1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make the sky visible

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Potatobird, Feb 13, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Nope, sorry. The last thing I want is to give sky-siege-spam "just a little more room" to play with.

2. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Well then maybe siege weapons could be disabled from opening so close to the roof? Just something so that new player/shmucks like me don't mess up with with expensive equipment x)

epsilon likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Maybe; the crate code is pretty ugly though and I'm not sure I want to make it "safer" to stick siege up top. I feel like it's a pretty cheesy strat and if you want to execute it safely stop walling all the way up, leave 5 tiles and play it safe!

4. Pirate-Rob

Well, by making it safer, you could add your own artificial barrier and force players to leave 5-7 blocks of space, so it'll nerf siege weapons too \o/

Geti and Blue_Tiger like this.
  5. Geti

Very cheeky ;) I'll stick it on the list but it's definitely not gonna make it this week I'm afraid.

Pirate-Rob likes this.
  6. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

I don't like this idea. Wouldn't be intuitive. The improvement vehicles needs is a bounding box within a set amount of blocks, and crates needs to check for the roof and handle it as if solid - would fix these situations:

nice.gif dank.gif

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Biurza, epsilon and jimmyzoudcba like this.
  7. Pirate-Rob

That's more or less what I was originally suggesting in my first post.

On a side not, how do you bring up collision boxes? I haven't seen that before :o

8. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

/g_debug

Pirate-Rob likes this.
Mods: Rainbows