1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Major League Kag is back again with season 3!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by mcrifel, Jan 14, 2017.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

6m4qp7W.png

The event has started, go do clan wars!

TOXIC - 10
    MIST - 6.5
    SURGE - 4.5
    MAJOR - 2

AG - 2
    OMEGA - 1

Top 4 will move on to the brackets when the freeplay ends

Welcome everybody and I am happy to present to you MLK Season 3, This time around it is my turn to host it and I am doing this alongside with @Stevedog . Let's hope this season will be as good as the ones by @SpideY and @Snake19

For those new to MLK, what is MLK?

MLK stands for Major League Kag and is an obvious pun on the MLG tournaments. It’s a KAG competitive tournament where all KAG clans in the clan section are automatically entered.

:migrant: YES all clans are entered! :migrant:

How does MLK work?

The tournament consists of 2 periods, a free play period and a playoff bracket. The free play period lasts for 3 months. After that the top 4 teams advance into the playoff bracket.

During the free play period, you and your clan can choose to do clan wars for MLK, If you do you must be using the MLK Season 3 rules. these rules can still be changed later if people feel there to be a need for it.

Once a match has been done you will have to report the match here and get someone of both clans to confirm it, be sure to follow this template.

Every week I will post here the current scoreboard and what has happened the past week.

Maps

The maps are very similar to the ones of MLK season 2 but might get changed more if there is a need for it.
    Find them here
    V5bsroi.png

Official servers

Even though you are free to use your own server if they are configured with the MLK rules (120 second build phase, 30 minute timer, noautobalance, mlk s3 mapcycle) we do have 3 Official MLK servers that everyone can make use off to do their clan wars. These are supplied by @makmoud98 , @Darksteel and myself.
    Major League Kag Season 3 [Europe] - @mcrifel
    Major League Kag Season 3 [North America] - @makmoud98
    Major League Kag Season 3 [Australia] - @Darksteel

The password for the 3 servers is horus

I still have questions

If you still have any questions about this tournament then feel free to reply to this thread, important questions I will place here.

Special thanks :heart:

- @Stevedog for hosting this with me.
    - @SpideY for starting MLK and @Snake19 for giving me the reigns.
    - @makmoud98 and @Darksteel for hosting MLK servers.

And thank everybody else who contributed to the tournament no matter how small or big, thank you!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Achillios, Fuzzle, Noburu and 18 others like this.
  2. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Happy to host it, remember kids; Uncle Dark's Homestyle Clan-War emporium is open all hours!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  3. cincoscuencas

cincoscuencas Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

What's going to be the prizes?

4. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

a box full with cookies

5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

@mcrifel if you're gonna be in charge of hosting such a big event you better be willing to put in the cash to get some decent prizes. 78787878

6. mcrifel

1. MIST

Me and snake19 decided that there simply be no prices, It is basically impossible to reward a whole clan with some clans having 20 members. So we kept it like the first MLK in which there simply are no prizes. I mean I am dutch after all, so I am cheap haha ::):

If you got suggestions for prices do say them. I might be able to make something happen then.

And to another point, MLK Season 3 has officially started meaning you got 3 months to do clan wars and climb to the top. If you are going to plan matches then post them here

If there are any questions then do ask them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  7. cincoscuencas

cincoscuencas Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Hey @mcrifel, that is totally fair, as long as the MLK turns to be successful, is already in itself a reward.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 20, 2017 ---
    @mcrifel, I might be able to contribute towards the prizes, although I am not committing yet, but we can discuss this privately if need be.

Biurza and mcrifel like this.
  8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Add a couple of maps with no gold resources at all and see how it plays out. Goldless matches for hardcore gameplay.

9. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

MLK 4 better ban water.

toothgrinderx and Biurza like this.
  10. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

And while we're removing gold and water, let's also remove knights.

