1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG BUILD 2067 - More API Client Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 14, 2016.

?

What Next?

1. HTTP From Script

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Boulder Rebalance

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  3. 5 New TDM Maps

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. 2 new CTF Maps

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. 2 new TTH Maps

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Official Modded Server

27 vote(s)
    38.0%
  7. New Heads

19 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There are no game-side changes this build; this is just to help with servers whose stability has been affected by the recent changes.

Cameron has been working directly with the affected users trying to debug the problem and we're fairly confident this should clear them up, though as always there might be unexpected nasties lurking. The affected hosts know who they are - be sure to pipe up if you have any issues, though.

I'm taking this opportunity to gauge where you guys are at with the next preferred smallish changes

Have Fun!
    Max

Vamist likes this.
  2. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

One bug ive been experiencing past month is sometimes when i go through a tunnel it automatically lights a bomb that i cant throw

3. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I think there should be changes to a couple of female heads. I've notice on some heads that they are the exact same head with no changes from their male counterpart. I feel that each head should be something different and repeated heads just take up spots for an even better head.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I have literally no idea what'd be causing that :/

Some look good on both and I don't want to take away from that. Until we're at the normal head slot limit I don't see the harm in it.

5. AlmightyHelixFossil

AlmightyHelixFossil Catapult Fodder

We can choose to vote for 2 new TTH maps or an official modded server (among other choices)?
    Not even any contest on where I'm putting my vote.

bru-jaz likes this.
  6. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

its only happened about 4 times over probably 20 hours of play and i havent heard of it happening to anyone else so its not that big of a deal. just strange

7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I'm hoping the official modded servers will lead to custom heads on official servers. @Geti, didn't you say you would test the player heads mod on the official modded servers to see if it's viable for all official servers?
    Thanks for the recent updates devs! :heart:

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I'll be looking at adding TTH maps at the end of this month (I add maps monthly, this works better than every week or so)

Geti likes this.
  9. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but 'HTTP from script' means nothing to me. Could we have an explanation for this?

Nicuwins and Osmal like this.
  10. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

Please, don't release the Players Head Mod on official servers. I saw so much confusing heads like a half builder head and the other half was just a white square. The Players Head mod will ruin the Official Servers. Better add some new heads (Maybe some Hotline Miami Heads <3 ) or host some extra servers for the Head Mod.

ShamWow-SuperRag and PUNK123 like this.
  11. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

haha, yea it is true, some of the heads are very ugly. although, it is a nice creative way to customize your player. although if you look at minecraft, some people have really ugly skins, but that doesn't seem to stop it. idk, i understand the frustration, but i dont care as much about ugly heads.

Blue_Tiger and bru-jaz like this.
  12. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

I know, it is cool to have your own head (i have one too) but later i will try to find an old screenshot of a Flappy Bird Head. It was too big, althought it didn't look ugly but it was damn annoying to fight with him because of his confusing head. Besides, i believe it would ruin the atmosphere of a nice round when everybody has their own Head. Actually i think there is still a little bit medieval feeling in KAG also with the Pumpkin Head ( <3 ). I guess these Heads could create some problems ingame for example when the Head is bigger than other Heads, you could see the Player much easier in rat tunnels or it during the building phase when it blocks your view. We would need much "rules" for these special heads because it would be easy to troll "legal" without rules ( I bet these rules wouldn't work neither :/ )

PUNK123 likes this.
  13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I can help into "adapting" custom heads if that thread leads somewhere. I don't really believe custom heads will be an official thing.

Geti and bru-jaz like this.
  14. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Thinking of all the shit heads I've encountered makes me reconsider my thoughts on player heads on official servers :/ I guess there are other better things to focus on...
    I'm also excited to hopefully be able to play lots of new mods (new for me) without high ping. I see mods like gold floats and territory control and wonder what all the fuss is about. I feel like I'm missing out :(

15. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Someone can also go through the custom head mod and delete all the ugly ones, and anyone who never had a head in there, or had an ugly head can resubmit, and the new heads will have to get approved before they get added to the mod.

epsilon and Blue_Tiger like this.
  16. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

So you mean pretty much 99% of the heads get deleted? :P

joshua12131415 likes this.
  17. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

There isn't a good Solution.

Pirate-Rob likes this.
  18. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

So , what happened to the official modded servers? Was It because the ddos attacks you held back those plans?

19. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

(x) buff sponges

Geti likes this.
  20. Geti

Yeah they just kind of "fell off" the list after all the ddos stuff calmed down, and it took months to get the build infrastructure working properly again to even consider it.

I'm gauging demand for them again here because I think it'd be a good drive for modders to see their work hosted somewhere official and it'd help keep the game fresh for folks who're fatigued with the game as it stands. I'd like them to host a mixture of kag-like and totally-strange mods :)

Re: custom heads on all officials - I'm not yet convinced this is a great idea; I'm happy to try it as part of any of the kag-like mods if we get an official modded server going but as folks have said, there's issues with moderation, and some folks care more than others. It's not "off the table" as such but it's likely to be a headache for us.