1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Server hosting issues

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Shadowblitz16, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Ballista Bolt Thrower

can someone tell me why I cam having issues with my server?

I basically have the default autoconfig.cfg
    with
    sv_gamemode = ../Mods/SB16's_Mini_CTF
    sv_mapcycle =

and I added my mod to mods.cfg

then I started dedicatedserver.bat but I can't seem to connect and when I do the map is wrong.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We'll need quite a bit more info than this.

In particular, is the mod meant to be used that way? Or is the gamemode just meant to be CTF? the folder is rarely used directly and that seems like the most likely error.

Read all errors that pop up in the console and share them on to help - most likely it'll be complaining about not being able to find the gamemode.cfg or similar.

Basically "help us help you" - the more info we have, the more likely we can correctly identify your issue.

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

sv_gamemode = ../Mods/SB16's_Mini_CTF

That's not how it will normally work.
    Take a look inside the mod folder, find rules>gamemode.cfg

On the 2nd line you should have something like this
    # rules name:
    Whatever is after that place it on the sv_gamemode
    For example

Mine says this

# rules name: ZFM+

So i go to and place this

sv_gamemode = ZFM+

Shadowblitz16 likes this.
  4. Shadowblitz16

@Geti I am just trying to test a gamemode right now but the only errors I get is..
    [15:59:30] Files have the same name! (rename for safety) Rules/WAR/gamemode.cfg
    and a bunch too.

@Vamist thankyou this might fix the connection problem.
    I will check.

EDIT: @Geti I am getting these errors as well..
    [16:01:41] HTTPHandler: Warning: CURL reports an error (code 28): Timeout was re
    ached
    [16:01:41] THDAPICLIENT: a curl error occured with putStatus(): Timeout was reac
    hed
    [16:03:00] HTTPHandler: Warning: CURL reports an error (code 28): Timeout was re
    ached
    [16:03:00] THDAPICLIENT: a curl error occured with putStatus(): Timeout was reac
    hed
    [16:03:49] HTTPHandler: Warning: CURL reports an error (code 28): Timeout was re
    ached
    [16:03:49] THDAPICLIENT: a curl error occured with putStatus(): Timeout was reac
    hed

5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

The error telling you it renamed it to WAR for safety is because it did not recognize (or could find) that game mode rules, to it went to TTH
    To fix this do what i said

2. Last time i got the errors is when my server could not connect to Kags master list (or it could not connect to me), check that you have done port forwarding correctly and enabled it on your firewall.

6. Shadowblitz16

@Vamist I got it working your answer really helped thankyou!