1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classes/Items Territory Control: Official Forum Badgers

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by TFlippy, Mar 4, 2017.

1. wsensor

wsensor Shark Slayer

Everytime I try to log into the Speedy Badgers server (There was a us server hosting the game too but it seems to have crashed.) it crashes KAG everytime I join.
    Restart KAG try to rejoin. It crashes as soon as the game loads. My log files are not showing anything so its strange. (Like they just don't show info on anything at all after trying to join...)

2. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

Today I witnessed my first Mythril Man invasion...

Anyways, I tried to make the mod run on singleplayer, so I can spawn things in and be cool like that. I failed. RIP

3. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

The new mith update seem to make the server crash even more often, perhaps something could be done about that without nerfing Zombies

4. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Update v65: Healthy Badgers
    • Added Spotter fighter aircraft
    • Added Mithril-B-Gone
    • Added Crystal Tree
    • Added Desert Biome support for maps
    • Added Mithril Warhead
    • Nerfed Mithril Men
    • Hopefully fixed various crashes and freezes
    • Slightly reduced bomb capacity of bombers
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  5. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Nice, sadly TC has already crashed though :skull:

Edit: Noticed the only sound that plays when i enter the server immediately before it crashes seems to be the sound of dirt being replaced, could overgrowth be causing the crashes or just a coincidence?

Probably unrelated, but thought i'd mention it anyway just in case.

New edit: Plane is great fun, really spices things up

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  6. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Gr8t update mate, especially aprecciate the mythril war head (A.K.A. nuke)

7. enderzilla747

YES YES. YES. YES. YES. I am pleased. Thank you. Also, yesterday I was going to ask about using the desert blocks in the files but forgot! :3

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Everytime I played this server it was a pain to play with others honestly. I have quite some issues with it.

- Neutrals are mostly dicks. This is the definition of neutral : "Not taking sides in a conflict such as war; nonaligned.". Most neutrals are just killing people from other factions for no reason and neutrals that actually wishes to be neutrals just get killed either by bandit morons or by people from factions because most neutrals are just there to be assholes, so it's practically unplayable for them.
    Creating a faction is also a pain in the ass, because it requires resources that forces you to be an annoying non-neutral neutral, and once you create it, you have 99% chance to get raided by the largest faction.
    For some reason you seem to believe this is ok, but it just makes it unplayable to me. In gamemodes like CTF and TTH if that is comparable you can minecraft at home if you want, most of the time you won't get constantly killed by enemies (expect if Coroz is against you).

- Not sure if the server is a potato but it's under-running all the time.

- There are way too much mechanics. When you get in the first time you have no damn idea what you're supposed to do. There are mechanics that could be actually fun if you didn't constantly had to defend yourself because you have no other choice.

- What the fuck is wrong with HP? Most weapons will instantly kill you, spikes will instantly kill you... Every single weapon just seems plain unbalanced.

enderzilla747 and erik102003 like this.
  9. enderzilla747

Today I saw Blue. Blue was just a tent underground, nearly destroyed by a horde of cancerous idiotic bandits. I joined Blue and became a knight, to fight off these bandits and chickens. The bandits were constantly attacking Blue as it grew. Always digging into our base. Eventually for some reason, one of our members nuked Red at the far left of the map. Left side is now radioactive, and since it was near this large void pit, no zombie infestation occured. Red rebuilt, and started selling things to neutrals. Neutrals were jerks, always attacking Blue. The bandits whined to Red, and Red supplied them in attacking us. The bandits eventually joined Red. By now, I was working on my bunker far right, to ensure Blue will survive the war. It will take a long time to complete it, but it will be worth it. I supplied my comrades who were fighting the Reds only once, and it should've given them an edge against Red. I even made an armoured bomber and mortar. My teammates never listened, and a bandit used the bomber. It was blown up. War goes on, and eventually Blue lost. Blue ran to the right, but my bunker wasnt finished yet. Blue fought Red above my bunker, and Red destroyed the remnants of Blue. Except one other person. They used a bomber to destroy my bunker, and told Red forces. They wanted to kill me for killing neutrals and for my chicken AR, but I didnt have any guns. Just a factory and storages. The Reds finally got to me, and I pulled them down into the void to die with me.

