1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Game screen is ruined.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Tech_3267, Apr 17, 2017.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Tech_3267

Tech_3267 Catapult Fodder

So the problem is, I've recently had the issue where whenever I download the game I would only get the message that the "content file locked". I just fixed that and now I've finally installed KAG without a problem. When I open it the menu screen is split and jumbled as the top half of background is on the bottom and the bottom half of the screen is displayed on the top. upload_2017-4-17_10-26-15.png

When Joining a server, my FPS is only at 1 on a gaming computer. upload_2017-4-17_10-26-15.png upload_2017-4-17_10-26-15.png

2. Tech_3267

<3 this game just hoping it works after this :D

3. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Have you put the right resolution size and fullscreen in the games settings? If you did and it still persist, try this. Close the game and Go to the main kag folder and right click on the kag.exe. Click on properties and click on the compatibility tab. Now check on "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings then press apply then ok. Start the game again and it should probably fix it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Tech_3267 and makmoud98 like this.
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

If it is a laptop, try running the game with the nvidia chip instead of the intel IGP (plenty of tutorials for that) if it isn't already
    note that the titlescreen bug is a fairly different bug AFAIK and is likely unrelated

Tech_3267 likes this.
  5. Tech_3267

Sorry to say, none of those work :D, also considering how windows 10 removed all access to the NVIDIA control panel, I can't do much :(

6. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Tech_3267 likes this.
  7. Tech_3267

Im sorry, but nothing is working, and reinstalling the Nvidia control panel isnt even an option for me now, I dont know why. Its probably avast. Do you think getting a new anti virus would be a good option?

8. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I use AVG which works well if you choose to change your anti-virus program.

9. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

avast blocking graphics card?? wow thats new to me...
    windows 10 got windows defender its good enough for basic virus scanning. it looks like you dont have the gpu driver installed.

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

modern antiviruses are capable of predicting suspicious behavior from programs instead of blindly check for known virus signatures. software like the nvidia panel is likely messing a lot with the nvidia driver, which the antivirus may find to be suspicious. that being said, with virtually every antivirus you can add the nvidia control panel in the antivirus' whitelist. the largest issue with avast is that it doesn't even seem to warn the user it is blocking apps, which is extremely facepalm-worthy...
    the easiest way to make sure your issue(s) (both for the nvidia control panel and KAG) aren't related to your antivirus is simply to temporarily disable it (which should be just a few clicks away).

you may also want to try reinstalling the nvidia drivers, because that's really not obviously an antivirus issue.

Vamist likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hrm I think I've seen the background image get stretched funny like this when the window gets forcibly resized somehow, as well as when the GPU driver resizes textures erroneously?

Definitely try temporarily disabling your AV or whitelisting KAG.

For the record I've run without "active" antivirus for almost 10 years - an occasional scan with something like malwarebytes is prudent (and like, don't download dodgy files and just run them) but stuff like avast, norton and mcafee seem to do more harm than good. We've had particular trouble with Avast false-positiving KAG over the years because of the auto-update mechanism it uses.

Vamist likes this.
  12. Tech_3267

So ive uninstalled avast, seems to not make a difference when reinstalling the game without the anti virus software. Game file integrity is fine. RIP
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2017 ---
    Well rip my game ;(

13. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

@Tech_3267, if you want, we could try remote troubleshooting session using TeamViewer. I could poke around your system to see what's wrong. Helped this way a few times in the past. Mail me at support@thd.vg if you want my help.

Asu, AgentHightower and Biurza like this.
  14. Tech_3267

ok, we will see
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017, Original Post Date: May 21, 2017 ---
    for some reason it has fixed itself over time. Finally back into action
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2017 ---
    Isnt that brilliant, as I attempt to open it today, same glitch.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey