1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Oceania Open 2016; Scrubs v. VIRGIN

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by Cruxiat, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Great match played just recently for the ongoing AUS tournament. Filmed by @-Tj- , Commentated by @Cruxiat & @toffie0

Part 1:

Part 2:

Team VIRGIN: @LazikLion @Solaris @Monkey_Feats @Ruleral

Team Scrubs: @xXDustXx @TheFlare @SuperSoldier98 @Taricus

Overall, This was a really impressive match conducted by both teams, just wanted to say how well everyone played. Also, give feedback on things you liked / didn't like. The commentary? Filming? editing? go ahead and reply below with anything you feel should be added / altered in the video. Thanks!

If you'd like to know more, or get involved with the tournament, just check the forum page here: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/kag-oceania-open-2016-registration-closed.26110/

Or join the discord where we hang out: https://discord.gg/NsyTNxu

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. jebus6

jebus6 Shipwright

That comentating voice though... Milky but sharp at the same time.
    :wink::thumbs_up:

3. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Yeah love the commentary ::D:

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

looooll, not at all how I imagined my voice to sound like. Sounds like a guys, and you can definetly hear an accent there. Probably an Aussie one. But my voice is definetly deeper then I imagined

Thanks @-Tj- for recording <3

Edit: decided I hate my own voice

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    -Tj- and epsilon like this.
  5. xXDustXx

xXDustXx Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wheres my fullscreen at
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2017 ---
    I was so tilt from stooges bombs

6. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@toffie0 all you need is a decent mic and you're fine lmao

7. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fullscreen works on YT just not on the forums afaict.

@toffie0 you'd be surprised how much your mic changes your voice, haha.

Interesting rounds, had em on and off this morning. Needs more voip-driven team pushes to close out the match imo :) I was pretty amazed how few bomb arrows were out too? lots of cases where a tower was 1 or 2 blocks from falling.

Round 2 was best overall imo, that asspull cap. Round 3 was hard to watch haha. Ouch.

epsilon, Stevedog and toffie0 like this.
  9. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@Geti Voip driven? If I'm not an idiot doesn't that mean voice over internet protocol? and yeah, fullscreen is only available on yt. thanks for the feedback my dude!

10. toffie0

On ipad it seems to be working fine with fullscreen.

Gonna try a different mic next time... Think the ipad, although I love it, the mic hates me.

11. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

also thanks @Eluded @jebus6 was so sure I was going to end up sounding 6 years old through the mic hahahaha

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah just saying that particularly early on, there wasn't much proper coordination which I assume comes down to not talking enough in whatever comms package they were using. As you or someone else commentating said; felt like they were playing a pub game here and there. Not a lot of regrouping, pushing with (and defending) the builder, and quite a lot of "emote-ladder-please-here-omg", haha.

The later two rounds didn't suffer this so much; though flare's wood wanger at the start of round 2 wasn't exactly the most planned-looking structure :D felt a bit like "oh, there's how many seconds left?!"

Just plug in a decent headphone/mic combo, most of them are apple-compatible these days.

Congrats to both teams btw; nice to see a bit more serious KAG happening. I doubt it'll ever be a big thing, but it's nice for the pro players to have somewhere to flex their muscles.

13. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@toffie0 I TOLD YOU IT LOOKED LIKE A WOODEN PENIS

14. toffie0

I still don't get how, however I really don't need a description.

Well played to both teams, especially considering EVERYONE made it. Which is something in this tourney we haven't seen a lot of.

15. Geti

I've got a feeling it's (as mentioned in the vid) the partly internal child coming out, but for me it's just the structure being a big diagonal protrusion (and of course my mind being poisoned by cruxiat's commentary. definitely that)

epsilon, Cruxiat and Stevedog like this.
  16. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I was commentating a tiny bit too :QQ:

17. xXDustXx

xXDustXx Ballista Bolt Thrower

Eps your input was not needed

Cruxiat likes this.
  18. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Nice vids and commentary. It's nice watching organized teams play each other.:heart: