1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is better a catapult or a ballista?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcrifel, Sep 20, 2014.

?

Catapult or Ballista?

1. Catapult

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Ballista

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Both are equally overpowered and obnoxious. Please remove.

epsilon, bru-jaz, franek123 and 2 others like this.
  2. TheSyncRow

TheSyncRow Bison Rider

Sure the right thing for the right moment but, I think 100% always trust the catapult. great damage, especially with a boulder and can launch your friends.

Only problem is that you can 100% catapult is sick however, the people using it can be complete scumbags >.> like how you get launched from the highest possible place and thrown at such a low power from a SKYSCRAPER AND YOU INSTANTLY FALL TO YOUR DEATH LIKE YOU MEANT NOTHING!!!... cata pho life::P:

bru-jaz likes this.
  3. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I still think they are quite equal in usefulness, the catapult might be just a little bit better.

- GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE CATAPULT :

- Quite a bit cheaper than the ballista, boulders are very strong against buildings when launched, can launch players and if they have chickens can fly into almost all enemy bases and do some damage with bombs or as a builder. Good against mid structures and a hard counter to mid tunnels in competitive play. Also can be broken to get 100 free stone for if your stone supply ran out. In TTH choosing the path with the catapult also gets you the warship which is sweet on water maps.

- BAD THINGS ABOUT THE CATAPULT

- Normal attack is quite weak compared to boulders and the ballista's bomb bolts but it is still good against platforms, doors and shops.

- GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE BALLISTA

- Strong pushing tool with its re spawning capabilities, with bomb bolts becomes very powerful and can take out large structures faster than a catapult could ever wish to. Making it very powerful in the late game and thus a stalemate breaker. Another handy thing is if you ever get in a enemies base and have aces to their siege shop and you have 200 coins, BAM your teammates spawn in the enemies base. Not to mention being able to change to other classes.

- BAD THINGS ABOUT THE BALLISTA

- Very expensive, 200 coins for the thing itself, the ammo is expensive too and 100 extra gold for the upgrade, and seeing as how a ballista is more useful in the late game it might be hard to get the upgrade and without bomb bolts this thing is very weak.

epsilon and bru-jaz like this.
  4. TheSyncRow

TheSyncRow Bison Rider

:rekt:HOWEVER :rektlord:
    I would think of catapults as a kind of all rounder WMD!!! (weapon of mass destruction) where in late game it can launch people with or without kegs, and in early game with pro knights into the heart of the enemy base and completely decimating the population of the red SCUM!
    Ballistas are also able to be taken over quite easily, same as catapults but catapults don't possess the spawning element which can greatly benefit the other side as well as yours. Ballistas also isn't very easy protect when having a torrent of enemies slowly taking over, while catapults can still launch people through wood platforms.

Though both weapons do have their moments to shine, I think catapults just have more times and opportunities to shine, due to its low cost of both the itself and ammo (people at best :D). The downfall of the ballistas is that it is so expensive and can be quickly taken away with two swift bomb arrows. Ballistas require more of a precise shot when compared to the catapult as it has a spread effect. Also like you said ballistas are good at taking down large structures but when it comes to killing people themselves directly, than it would be a waste of your bolts so it should be used for buildings only.
    Catapult = :thumbs_up:
    Ballista = :right: (midway)

5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I can think only one thing that is wrong with the catapult:
    Players jumping on the bucket of the catapult when you are aiming at a more important target.
    https://forum.thd.vg/threads/catapu...teamates-instead-of-stones.26406/#post-392333

About the ballistae i can think a few things:
    Both of them need a button to cancel shots:
    https://forum.thd.vg/threads/siege-right-click-to-cancel-shots.26407/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Magmus and TheSyncRow like this.
  6. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Ballista as spawn point is just annoying though because people rarely build shops near it - so you end up having to walk back to base to buy bombs. And knights in CTF are gimped without bombs.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

You always can swap to builder, leave 100 wood laying there, come back to knight and ask another player to swap to builder and make the shop.

8. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Mc can you allow us to change votes? This way we can actually persuade others ;D

9. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

You won't find that sort of teamwork in pubs though, well at least rarely.

EDIT: Done

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  10. asger75

asger75 Haxor

HAHA,
    kag's been pub so long that kag's pub games are equal to other games competitive matches,
    people take kag pub so seriously it gives me tumors just watching.
    just thought I'd say
    *Deleted, of topic*

jimmyzoudcba likes this.