, just the positioning of the chat box at some higher resolutions; unless you're playing fullscreen at default res (was 1024x768, now 720p) and letting your monitor stretch it, the GUI has remained the same scale regardless of resolution.

I think where you're getting confused is the in-game (non-GUI) sprites became slightly smaller for people who play a widescreen resolution because the default aspect ratio changed from 4:3 to 16:9 (I can go through the maths if you want but basically anyone playing widescreen was getting "cropped" in the old system, they can now see the full distance ingame but the sprites are smaller).

The loading screen font "became smaller" because it's using a different font due to an external order of operations change. It just uses whatever font is currently set. If people want a different/bigger font to be set for the loading screen that can probably be arranged.

However, the GUI has always been at the same scale, the font size in-game was unaffected by that change.

joshua12131415 and bru-jaz like this.
Mods: Rainbows