1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 228 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Dec 2, 2011.

1. teyesahr

teyesahr Shipwright

So it's not just me....

2. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

Nope... almost everyone running KAG on linux is reporting that it isn't working... too bad, really

3. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

They will fix it guys just wait then take a brake..and go make something else during 2,3 days don't forget than the game is in alpha it's normal!!!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fwiw linux version is tested by MM in a virtual machine and he reported it working before release, so we'll be looking into it asap. Sorry for all the hassle there. Thanks for the info on what made the server stop crapping itself shad, could you email that to MM?

I'm running it without a hitch on window XP and 7 though. Could the people having issues there try a clean re-install?

I'm just about to catch a plane. We'd rather fix bugs than roll back at this point, hopefully we can just sort out whatever's wrong Monday and get a hotfix out asap.

AGRAIL, Ej, Noburu and 1 other person like this.
  5. Salted

Salted Bison Rider

Didn't work:oops:

6. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

7. what about macs via winebottler?

8. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

KAG via winebottler is not exactly supported by the devs, since there's a native OSX client in the works.
    That said, try to rebottle the package MM just linked, it might work.

[edit]
    It still does not work. Identical results to http://bugs.kag2d.com/view.php?id=4

9. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

+1

10. MM

trelawney likes this.
  11. AGRAIL

AGRAIL Shipwright

+1

MM just a thaught ... if ur testing in the vm u use to build , try a live cd for testing

[edit] downloading new link above ...

12. MM

It wasn't the fault of the VM, just put the wrong files in the installer.

13. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

14. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

It complains of
    Code:
    [1028] Could not open file of texture: Sprites/smoke.png

Rename Sprites/Smoke.png to smoke.png to fix it.

15. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

16. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Awww, it works but it still suffers for many many bugs. I am reporting them on our bug tracker.

I don't know how this happened, KAG is awefully broken in comparison to previous version ;/

Noburu and trelawney like this.
  17. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

Know the feeling man! The other day i released an update to our "serious" software and accidentally put part of a chat with my wife in a file name, autoupdating was broken then because of that :D

18. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As MM has been talking about update issues I think that side of it is under control.
    The other part is this new requirement for libgl (something that many servers won't have installed for obvious reasons).
    Its easily fixed (install it) but it strikes me as very odd indeed. I take it this is because the server and client share the same code?

19. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

In Map Editor, I can not load a map I've made to test it out. The option is not there.

screen-11-12-04-18-28-13.png

20. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

And we can't not generate a map too I posted this message 3 days ago and they said that was not very important for now but now since the linux build is ok I would like to have again these options.

Noburu likes this.