1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Best host for KAG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kingme, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Kingme

Kingme Catapult Fodder

Hey guys please give me some advice.
    I want to host a KAG server and im not sure whether to get a VPS or use a shared host.
    Is this the only King Arthur's Gold server hosting provider? Seriously just 1?
    If no, please suggest me a good VPS!

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

toffie0 and an_obamanation like this.
  3. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Is there another option for EU as well?

4. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Gshost has an EU server in germany, but I remember vans used to use this hosting site http://pukawka.pl/ which hosts in poland. I can't give many specific details on it because I only know a little amount of polish and it's been a while since vans hosted servers but I remember that it's harder to use but is cheaper per slot depending on the choice you use (After checking it out I saw the standard EU option for KAG was 1.50 zloty per slot, which is 38 cents american money per slot if I recall correctly.)

I also did a bit of searching and found this as a possible option. I don't know if it's 100% reliable or the quality of it because I have never used it but it looks like it hosts in london and such, so maybe it's something to check out https://nitrous-networks.com/game-servers/king-arthurs-gold/

5. RobinHoodPL

RobinHoodPL Bison Rider Tester

ovh.net best and cheap vps servers.

6. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

So; Rent a KAG Server if you are only wanted to host servers for kag, if not get a VPS
    Kag *As of right now* works best on linux servers.
    Like furai said, https://gshost.us is a good one to use, and its hosted by one of the THD team (More trustable)

I use fasthost vps, so yeah..

7. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Thanks for the information everyone :)

8. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

I personally use DigitalOcean for hosting because the interface is really nice and clear and it's cheap. Also if you're a student you can apply to GitHub student which will give you free DigitalOcean credit. You will need to use the Linux command line a bit to set up the server though.

9. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

Nitrado
    Servers in Frankfurt, LA and Tokio i think

10. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor