1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Harpoons for warboats

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by erik102003, May 3, 2017.

Tags:
?

What is your opinion?

1. I love the idea!

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. It needs some changes/balancing

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Its absolute bullshit, i hate it

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Could be usable in water combat focused mods

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Yes, i know that there was already a thread about harpoons. But my point is: how useful is the arrow machine on the warboat? I think it would be much cooler to have a 1 shot harpoon that would reload after like 30 secs or so and you could walk on it, and would act as a rope. It would make the warboat inmovable until the line is cut. It would make the warboat and targeted base very vulnerable in my opinion. The shot itself would slightly damage the targeted block and its surroundings. I like the idea, an actual water siege engine, not just a spawn point
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2017, Original Post Date: May 3, 2017 ---
    I saw that someone voted for "its absolute bullshit" can you please explain- why? :heart:

Vampire, Biurza and enderzilla747 like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

PSA you can put a ballista or catapult onto a war or long boat, and climb the bolts of the former/get shot forward by the latter. I feel like this is 80% already implemented and the rope part just adds a huge complication.

3. erik102003

Well, for my defense- I didnt know that you can put catapults on boats (most people just go with naval/siege workshops and tunnels) and the arrow machine is rarely used, and dats because it has small range, i didnt say that it has to be in the official gamemodes. Althrough it would be noice to have something more useful than just arrows with low range. Like i said- an water siege engine, not just a spawn point

4. What if... instead of shooting arrows it shot out water, like a water gun! Infinite stun lock ftw

J-man2003 and mcrifel like this.
  5. erik102003

Sounds noice on paper but.... i think it would be just shooting water arrows and that would be like- it stuns, enemy goes underwater and is out of fire arc, still noice

That got me thinking..... Shark in a crate25252525 :smug: 25252525

Mods: Rainbows