1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Cow

[​IMG]

Edit: also, finally got Garg riding right

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Sasquash, Sytoplasma, zerd and 3 others like this.
  2. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Let's revive this thread!

I'm working on an improved knight AI at the minute. It's taking a while but I'm trying to create something which can't be beaten by any player! The knight is learning by playing against itself using a q-learning algorithm. Currently it fights like a blind man having a stroke but I hope for better.

Also I'm doing some more light hearted stuff like Chicken Wars (first team to hatch 200 chickens wins) and a rated 1v1 mod ::D:

I put all my mods on my public GitHub if anyone is interested in them https://github.com/Normangorman/KAGBasketball.

kaizokuroof, mcrifel, Ej and 7 others like this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: Improved AI - I feel like this could be the best thing to backport from TR to KAG - it'd do badly on particularly complicated terrain but better than the current AI, and would be a much less messy implementation. If you give up on your q-learning impl definitely give the TR sources a look.

Chicken wars sounds hilarious.

kaizokuroof and Sytoplasma like this.
  4. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

The problem with Chicken Wars is that having 300+ chickens in game at once causes a ton of lag.
    I've optimized things a bit by removing their brains and also changing things so 1 rules script loops over all of the chickens instead of 300 scripts, one for each chicken (not sure how much difference this makes). Do you think there's anything else that could be done to help?

Sytoplasma and PUNK123 like this.
  5. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

I've worked on some pixel art using kag's color palette (having a creativity block is cancer). Stalion.png Gabe.png BAYHEMOTH.png

6. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

You could always use a generator to help come up with fun themes to explore.

fangpier656 likes this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Depends how far you want to go with it.

Assuming you still need them as blobs (ie you dont want to reimplement everything as sprite layers or particles in a rules script or "manager" blob), basically cutting out all their scripts and doing things in a rules script is your best bet - you can actually do things iteratively there as well and only handle say ten chooks per frame.

This means the chickens would get less responsive as more were added, but at least every one would get an update each frame (and sprite animations would continue regardless, so it's not like they'd be frozen or anything) and they'd handle hits as normal. You'd probably need to rejig the timing code to handle the variable tickrate, assuming it doesn't already set times in the future to check for (long time since I looked at it).

You could also experiment with what's actually taxing the machine; most likely it's stuff like getting all blobs in a radius (wouldn't be surprised with the way egg laying works), and there's other ways to construct the needed information there which I can go into if you like.

kaizokuroof and Sytoplasma like this.
  8. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

"Create a portrait of an unapproachable beauty in a hopeful pose. Elements of the picture should include unusual weapons, huddling for warmth, or a collar."
    Welp.

Edit:
    "Create a portrait of a cat-girl with a kneeling pose. The picture should include a striptease, and feature yellow colors."
    Welp. (On second thought, you could find this kind of thing in probably 15% or more [on car insurance (I couldn't resist)] of anime.)

Edit 2:
    "Try to create a sense of lust with a changeling in a relaxed pose."
    Are we too far into the woods to return to the path?

Edit 3:
    "Prompt: butterfly kisses. It incorporates a giant and rushing lava. The pose is partially nude."
    I am simultaneously intrigued by and scared of this site.
    Edited because I realized my reactions were obnoxiously long.

I actually have to thank you for posting that link, as I now have two text files saved on my computer, one for Cool Bits Story Generator prompts and one for Random Art Prompt Generator prompts. It became kind of a temporary obsession.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  9. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Thought I'd try to teach Henry how to drive at high speeds, he currently kicks my ass every lap.
    Untitled.gif

10. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Shiprekt is slowly turning into GTA

11. Killy07

Killy07 Bison Rider

Making a Star Wars mod. Full thing. Be nice if we had a programmer or maybe have another spriter.

Sytoplasma likes this.
  12. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Are you saying you don't have a programmer and you are trying to make a mod :huh?:

13. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

adsf.gif
    Trying to get down some simple melee and ranged minion ai for a newish and better moba mod, still is kinda funky but it's fun to mess with

Magmus, zerd, BarsukEughen555 and 5 others like this.
  14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So many MMs there. I'd like to see one team using Geti head the other MM. Dev fight mod.
    Btw how does the attack there work? Isn it 1 single attack and no possible blocking? That could use higher jumps and more paths and elevations on the terran.

FunATuns likes this.
  15. Killy07

Killy07 Bison Rider

Nvm, we actually do not have a programmer. We are only currently in the spriting stage, one person knows how to edit codes but doesnt know how to make them.

16. FunATuns

The melee bots have a shield right click, which they use when they notice the enemy is charging (around 50% of the time). Also on the head thing I just picked a random number for all bots and it landed on MM's head. I honestly didn't know it was MM's head so oops.

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  17. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Nice Funa, glad you're continuing the moba mod :D
    Pity you removed the chickens :(

FunATuns and BarsukEughen555 like this.
  18. FunATuns

Yeah, the mod is kinda separate from the moba mod you and I worked on, however I love your towers so I kept those. My version of the mod is going to focus on more map based objectives like bosses, and maybe special events like bar fights in little taverns and stuff.
    The leveling system is going to be hard as balls to inplement because of kag's unchangable "initialhealth"

19. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I've found the best way to do it is to keep max health in your own variables and have your own heal scripts. Not too hard once you set it up.

FunATuns likes this.
  20. FunATuns

Yeah that is smart, I was thinking that but was busy working on other stuff. Going to do that now.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 17, 2017 ---
    Animation.gif

Oh the places modding takes you