1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to get the best performance in KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qmart, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Qmart

Qmart Bison Rider

What is the best settings in game to have the best performance in game? I run 1280x1024 with faster graphics (I think)

Cheers

Nicuwins and Biurza like this.
  2. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I stay the fuck away from full screen.

3. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

Do you play on Mac?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2017 ---
    Why do you want to know this? When I play on my grandmas PC it doesn't matter what settings I use, it's sometimes buggy on ctf servers. When I play on my PC I play full screen without any problems.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Borderless Gaming software, it should be free at their website (4 bucks at steam). Play windowed with desktop resolution and use the software to remove the window borders.

Qmart likes this.
  5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Reason why people don't play on full screen is because it means they can't alt tab as fast to other programs, and kag has issues with alt tabbing when full screen.
    In full screen, computer just render the game/app
    In windowed+no border it means it renders your desktop+program
    You should not get any issues performance wise with full screen, Unless your computer can't handle full screen with native resolution

Anyway

More performance, Low resolution, make sure shader is off, and place v-sync off, since this caps the FPS this to your monitor refresh rate, which is commonly 60-120 nowdays, so turning it off allows it to go higher than that. The only downside is your GPU and CPU can heat up since its making more frames a sec, depending if you have integrated GPU or a separate GPU.
    Another good thing to do is to have resolution low and no full screen, idk, just taking guesses

Qmart likes this.
  6. Qmart

Qmart Bison Rider

Cheers guys, Nah my FPS just seems to drop a lot recently in game and I thought I might just ask to see if the setting I have are good. I find when I play windowed and on a lower resolution I find my self clicking off the screen a lot. I will try this border less game thing tho sounds good.

CHeers

7. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

* If you're playing on a Windows OS, you should end task to any unnecessary processess that are currently active on your pc through the task manager.
    * Having too many wi-fi enabled devices active at one time can increase ping so try to turn off any devices that is not currently being used if possible.
    * Port Forwarding 50301 and 50328 can help for hosting dedicated servers.
    * Uncheck smooth shader in the games video options under settings.
    * Check faster graphics in the games video options under settings if you have a really bad computer (may or may not help tho).
    * Wired internet connection over wi-fi connection if possible. (highly recommend wired connection)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Qmart likes this.
  8. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

If you're playing with a laptop , plug the charger and put the power settings full performance , this is the best thing that raises fps

Qmart and epsilon like this.
  9. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

When I used to have a laptop I had low fps but then realised my power settings were on power saver. High performance power mode makes a huge difference!

Another way which may help improve fps on Windows is to search 'advanced system settings', click on 'Settings...' under the Performance tab and disable most of those except the ones you really like. I'm not actually sure if this makes any difference but it's always worth a shot.
    upload_2017-1-26_0-44-16.png

FoxyLady likes this.
  10. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Yes i definitely recommend High performance power mode if you're gaming.

11. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Alt tabbers are all cheaters.
    Brilly play full screen all the time.

I liquid cool cpu with enemy blood for faster frame rate.

I have learned that enemies are usually sluts for my sword, and give blood willingly.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  12. Vamist

Liquid Cooling makes no difference to FPS,
    even with blood of your enemies
    It makes no diffrence

13. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Vamist you're the greatest person in existence,
    cheers

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    8x likes this.
  14. Vamist

no

15. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Every single animation you see on the screen, light effects and particles, and every single frame you see on a graphics environment, especially 3D, requires your CPU to process hundreds or even thousands of draw calls

These draw calls get sent to the GPU to render a frame, and then that is sent to your monitor.

What does this mean? it means your CPU is the bottleneck for fps more often than not, especially if you got top tier equipment.

Hence many gamin rigs overclock their CPUs for such delightful debauchery.

And what do overclocked CPUs need? The ice cold blood of your enemies after you have thoroughly disgraced them in the field of battle.

Jabbing them in the stomach is not enough, you must fill every one of their orifices with jagged icicles, then smash the body into a fine paste.

If you beg for forgiveness I might let you suckle my sword.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  16. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Wow thanks Brilly, this has helped me out big time,
    I just bought a liquid cooler for my computer and found that I no longer even need a gpu, cpu or motherboard
    I just shoved it in my case and blammo fuckin;
    8k resolution ultra on gta v om my 720p resolution screen,
    thank you.

17. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I guess sucking your sword give you an alternative for your cooling anyway.

18. Vamist

Yeah no

That has nothing to do with 'Liquid cooling your CPU gives you more FPS'

Overclocking does yes, Having a fan, which is not your stock fan will do the same thing
    Having a cooler CPU makes no difference at all
    Having a hotter CPU makes no difference at all (Not one that you will notice)

Unless you don't have a dedicated GPU, and instead have a Integrated GPU with your CPU (Intel graphics whatever) You will not likely see a difference

Like so, Phsyics in KAG Run of your CPU so I was told, not the GPU, so Yes having a overclocked CPU is better, but will make pretty much no noticeable difference, Unless you have a duo core cpu without hyperthreading, you should not see any difference.

Newer games don't need that much CPU power, overclocking a CPU makes almost no difference anymore, It's all about overclocking your GPU now, Since that's what almost all games use.
    GPU handles the shadows, Graphics, 3D rendering and much more depending on what make of GPU you have.

CPU are mostly good for Physics game like skyline city, and most single player games. Most of Kags Physics is done on the server, not your computer anyway.

Like so

It makes no difference at all,

Have you tried to bench mark it before? It gives you more then 10 more marks, almost no difference, and in game, you will not see a fucking difference.

The CPU does not render 3D, shaders or anything like that, it's all goes to the northbridge which sends it to the GPU to handle, reason for this? GPU is a lot faster at doing this, and it allows the CPU to work on a lot of other things instead. Unless you yet once again, have a intergrated GPU with your CPU, (Or no GPU at all) Then your CPU Does not render anything at all.

asger75 likes this.
  19. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

"Liquid Cooling makes no difference to FPS"

There's your original claim.

"Overclocking does yes, Having a fan, which is not your stock fan will do the same thing"

This is the part that makes you look like a desperate fool.

*Your desperation only excites Brilly. You find his eyes surveying your entire post and body, watching each patch of skin starting to sweat.

*Brilly can taste your fear and licks his lips in anticipation.

"B-B-But Mr. Brilly my cheap plastic fan can also cool my overclocked cpu poorly compared to the supreme might of liquid cooling."

That's what we call moving the goal posts kid. That was not your original claim, and that's Dr. Brilly to you.

*Brilly's penis is now fully erect.

The rest of your post seems to be filled with nonsensical gibberish and a youtube video you found by searching "CPU cooling."

Let's ignore the fact that temperature affects the life span of your system since you clearly aren't on that level.

But, because it amuses me, and because I'm an honorable man, I will now provide you with 16 pages worth of benchmarks for liquid coolin.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/ek-predator-360-aio-cpu-gpu-liquid-cooling-review,14.html

Careful, what Brilly's penis does next is entirely up to you.

Asu and Blue_Tiger like this.
  20. Vamist

My original claim is still true, Liquid cooling makes no difference
    Your claim was 'Liquid cooling gives you more fps'
    No, no it does not

That's like me saying 'Fan cooling gives you more fps'
    No
    Cooling has almost no difference at all

That 16 pages worth on benchmarks is just one page,
    The rest is 'Installtion' and 'More pictures of the heat!!!'
    And the pictures are broken...I can't open them up to zoom in :l
    The benchmarks was them increasing the voltage, to see the difference in temp with each change, but the same will happen if you use a fan with a heatsink, as long as you don't overheat it, since yes, they will not reach as low of temps as a liquid cooler would, but you could still get a similar

Yes I know that Overclocking+more heat can have an affect on your CPU lifespan, and no I was not ignoring it, I did not see the reason why I had to say it? I was just proving that 'Liquid cooling does give you more fps'
    Like so, for the last time
    Liquid cooling does not give you more FPS
    Overclocking your system gives you more FPS
    Having a liquid cooler does allow you to get lower temps which theoretically means you can add more volts, to reach better overclocking, but that still depends on the CPU and what the 'max' Frequency it can reach

P.S. Your colour layout should be all black, not some weird rainbow colour >.>

asger75 likes this.