1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[2118] Broken Steam achievements

Discussion in 'Archive' started by sjasogun, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjasogun

sjasogun Base Burner

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 2118
    Description: Currently four steam achievements seem to be unobtainable. These four are 'Om nom nom', 'Hussar', 'Peace?' and 'Thunk!'. In particular this bug seems to deal with certain thrown items not being properly tagged with their owner. To clarify: this bug actually affects gameplay, making boulder kills not count and making it impossible to tame bisons, and does not just involve these achievements. This is easily demonstrated when killing someone with a hand-thrown boulder that doesn't touch any other blocks before killing another player - the killfeed won't show the player who threw it and instead treats the killed player as if he died by an environmental hazard. Furthermore the counter for the achievement doesn't increase, even after repeating the experiment a dozen times under controlled conditions on a sandbox server.

As a side-note, bombs, mines, kegs, catapult shots and ballista shots do track their owner and have the death show up properly in the killfeed - as far as I can tell the issue is only with hearts, burgers and boulders.

Another easy achievement to verify not to work is Hussar, as all it requires is for a bison to be tamed and ridden. However, no matter how many hamburgers are thrown and no matter if the bison has been angered at all by any player yet it will still throw off its rider and attack them. This happens on both Sandbox and TTH.
    Steps to reproduce: There's no real step-by-step guide other than trying to get the achievements when you don't already have them on Steam. The requirements are, for as far as I've been made aware:
    • Om nom nom: Heal an ally with a burger. Stated in the achievement description.
    • Hussar: Ride a tamed bison. Taming a bison requires it to have one or two burgers thrown at it, which it will eat. Everything but the taming method is stated in the achievement description.
    • Thunk!: Kill an enemy with a boulder 5 times. Stated in the achievement description. For the record, neither catapult-launched boulders nor manually thrown ones seem to work.
    • Peace?: Heal an enemy with a heart. Not sure if this is actually it, but most players who have it that I've asked told me this. In any case, adding the conditions that the enemy has to be near-death (at 1/2 heart), that you need to not attack or damage an enemy during your entire life you heal the enemy in or trying to replace the heart with a burger all don't work either right now.
    Screenshots/Videos: None

Kazaco: Tested and debunked by Fuzzle

epsilon, Coroz and Fuzzle like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Noted. I think something has indeed gone wrong with this due to a (quite old) change to the throwing code. I'll see what I can do this week.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This "Should" be fixed next build - as you said the items in question (food, heart, boulder) weren't getting their damage owner set to their carrier -> the information the achievements relied on wasn't there.

Osmal, sjasogun and epsilon like this.
  4. Geti

Can I get a confirmation that noone's had trouble with these achievements the last few builds please?

5. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

All 4 worked for me today.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Geti likes this.
  6. Geti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.