1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Owlboy

Discussion in 'Other games' started by 8x, Nov 20, 2016.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh boy, Owlboy!
    http://www.owlboygame.com/

It's a 2d platformer-adventure that's been in development for almost 10 years! Some will say it's a "pixel-art love letter", or a "old-style" platformer. I would say it comes from there, but it's independent by himself. What is more, in my opinion it's not even "pixel-art" despite it follows and represents all these boring pixel art cluster ideas examples you will find in any tutorial at any renown pixel art community. Back in the day, as a player of NES and SNES, nobody talked about pixel-art, but about the art itself.

Anyways, the visuals are great (a bit too great at times), the animations are awesome, the general atmosphere is very cool, the level design is good, and the music is fantastic so far. I know, it just looks too good (and that's too risky at times). It's not only they've done a great job, but also the nostalgia factor gets triggered everywhere, but it's not actualy a game for the nostalgic and its lush visuals are much more than simple retro styled platformer. The plot looks very good and even the dialogues. I've played like 3 hours, but if I make this thread is for hearing from you in case you've been waiting for the game, or you have a point of view to share about the game in general.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Contrary, Psiklaw and mcrifel like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Woah I recall playing this very, very, very long ago. The beta.

Mods: BlueLuigi