1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK s3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by mcrifel, Nov 3, 2016.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The current rules for NA vs EU are good enough imo, it gives the clan who will be playing away on the third match a small chance to still be able to win. If you have bo2 and do it with the timer the one who wins faster automatically win. Kinda ruins some strategies that take longer to do.

But I am open to suggestions, if you feel that bo2 is still better then I would be happy to change the rules to where as they make sense.

2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

I present myself as a FIST! Councilman to hereby grant this discussion of Reason and Politeness

So I think bo3 is fine but the problems I remember from MLK2 are:
    a) clans who would fight others 3,4,5 times in a row
    b) people who wouldnt show up to the match (and general lack of participation)
    c) peasants like SAP who wouldn't respect official rounds

I would like to suggest:
    A) 2 clans can't fight more than 1 time, or to help avoid stagnation of the league, the points earned decrease if the clans have already played a match together. Still there will be clans who will prefer to not fight some other because they are too stronk but this is not necessarily bad.

B) maybe some help from the admin/dev side to publish match announcements and make people feel like they are important and take the matches seriously, like maybe steam announcements or official events, I really think this would help also give visibility to KAG in general. Maybe prizes of some sorts? If any HOLY ADMIN were to check this thread please let us know what are the chances here.

C) my ideal for this would be to RECORD EVERY MATCH but im aware we depend on good people who would offer themselves to do so and Im not sure thats possible for every match. Honestly I don't think most clans will play dirty and I think people are goodwilled enough to respect the rules and be Civil.

Other stuff:
    120 seconds is fine and reasonable, 40 minute too
    Will subs b allowed?
    Will BoW and other old clans participate? please do so
    Will AG# come back from the tomb to play? please do so
    Will FIST win, even if these conditions are met?

we all know the answer :^)

3. mcrifel

1. MIST

I like the idea of the points decreasing when playing against the same clan. Like: (The previous amount of points earned) x 0.75 or something like that.

Subs are only allowed when there are 4 people in 1 team and one person joins in to balance it out. That sub can not be in any other clan though. Otherwise subs are not allowed.

4. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I have been out of the competitive side for a while now but about how many active clans are there per region? It would be pretty cool to do a draft to determine teams for MLK S3 because it would allow for more teams (most clans would have left over players not playing in their clans matches) and it would even the playing field a bit.

5. mcrifel

1. MIST

MLK has been for KAG clans and it will continue to be like that. There are enough clans to participate and you are even seeing new ones arise because of MLK s3

6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Nonononono. If the EU team wins round one and the NA team wins round 2, then it is automatically a tie (if the flag counts are the same).
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 5, 2016 ---
    I agree.

For EU, the active clans are FIST, ARC, SF & NI and that's it afaik.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  7. mcrifel

1. MIST

There is now a server called:

Major League Kag Season 3 Server [European]

pass: horus

(it is using noautobalance mod and the current MLK s3 maps)

if anybody is willing to host a Australian, North American and a NA West Coast server that would be of much help.

8. In reagrds to elo - to avoid clans "farming" weaker clans, we are going with @Psiklaw idea of reducing the points a clan get for beating another clan over and over, so that it become more worthwhile to verse other clans instead.

As @mcrifel has said, subs will be permitted as long as the sub is from the same clan (exactly like standard clan wars).

In regards to participation and adhering to official rounds - if a clan fails to show for a scheduled match, it will be a forfeit to the other team. If neither clan shows, that match will be rescheduled, but if neither show again, that match will be a draw. If a clan fails to adhere to official rounds will be penalised points for bad sportsmanship and may be forced to forfeit the match.

9. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

All these questioning about rules etc. are useless cause all those probelms won't happen if nobody plays it. Just secure a basic set of very simple rules and see if there are enough clans to even talk about a league in the first place. Farming other clans etc... won't be a problem, just need a few official referees that make sure the game is fair and the basic rules are respected and PEOPLE PLAY.

10. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Every year it's the same thing!
    it's discussing and rediscussing rules that have not even need to be discussed for me, because in the last years everything worked very well! And the 2 previous season always has a successful end!

There is no need to change the rules of bo3 on the same continent, and no need to change the rules of bo2 where 2 teams confronts on a different continent.

You know very well that this rule has been discussed thousands of times, and a lot of poll was done, and two years that this rule stayed like that.
    Stop wasting your time on this kind of thing.

At the limit that I can conceive, it's to changing the buildtime, I'm following the opinion of @Gurin after all this is a competition, and it's true that some teams were so pro to the creation of towers, that in 150 seconds it was impossible to jump over a tower with a single bomb jump and even with a double bomb jump too !

100 or 120 seem good. (However do not forget the time to respawn where the teams often lose a lot of valuable seconds)

Then I think a Elo rank as season 2 would be good, because otherwise such boring notice haters will come back constantly to all the big teams:

While the small clan as you said was managed by the same leader with better players, who crashed your clan this year ;)

Anyway the day, that's the morons will understand that at the time the clan MIST, was the one who had the balls to confront us, because big clans piss themself and reject each of our requests, you'll understand a lot ;)

because yes there are some clans who lost several times and despite that they did not lose hope and continue to fight, and I have great respects for these clans!
    And others who lost once, and be they become dissociated or they start playing against clans, where they are sure to win.

in short when your clan will have a palmares as big as this one:
    [​IMG]
    (Because yes none clan has a palmares as large, none.)

you will have my respect, but for now stop saying idiocy you believe you are interessant, its been a while I watch you and I see how you boast about your clan, but know one thing if I reform my clan tomorrow you will take the biggest humiliation of your life.

That was the little clash of the day, if kids have something to say because I defend my old clan and want to rage, do it
    it's been a long time that I'm quite tall and I go way above all this : ')

11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

@Snake19, if anything you do anything but "go way above all this". Have you signed up for the league with your clan? No? Then why are you getting involved in a manner that consists only of bashing people for discussing rules for their next tournament? Just because you were fine with the rules last time, doesn't mean everybody else was/is. They wouldn't be discussing this if there was no need for improvement in their eyes. Now please take a chill pill and think about how aggressively you word your sentences before posting them next time.

P.S.: Whether or not your clan has signed up is completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. Be less hostile and abusive towards other members of the community, or you'll receive sanctions.

12. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Your record says 29-2-3 but you actually lost 4. And also, most of your wins were against MIST so git gud.

13. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

14. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

My clan is dead, the league didn't started ^^

I was so aggressive ? I could be much more, but I held back :3

People do not understand, when I calmly explain things, its been several times that I had always repeated if the big clans not rejected our requests for wars clans, we could not have asked so many clans wars to the MIST!

But it was the only clan who accepted our demands and without them we would not have advanced in the league cus nobody wanted to face us.
    Without them we would have been last of the league for no clan wars, it is not unfair? ( last... I abuse a little, but the NMS would have won for sure)

BoW want a bo3 for every matchs right ?
    tell me how you intend to set up this rule and I will explain you why it's unfair and why people will mad on.

ok on 35 clans wars remove 7 from MIST if you want, AG stay the clan with the most of clan wars of all kag ;)
    Also on 35 clans wars I count 18 against biggest clans so more than the smallest clans.
    Why you did not just admit that the AG was a good clan? that's will hurt your ass to say? : ')

I'm not ashamed to say that the best kag clan was Zen ^^
    (I speak competitive level, not social, courage or whatever)

oh also stop trolling malt please:')

15. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

This'll be the last post in this thread before I open a pm with you - I don't care two bits about the contents of the rules, I posted that last message as administrator and not as a member of BoW. Hence whatever my clan may or may not want is completely irrelevant. If you can't control your emotions then don't post at all. It's as easy as that.

16. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@Snake19 You shouldn't have taken offense dude, I was just talking about rules. I wasn't trying to get a 'reaction' or anything, nor am I dissing MIST. All I know is that certain players are hesitant to join the league since they know that manipulation is (sometimes) present. However, I have high hopes in the organisers and I reckon they'll do splendidly!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  17. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

@Snake19 try to stop being toxic man..
    They're discussing rules because they're supposed to be fair enough for everyone (or at least the majority), trying to force your opinion that way is a huge mistake, let not speak of how you're looking quite arrogant while trying to show off.
    AG# is dead, most of its members -if not all of them- are no longer that active, stop acting as if everyone's against your old beloved clan because acting this way gives them a real reason to do so.
    Sorry if I'm being mean or rude, I'm not interested in starting a flame war over here and what not, so feel free to ignore my opinion and/or discard it.
    Now back to the topic, I totally agree with the idea of lowering the build phase to 100, is there a possibility to add a poll just to gather people's thoughts on the matter?
    Discussing things one by one would be much more fruitful than having each one suggesting a set of rules, besides it makes it easier to criticize every rule on its own in order to reach the most suitable ones for the community.

18. A_Jax

A_Jax Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

me and coroz are still alive c:

19. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

More then enough still active actualy, but some moved on to other clans aswell

20. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I don't understand why we have to discuss rules again. We came to an agreement for MLK S2 and it worked out fine. There is literally no need to argue about it lol.