1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make "The Royal Guard" a thing again.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by 8x, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So lately I've seen couple of guards around like Ruleral, one of these you don't see often. They were once known, and still remembered, not only for being general admins that can stop griefers, but fun guys to play with mostly. The best KAG moments and memories probably have some guards around like Beef, Hella, Paul_the_Peasant, Strathos etc.

My suggestion is to bring that scene back, with notable members or just players that can engage with the game and its community nicely enough to make everybody have a better game experience.

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Why does having 'The Royal Guard' status make the person better? I'm pretty sure it was just the people themselves that were fun to be around, not their role as a Royal Guard.
    I don't think it's necessary to bring back The Royal Guards. Admins do a sufficient job at moderating servers and most are fun to play with. Plus players don't need this role in order to engage with the community and make the game more enjoyable, as demonstrated by people like @Cruxiat and @mcrifel.

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

In addition to what @eps0003 already said, royal guards aren't liked by everyone (aside from the baddies, ofc). Private server hosts have complained in the past that they really don't approve of THD/guards having admin access on their servers by default (you can change seclevs to restrict/deny that), which is a very understandable position seeing how it's their servers, after all. The admin system that is in place right now works just fine, admin coverage is decent from what I've heard and giving people green names doesn't make them more or less fun than anyone else, really.

Blue_Tiger, PUNK123 and epsilon like this.
  4. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

on a side note I'd like to see the guard hat made public

PUNK123, Vamist and AgentHightower like this.
  5. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Afaik there's no more room available for new public heads. At least allow other special people to use that head if they want since Royal Guards are quite elusive nowadays and the head would go to waste.

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Most of the guard players were cool companions I guess by themselves, but being Guards made them probably more linked to the game and community, hence playing with them was different and funnier. Same happens sometimes with some admins, that become more friendly and try to make everybody have a better time.

7. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Guards will not return. Hat will stay exclusive to them as a tribute. Closing.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just chiming in to agree with Lucas here and add that eps and galen are on the money; this is what OKSA are meant to be and they don't need global powers to accomplish that. I'd encourage the admins to strive to fit the kind, collaborative role that 8x is suggesting :)

epsilon likes this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.