1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Foxhole

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Boxpipe, Feb 19, 2017.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

[​IMG]
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/

Foxhole is a massively multiplayer game where you will work with hundreds of players to shape the outcome of a persistent online war. This is the ultimate game of collaborative strategy and tactics. Every action you take can have a powerful effect across a world in a state of war.
    I gave it a shot and thoroughly enjoyed the game. From the screenshots it's an easy comparison to make that it looks like Running With Rifles in a World War 2 setting and without the AI.

A currently free strategic/top down shooter game in pre-alpha. Servers host persistent large maps with 120 slots. Networking is A+ and uses dedicated servers and I've had personally no issues with lag and have had no performance issues.

Players are assigned to two teams and fight over towns and their 'townhall', initially players can only spawn in the wilderness until they make it to said townhalls or a player built barracks and set their spawn point there. As long as players continue to fill these spawn points with supplies players can continue to spawn there. There is an ingame chat and proximity voice chat making communication easy.

Features a very heavy focus on logistics and base building. Guns/ammo/structures/vehicles are all built at specialized factories using resources collected on the map which are refined at specific towns. Production towns of the pinnacle materials for munitions are normally far away from the frontlines so some players will need to dedicate themselves to running supplies from the production towns to the front. Structures include, utility structures like barracks for spawning or radar towers for spotting enemies; defenses structures like foxholes, pillboxes or anti-tank emplacements and walls/gates/sandbags.

Combat is fast and tactical. Players have extremely low health, 2 bullets will most of the time kill you and 1 bullet has a high chance of making you bleed to death. Out in the open fights end quickly while trench warfare makes fights long and drawn out as teams struggle to breach through lines eventually resorting heavy bombardments from player operated mortars or howitzers. Has a medical system too, where a player equipped with a medkit can heal players and stop bleeding, and a trauma kit to revive downed players who took shallow fatal damage.

I 100% recommend this game if you enjoyed playing games like Squad, Project Reality or Arma. I also suggest you play on any server running the map "Endless Shore" because it's the smallest of them all and the least confusing.

If you're curious of which oldfags are playing it. Currently: Overlord, Coughdrop, Bammboo, PotatoMcWhiskey, BlueLuigi, Radpipe, Yagger, McChunks, Arcrave, Wolffkran and I. It's something that is pretty easy to sink time into and we seem to be getting pretty dedicated with it.​

enderzilla747, Hella, Yagger and 6 others like this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Definitely gonna try this ASAP. Looks like an extremely addicting game.

3. asger75

asger75 Haxor

4. Kbowl

Kbowl Catapult Fodder

Downloading now. Looks great.

5. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

Been playing for a while now. It's good if you don't mind the russians. I suggest not joining their team.

6. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

u wot

erik102003 and epsilon like this.
  7. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

There's been a mega amount of BRs on from what I've noticed and they're probably behind all the friendly roadkills with trucks

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Haven't bought a game in like 10 months, is this one active?

9. asger75

asger75 Haxor

F R E E : D

10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Good game, please to enjoy.

11. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Tried it on my shitty PC. Turned down the graphics settings to the absolute lowest and yet I only get 15-20 fps. :QQ:
    Now I just need to wait for the game to get optimised.

12. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[GERMAN ARTILLERY TEAM BLAST AMERICAN BASE FROM AFAR WITH HOWITZER - 1943 COLORIZED]
    [​IMG]

13. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Nostalgia struck me hard earlier tonight, for old KAG and for old kaggots.

This game is pretty much what I was looking for.

[​IMG]

14. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

WWII Running with Rifles you say? I was just playing RWR a couple minutes ago.... *bookmarks Steam page*

15. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

RWR is more arcadey i believe.

16. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Mods: BlueLuigi