The map was now controlled by Reds, who were angry and killed whoever they pleased. Bandits roamed the outside, killing everyone, and neutrals killed eachother...
    DARN'D BANDITS!

rappyrap42, Asu and erik102003 like this.
  10. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Bandits and neutrals' alignment isn't really set - they can be peaceful, work for other factions or just mindlessly kill other people. It's entirely up to them.
    However, the way they treat you depends on how you act towards them - if you keep slaughtering them, expect them to attack you or your faction. Granted, some people are just chaotic evil assholes and kill anyone they see, regardless if you just saved them from certain death or gave them some fancy gifts.
    It largely depends on who's online, there have been several occasions where people were peacefully roleplaying, building highways for cars or playing trampoline tennis.

Vamist was hosting Terraria at the time you were playing, it's better now.

Just ask other people, sometimes they're willing to help.

Those are guns, they're supposed to be deadly. Also, lack of balance is fun to an extent. The feeling when you manage to kill a guy wearing an exosuit and claim it for yourself is wonderful.
    Anyway, the high-tech items are supposed to be overpowered - you're using extremely advanced weapons against knights after all. Well, I may make it a bit more difficult to retrieve items from the crashed ship, so people won't have instant access to this sort of technology.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    AgentHightower, erik102003 and Asu like this.
  11. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

basically, his mods are always unfair, and that's why they are fun

rosanna2000 and rappyrap42 like this.
  12. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

He only has one mod though? Unless you count gramophone as a secondary.

13. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Gramophone's overpowered as well, have you ever stuffed 30 of them in small a room while playing music? :rekt:

14. kiaran

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

lel, yes, so OP, and unfair

rappyrap42 likes this.
  15. erik102003

As you can clearly see on kiarans profile pic, it gives him levitating powers :rekt:

16. kiaran

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

ye, gramophones make meh so op, like you wont BEE-lieve. ill BEE going now.

rappyrap42 and AgentHightower like this.
  17. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Update v66: Military Badgers
    • Added a Chicken Officer
    • Added a Sniper Rifle (Made by @GoldenGuy)
    • Added a Fuger Pistol
    • Improved Combat Chicken AI - now they can raid and capture bases, properly track players and fight better
    • Reworked Combat Chicken bases in several maps
    • Made Spotter planes a bit less fragile
    • Couple of bug fixes

18. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

It'd be cool if when chickens capture a players outpost their spawn rate increases by 2x for one additional outpost captured, 3x for two additional outposts captured and so on and they spawned equally at each captured base so that their forces don't spread too thin as a result of capturing player territory. it'd make chickens a serious threat. Also if they could sometimes attempt to travel long distances towards player camps in an attempt to capture them that'd also be pretty cool. :chicken::rekt: :skull::skull::skull:

19. erik102003

So an officer wit a pistol, soldiers wit Bolt actions and sniper rifles.... Now all we need is being able to load gas into mortars and make sanbags unt trenches... And the officer screaming FIX BAYONETS. Great update but i feel like spotter needs to be more pricey, its easily spamable :heart:

20. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Yeah the spotter is pretty spammable although it's also pretty flimsy as well - if you suddenly get a lag spike your plane is toast!

I'd like to see land vehicles get some love... the tank is unfortunately quite redundant due to its small length which causes it to easily get stuck anywhere and everywhere, weak short ranged cannon that needs to be manned by someone else and the introduction of bombs that an archer can grab and throw and break the tank in an instant.

Perhaps something long (so it easily traverses over holes and climbs easier,) flat (so it can get through medium sized gaps) and highly resistant against bombs so it isn't taken out by an archer or a bandit with too many disposable coins.
    Buff the current tank a lot and raise the cost of it accordingly and introduce a more advanced tank...perhaps something like this? although probably not quite that large in relation to the human next to it - whatever works i guess... :rekt:
    dread.jpg
    Just my suggestion, land vehicles are cool :rektlord:

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    AgentHightower and erik102003 like this.