Colargolator and mcrifel like this.
  11. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

I knew this mlk thing was gonna be cancer but i didn't imagine it would go that far into retardness. Kill yourself 8x

Tunnels are actually one of the only things that help kag turn to something else than a stalemate plaza and you guys kept constantly tried to prevent using them. First they were team only and needed no gold, then they needed gold and were both way, now they are impossible to actually defend cause they stun you and now you guys even want to suppress them completely. Where is fuckin FUN in your stupid game? Is it that ded that fun has gone completely?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Darknighte9 and mcrifel like this.
  12. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

lol, 8x simply suggested "a few" maps without gold. You can just skip them if you don't want to play them. Also it would suggest the map would be structured with the lack of gold in mind. He just wants to see how they would play. No where did he sugggest just getting rid of tunnels or seige completely. Kill yourself Col

Osmal and Cruxiat like this.
  13. Colargolator

Colargolator Horde Gibber
    1. KAG Competitive League

Knup can't make your own jokes gotta steal from the legit boys

14. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

While I do like the idea of having a few maps without relying on gold, the reality is that tunnels (and to a lesser extent siege engines) are one of the mechanics in the game that have the potential to really sway games, and can turn the tide of matches easily. Because of that I really can't see a goldless bunch of matches really being that interesting tbh, it'll just boil down to a match of attrition, but that's not what 8x was talking about at all so it doesn't really matter lol.

I don't know what a match structured to be played without gold would look like, but my initial thoughts would be something small with a lot of chokepoints to encourage flanking and fast pushes to flags. Bottom line though, I think it's healthier for the game if we keep the current gold 'meta'

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Blue_Tiger likes this.
  15. mcrifel

1. MIST

Weekly recap - Week 1

Although this first week was only 3 days there happened quite a lot of interesting things.

4 matches have been played, 3 of which were won by toxic giving them a great start! Whilst we are talking about scores here is the current scoreboard:

week1.png

All of the clans who participated in clan wars so far have been added, the scoreboard will expand once more clans have finished their clan wars. Points are displayed on the left.

TOXIC vs UNITY

Toxic and Unity kicked off this season with their clan war and giving Toxic their first victory.

Recorded by @-Tj-

TOXIC vs UhOh

Toxic and UhOh were second to have their clan war, Toxic came out the victor.

Recorded by @-Tj-

TOXIC vs G00ks

And so Toxic gains another victory, that doesn't mean G00ks didn't put up a fight!

*If anyone recorded please pm me and i'll add it here*

MIST vs ETID

This match was extremely close, MIST had a rough start but soon came back on track and gained themselves a victory!

Round 1:

Round 2:

Recorded by @boagboy

That was it for this weekly recap, a small week but very exciting!

If anyone is having trouble loading this page I'll put the image and videos in spoilers.

16. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That last match honestly looked awful to play in.

17. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Was fun for me:water_arrow::water_arrow::water_arrow:25252525

18. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

yo TOXIC is still looking for people to play against, Hit me up on steam / forums and we can get ourselves a time. Thanks!

-Tj-, epsilon and Biurza like this.
  19. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Glad to see the MLK back, i wish you the best for this tournament @mcrifel :smug::thumbs_up::heart:
    hum, just a question where is the USA west coast server ? :o

20. mcrifel

1. MIST

we weren't able to acquire one, maybe we can get one later on. And thanks snake :heart:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 31, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 24, 2017 ---

Weekly recap - Week 2

this last week was filled with some incredible matches, in total there have been 9 matches played which is rather impressive for only 2 weeks at this rate we would reach 121 matches at the end of the tourney but this is the busiest part of any MLK so these insane amount of clan wars will die down during the middle of the tournament. But still impressive compared to the 48 matches of MLK s1.

week2.png

So what about the clan wars that were done this week? Well let me tell you all about them!

MaJoR vs AUSS

MaJoR and AUSS kick this week off with their heated clan battle, MaJoR being the victor.

Recorded by @-Tj- and commentated by @Cruxiat

TOXIC vs NOVA

Nova casuals surprisingly doing a clan war and vs TOXIC but ends up getting slaughtered by the TOXIC team.

Recorded by @-Tj-

TOXIC vs Cluck
    Toxic and Cluck Duel it out but Toxic manages to come out the winner!

Recorded by @-Tj-

MIST vs Surge

Our first tie of the season! This was one of the closest matches I have ever seen!

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 2.5: (server ended up crashing or getting ddosed by surge hackers :^) )

Round 3 still needs to be uploaded

Recorded by @boagboy and commentated by him and @SirDangalang

TOXIC vs MIST

TOXIC beat the yawning MISTs in a wet match.

Recorded by @-Tj-

That was it for the clan wars this week, also some drama has risen up about the current rules, a discussion about the use of water and 3rd matches for cross continental clan wars. Voice your opinions here.

Let me know if I made any (english) mistakes and have a good day!