1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Catapult + Dinghy Combo

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by platy1knight, Jun 4, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you think this idea could be for serious use or just for fun?

1. Serious use (as in clanwars and Captains)

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Fun (Pubs only)

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

Hey , so recently I discovered this new tactic/strategy where you mount a dinghy on a catapult
    How it works:
    Building
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see , to get a quick cata+dinghy combo you need a boatshop & and a builder shop next to eachother , a dinghy costs 100 wood & 25 coins
    Benefits:
    -This tactic allows to throw builders to the enemy without the fear of hight and fall damage , after the builder on the mounted boat gets thrown ,
    the dinghy soaks all the damage and breaks , leaving the builder untouched.
    -Not only that but 2 players can ride a dinghy , so you can throw 2 players at a time (a builder and a knight for protection for ex)
    -Has storage , like alot
    -Sometimes , the boat survives the throw and could be retrieved and reused.
    Cons:
    extemely time and resource consuming.
    since dinghies cost 25 coins , you can't use them for every cata shot .
    it is also hard for other players to understand what the crap you are doing with a boatshops and dinghies in a land map

Lemme know what you think

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    tigorsun, Trumbles, Didgedy and 3 others like this.
  2. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

I think this is awesome and i hope they don't remove this in any future updates.

3. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

This feature is an integral part of the KAG expierence removing this would severely damage the game and the devs would never do such a thing. Especially the massive amount of water that appears when a dinghy is launched.

4. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

If I can say something, I appreciate your doings but you don't found nothing new just some old fun stuff with dinghy. But back to the topic if we talk about a (public mostly) ctf and this tactic let's rethink it:
    - you need two vehicle shops that will use 100 gold and 500 wood right, wood is not problem but your team will resist when you will "waste" 50 or 100 gold on shop's because tunnels are better thing
    - you need build big tower and maintain it in good shape and it is time-consuming
    - a cata cost is 85 coins, like you said a dinghy is 25 and 100 wood it easy stuff but someone must use cata to shoot you right?
    - you said you can shoot two people in one dinghy sounds great but it will work?
    - and last thing it's not better use chickens?
    -ah nearly forgot dinghy is heavy and with two persons on board it will be heavier
    Before you do something, rethink it few times always at first time it's look perfect. And it's nice to see that you are trying new things, but this one is just fun even if you land on ground safe don't think enemy team will ignore you.

tigorsun, SirDangalang and Biurza like this.
  5. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Also you can storage a insane amount of items in the little boat, like 20 mines or 2 kegs. you can use the dingy for camouflage for such items.

6. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Dead bodies also fit
    ( ͡°

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  7. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I absolutely agree with Ferrezinhre's post.
    But it may be a fun thing to do in pubs.

tigorsun likes this.
  8. platy1knight

I didn't say that I found something new , I said discovered it , so it could be used before but I never heard or tried it .
    123-Yes , the biggest problem with this tactic is that it uses a lot of resources and is time consuming to build , you are correct.
    4-You can shoot 2 people in one dinghy , it will work.
    5-For me I think the dinghy is better , chickens take time to hatch & does not fully negate fall damage , huge heights still hurt , also if landing near a knight will render you slashed and killed.
    The dinghy however, quickly made, negates all fall damage, if landing on a knight the boat will block him & don't forget that a guard can be mounted with the builder.
    6-do you mean there is a difference between 1 & 2 guys on the dinghy? I tried it and I land in the same spot I landed alone (might need to recheck)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  9. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

I find this thing a stalemate breaker

BarsukEughen555 likes this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

100% a feature and honestly glad it's getting some renewed attention. The spray of water is canon.

It's expensive, looks ridiculous, and allows huge swings in a losing fight if you pull it off; what's not to love?

11. platy1knight

Tried trogan boats , was not dissapointed (lit keg in boat)

12. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

not anymore ::(:

13. tigorsun

tigorsun Shopkeep Stealer

WOW, its too good idea. I will try it