1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WTFree - Total Halibut's new series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dwatring, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

same goes for rest of youtube, really

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Feel free to go and correct them guys ;)

Noburu likes this.
  3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah I've been periodically posting a comment about that. I noticed Neat and Rainbows doing the same.

4. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

The problem was his twitter. (I did a little research...) He showed he was kind of pissed about MM (misinterpreted) remark. You will understand when you see them. http://twitter.com/#!/Totalbiscuit

I understand that TB most likely does not read his Youtube posts but there is a big miscommunication issue. Hopefully... it was resolved with the posting of the youtube video, I do not know. I am not forcing anyone to do anything but it seems a wise decision to get this matter settled in any way possible. The way I see it he misinterpreted your post. He got angered based upon not knowing MM's personality nor the lingual discrepancies based upon cultures (MM = Polish/ TB = British) as to what is an insult and what is not. (It might have not been any one of the developer's fault; but being the adult in this argument and outright apologizing for the misinterpretations seems like the wisest course of action even if it will hurt some people's pride. In the end of the day you are trying to sell a game and this argument with TB would inhibit any possibility for future advertisement for the game.)

P.S. if this is now irrelevant please forgive me.
    Here are them in quotes from his Twitter they were posted October 31:

5. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I think this matter was resolved privatly because after forums misinterpertation MM tweeted that he pm'd TB on forums so I think it was resolved in a mature way.

Fellere825 likes this.
  6. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

MM is a game programmer, not a businessman or PR guy. Being a talented programmer and shrewd businessman is more often than not mutually exclusive.

Totalbiscuit was all like "Cor blimey what do I do where's the tutorial telling me to stab enemies to kill them - this is so awkward, I'm not used to playing a game and not instantly being a master at it, I need some hot tea with milk!"
    and then MM was all like
    "You are dumb kurwa what do you think you are instantly good at tennis or chess or what? And then you are blame game for being alpha maybe you cwelu jebany stop being that stupid and learn and enjoy it"

A misunderstanding obviously. TB didn't show how awesome the game is and MM was pissed it was shown from a very bad angle. TB didn't have the time to play and learn the game previously. If you think about it for a while today KAG can easily be considered to be a hardcore game - a disappointing testament of the game industry today.

TB may or may not decide to do a coverage of KAG. If he decides to go along however it's clear to everybody that this is a hardcore game with a steep learning curve - without getting familiar with the game doing a coverage of it would be as pointless as having a great sports commentator struggling with describing an exotic unfamiliar game.

7. Miczu

Miczu Shopkeep Stealer

archont after reading that... clearly you don't have any idea what happened.

8. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

Right. In that case, how about you fill us all in Miczu?

9. Librettist

Librettist Shipwright

I demand more! I was just getting popcorn.

AJ likes this.
  10. Mouse

Mouse Shipwright

I actually found and purchased this game because I saw TB play it. Like most game reviewers he actually sucks at games--*cough*ZeroPunctuation*cough*--so I take his opinion with a few grains of salt substitute.

(I'm watching my sodium intake.)

SpruceMaroose and Kagesha like this.
  11. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

TB ruined everything for me; my social life, my low expectation of commentators, not to mention the fact that he is one of few decent youtubers out there.... apart from the yogscast, they're awesome, if somewhat british

12. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

"apart from the yogscast, they're awesome, if somewhat british"

"they're awesome, if somewhat british"

"if somewhat british"

And what's that supposed to mean huh? >:

I haven't watched yogscast but i'm going to go ahead and say they are overrated anyway, simply because everyone raves about them so much. People are never THAT good.

13. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

Nothing much, I mean, I'm british too, its just that they seem to like revelling in their.... britishness, sorta. Some of their vids are even bordering on racist (at least, that's what i've noticed) And of course they're overrated, they make vids mainly about Minecraft, which is one of the most popular games around these days. The Minecraft fanboys then tell their friends about them, the friends tell their friends about them etc.

IloveElectro, Contrary and Neat like this.
  14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I actually found this game because of a UK youtuber by the name of MegaGWolf.
    He does alot of free online game videos(G's Freebies), and he did one for kag.
    He's actually quite popular in certain groups on the internet(Sonic hacking).
    Apologies for offtopic-ness.
    EDIT: quote fail.

15. Arrunas

Arrunas Shopkeep Stealer

oi :P im british and love living in the land of seasonal mists and mellow fruitfulness :P

I actually really dislike the yogscast though, internet commentators usually go through various stages and yogscast never really seemed to go above the, "wow im actually making money here, i dont have to be completely nice any more!" stage.

Basically i think they're a bit too up themselves to be entertaining but i do appreciate what they do, ive watched a few of their mod coverage videos because they do always spend some time on mods and i can appreciate that as not a hugely common thing amongst youtube commentators. Personally i like paperbatvg but I havent seen any sign of him covering kag sadly.

never watched totalbiscuit in my life so might watch some of these kag videos later and see if there's anything entertaining. I can honestly say though that he had nothing to do with my purchase of kag. that was because its awesome and includes (will include) zombies and building.

i think i'll buy any game that tells me i'll be able to build a fort and then defend it from zombies one day :P I really love the main gameplay as well though so a good buy all round :D

16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I dunno about them been up themselves, most of their videos revolve around them playing games badly and laughing at themselves, they're the only youtube videos I watch with the whole gaming commentary theme based on that simple fact Not that I'm one of the many moronic fanboys they have (I really dunno where they all came from based on the videos they do however...). They do have a few stupid cathphrase kinda things they milk a bit unfortunately, I'd like to say I wouldn't do the same but if you can make some sort of living gaming I really can't say I wouldn't suck up to stuff like that a bit. It's the total opposite of some whiney little kid banging on about how 1337 they are anyway so it's pretty refreshing in that sense...

Rayne likes this.
  17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

totalbiscuit is well spoken and usually worthwhile to watch

Librettist, AJ and Wonkyth like this.
  18. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I don't really enjoy any let's plays. Usually the commentator has an exceedingly annoying voice, or is not well spoken and cannot concentrate on both speech and gameplay at the same time. I find it frustrating how stupidly people play games; they're slow, they generally can't solve puzzles, etc. Not to mention I find let's plays and commentaries to be boring, for the reasons just mentioned, and also for the fact that I'd rather be playing the game than watching it.

Albeit, it is helpful to have footage of games, so that I can check out how a game plays, but commentary on that aspect is unnecessary, and like I said I don't get to see much of the game very quickly because of how slowly let's players move through them. There is of course trailers and just straight-up gameplay footage available, too.

19. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I dont enjoy the Yogscast they are full of themselves and if their bad at a game they blame the game then say its bad and then their subs dont buy it.(Even it its actually a good game.)And "borderline racist" watch this one.P.S. this was the last straw before i stoped watching them.Sorry if anyone is offended.

20. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

afaik totalbiscuit just previews stuff or shows it off like a gameplay trailer, he doesn't do reviews or playthroughs