1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG-themed Role Playing Game [Complete]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Noc, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hella: "I know little of this castle; if Lord Trae approves, then so be it. It is not my place to usurp the general here, but ensure wherever you work is well ventilated; I care not for losing my sight as I walk."

2. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

Trae: "Laddie?!? I am 20!" I am faintly shocked, he must truly be barbaric to say that to a lord.
    "If you and the master endgame have nothing more to say, you may of course retreat to his impromptu hiding place"
    The design, the builder so callously talked about troubles me.
    "Hella, i will depend on you to train our troops, since you seem sure how to do it. Thank you, gentlemen"

3. SirEndgame

SirEndgame Shopkeep Stealer

SirEndgame: "What of me, lord? Shall I begin brewing of the chemicals and the construction of the sige machine?"

"I have just recently recalled an alcove off the grotto - concealed, large, and perfect for brewing. No need for me to use the galley now, Trae, if you approve my plans."

4. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

(i mentioned you, go ahead and get brewing;D)

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

(Sorry to umm hop in but I was just wondering if it's not too late to join, it probably is but I'll ask anyways ^^" I completely missed this thread before.)

6. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

Valkyrie, you can join whenever you want :) Just invent a character, and post an 'application' of sorts, telling us your backstory and such. Check the first page, there is a short guide telling you how to apply. When you've done that, we'll intergrate you into the story somehow (pick red, we're short on reds!) Try to make the character different from the others (aka, dont make a axeman or a mad scientist)

Can you believe it? This idiotic forum guard called kyzak gave me an infraction for a double post which i apologized for! He also gave me an infraction on a different thread about being off topic when i made a joke..... this guy has got to get a life

This would normally mean a triple post, which would apparently grab me an infraction so ill add it here. I might not be able to reply to this thread all the time, as I have been allowed by Toady One to make an extension of Dwarf Fortress, namely in 3D. The very basic stuff is done, but I will probably be working on this most of the time I'm not at school and sleeping. I will try to log in when I can however. Thanks guys! :)

7. Hella

Dylan, I wouldn't get stressed about infractions. Just watch your posting, and ensure you keep in some relevant content; Kyzak is simply enforcing the rules that apply to everyone. A mighty artist can protect his dignity on forums as easily as slaying a satanic axeman and his pussy cat, i.e., very easy for a manly man such as me. (Did I mention I'm manly!?)

Hella: A faint smile flickered across my lips.

"Very well, my Lord, but be sure that you will be needed on the front line during the battle. Men fight better alongside their superiors; do not allow the masterfully crafted body that undoubtably lies beneath your breastplate to soften. The men would also benefit if you overlooked their training."

I stride out of the room, and head to the officers quarters.

8. Hella

Dylan. She was a prostitute at the time. And from what I hear, yes you are. ;)

Valkyrie likes this.
  9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

NAME: Valkyrie
    LOYALTY(BLUE/RED): Red
    CHARACTER TRAITS: Valkyrie is personal Aide to the leader of the Reds: Noc. Her eyes keen and sharp much like her aim; she has devoted her life to protecting her leader by choice and not by force. She is one of the handful of reds immune to Noc's power, but her bow will always lie upon the red side for her knowledge of the artefact is great and she knows the power it can produce can change a man's (or woman's) mind in an instant.

10. Hella

Heh. Heh. Heh. Looks like potential traitor material.. ;)

Valkyrie likes this.
  11. dylanduran

That's it! I will gorge your eyes out, draining your blood into the sea of damnation as a tribute to the Undersea God of Chaos, Cthulu!

12. dylanduran

Finally another red! Welcome to the club of EBIIIIL Valkyrie! Actually, for all I know WE could be the good guys and King Arthur is a tyrannical dictator :eek:

13. dylanduran

Tell ya what, don't tell anyone this, but when I've put together a decent game out of Dwarf Fortress 3D, how would you guys like to alpha test it?

14. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

The king is just! Long live the King!
    Trae: I sigh, and return to the meeting with my generals, the more... colourful men of the army handled. It goes without much of interest, being mostly about keeping the army fed, and when Noc is going to attack.
    However, something of interest is mentioned. It is brought up by Frej, one of the less trustworthy generals. He is however known for his ability to gather information, and is therefore tolerated.
    He says, that something resembling a temple is found in the chasm. The scout that found it did not dare into, though, as something resembling what he called " the moans of the dead" were heard inside. Frej is positive that there must be a powerful artefact in there.
    I leave the meeting, troubled.

15. dylanduran

I like it! Perhaps an artifact to rival Noc's?

16. Hella

Dylan, careful with the posting! :eek:

Hella: Entering the officers mess, I am appalled by what I see; whereas the soldiers of the fort suffer the bland food of soft cheese and black bread, the officers have a positive banquet at their hands. I gaze across the room, before a young and arrogant officer shouts out:

"Old man! What right do you have to be here!? Be gone, before the guards drag you away!"

I say nothing, but stride towards the large table holding the food. The officer leaps up to contest my entrance, but I roughly push him back to his seat, and then, with a grunt, tip the laden table to the side, spilling it's contents.

"What officers dine on fine meat and drink whilst their charges eat nought but bread and cheese? Who is the officer in charge here!?"

I am slightly taken aback as Pindar raises his hand and walks slowly towards me, though I show nothing of it upon my face.

"I am sorry, sir. We know we have little time left to live, before the Reds arrive. We try to enjoy the time we have."
    "I am not a sir! As you can see, I am simply an old man, but this old man wanders why the young are so foolish in this time! Save the fine foods for celebrations when we are successful, as we tell stories of our honour around great fires. Pindar, who is in charge of the provisions here?"
    "I am sir- Hella. I try to please the men, to stay their desertions."
    "From now on, all here will dine as the lesser soldiers, save the food they buy of their own coin. Tomorrow morning, I want every officer to join me upon the front wall." I point at the officer who raised his voice as I entered. "You there! Gather 5 of your fellows, and clear this mess. The servants were not appointed to clear away your arrogance. I shall see you all at dawn!"

I stalked out of the Officer's Mess to continue towards the front wall.

17. dylanduran

Oh crap, did I just give the blues a good idea to beat us? Bollocks, forget what I said, there is DEFINITELY NO artifact to rival Noc's, NO way to beat the reds, and NO possible hope of victory for the blues! Seriously, scratch that idea

18. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

(I always post in third person just so you folks know)
    Valkyrie: Valkyrie notched an arrow, "Hmm, Perfect." She declared lying in wait within the tall grass near the blue base, her spy skills were always second to none and she'd heard everything, including this mysterious new artefact lying in a temple. "Noc will love to hear about this but..." Valkyrie thought a plot already forming in her mind.

19. dylanduran

(if you betray us a thousand curses shall spring from my sword, and strike you where you lay. Also I've stolen all your cookies and won't give them back UNLESS you tell Noc where the artifact is....)

20. Trae

Trae Shopkeep Stealer

(not like Noc is going to arrive in time to react, mwhahaha) (btw, i will go kinda game master, inventing the challenges and so forth, until Noc comes back, if that is ok?)
    Trae: As i leave for my quarters, an officer named Pindar intercepts me. He depicts the gruesome actions of Hella, and i nod my understanding. It is problematic, as most of the officers is either well-off or noble, making their dissatisfaction disatrous. However, the discipline Hella promotes might also be useful.
    Most of all in my thoughts, is however that Hella needs to be punished somehow, as him constantly breaking the chain of command is not what is needed for the battle to come.
    I need to address Hella. Pindar says he left for the front wall, and so do i.

Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.