1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MLK s3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by mcrifel, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Notice no one here from MIST is complaining about water.

The third round shit was started by AUS players.

1. Rant on forums
    2. Game changes
    3. Game is now more fun
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Uhmm... Yes there was.

I agree it can be worked around. But remember that MLK is about fun, not necessarily competition. If MLK isn't fun for your average player, then why would they play it? Who would want to play a clan war when they are going to get stunlocked constantly?

If KAG was a popular game with thousands of people playing in MLK, then I'm sure telling them to work around it would be fine. But it's not, it's like 10 clans and many of them are already getting pissed off due to water.

2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

[​IMG] <--- Me when reading that ETID didn't complain about our water use.

Seriously do some research or just don't lie to make your bad point seem good. You guys can say you don't want a clan vs clan thing but with those kind of comments no wonder it happens. You think I am going to sit here and let people lie about me? You can bet your ass of that's a no.

It was only brought up on forums because epsilon revived this discussion spot, we have been talking about water the entire tournament. This has nothing to do with a clan from one continent beating another.

Water is easy to use, that's a fact, no trying to bullshit explain yourself around it. heh thats why @Blue_Tiger was spamming it after all :^)

Now guys please stop reusing the same bad arguments but in different words please, and keep the posts a bit shorter cause this winning by making long ass posts which no one can be bothered to read is quite cheap. That wasn't a very serious argument I just really wanted to say it :)

EDIT: now there is malt

3. Water is an obnoxious feature, doing something about it would be cool, but it's probably better left alone, there are ways to work around it in game, let's all just focus on our strategy and having fun instead of WW3

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I never lied about ETID not complaining about the water spam, ofcourse they would have but at least there wasn't as much shitposting as there has been recently.
    @Blue_Tiger Maybe you should do some research then you'd realize that AUS didn't start the shit about the third round, simply had a 'Improvement' i guess you could call it but some dick outside of AUS took it too seriously and then all the shitposting and banter happened.

5. Blue_Tiger

So AUS did start the shit about 3rd round is what you're saying?

Please grow a brain.

6. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Agreed! You can't just change a mechanic of KAG which has been tested and tweaked over several years.
    [​IMG]
    I really didn't want my post to turn this thread into an argument.

The word water has been mentioned 65 times and the words third/3rd have been mentioned 28 times since my post! wow...

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Your the one who needs to grow a brain you dipshit because if you actually read it properly

Last I checked, a friendly post about how to improve upon this rule isn't starting shit, unless it's an actual flame which it wasn't. Please learn to read mate, cheers.

8. Blue_Tiger

And neither is a friendly reply with opposing viewpoints.

9. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

My idee about waterarrows:
    waterarrows are the only thing that keep archers being active in cw as a mainrole.. remove or reduce it and you only see a knight or a builder occasionaly switching archer to spam 5 bombarrrows then switching back again.

10. A_Jax

A_Jax Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

I think that archers can still have a mainrole in cw even without water; actually they are not anymore a mainrole; they are just needed to play because spamming water is probably the only way to counter the water spam...
    I don't consider sponges like a real counter to it, even if it reduce the stun time, if the archer got 8 water arrows the result will be the same + you have to buy a new one every time you die.
    If i remember well, in MLK 1 almost all clans had archers but the amount of water was significantly smaller; so archers had a mainrole in the match even without spamming water arrows like a retard on the enemies ( like a retard because when you buy 20 coins of this you got 2 so you don't really care of the waste ) .

+ Blue_Tiger and -TJ- i think that no one cares about who started this debate ...

11. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Archers basically have no substantial role without water. Usually it's better for the archer just to swap out as a knight and support their builder. If some specific task that only an archer can do occurs, the knight goes archer for a sec and switches back.

12. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Fire arrows to burn structures, regular arrows to clean up enemies, bomb arrows to destroy structures? I don't see a need to have 8 water arrows in your inventory at opening push. Use 4 water arrows while the knights are running towards mid, go take a shower, grocery shopping, come back, shoot the other 4 and you win on opening push. Isn't how the game should work and isn't fun for the knights.

13. mcrifel

1. MIST

How about a shortened stun period or smaller radius.

14. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

i agree with Neil : they get a subrole when there is no water or when a nerf hits waterarrows

15. mcrifel

1. MIST

If the radius gets smaller then its requires more skill to hit good shots, which means there is no more mindless water spamming but if you are a good archer then you can still use the water to your advantage. Also we can buff fire arrows, they deserve it.

16. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

yes true, but making the radius smaller when you have shit ping makes you hit dirt only. so against australia it wont work.. agains usa its still crap.
    People shouldnt stay in a single spot together.. play smarter so water doesnt have much effect.

17. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

water arrows should only stun on direct hit and only stun that one person.

18. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

19. Blue_Tiger

Yea, that's what I was saying before in amongst one of my text walls.

Agree, was just saying that what he was saying was total BS.

-1. Crowd control is one the main non-cancer uses of water.

Honestly, just increase the cost to like 30 or 40 coins. With teamwork, you can still supply the archer with water but it will be with less quantity.

20. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

why the hell should things be balanced around how they work when you have 266+ ping??
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 3, 2017 ---
    explain.. crowd control is the most cancer use of water imo. if i was fighting an enemy and an archer hit me dead on with a water arrow (would still stun if shielded) i would accept death.