1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Who you miss.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by platy1knight, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. i miss maverick

Overlord, FuzzyBlueBaron and jerloch like this.
  2. chrissf

chrissf Haxor

no one rembers me + my clasic roleplay servers :( sad times indeed

3. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

Just like @Domis nowdays.
    I miss 64 slots servers who were full the fight was epic no one could stand ground against horde of knights

4. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I miss supertinewu :c
    First person i enjoyed playing with back in 2015 <3

5. Elf

Elf Bison Rider
    1. A Special Forces [SF#]

Livsnitch and NatureClass :QQ:
    I taught Nature basics of the gameplay when she first came, and we spend days playing, and livs... Livsnitch is the first person I've literally spent entire nights roleplaying. I was never bored with her. We'd go on RP or sandbox and within 20-40 minutes we had a setting and a plot and then... time just passed with neither of us realising. Then... one day she just disappeared. She stopped playing, she never came on forums again. I tracked her on twitter, two forum websites, I even got the Forum staff here to send her an email... but she just didn't respond anywhere.
    Livs :QQ: I miss you.

Ni likes this.
  6. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Miss JPD my best friend in real life and in this game, stopped playing, he changed accounts a bunch, some probably know him as rocket or something, I don't live near him anymore so rip. and miss aegis was fun playing with him and flare is pretty cool erhmm... yeah also bring gurin back, he's the only good aus kag player.

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

this thread made me think about kag all day, so i wrote this post

Classic:

sorry if shit is in weird order but as im writing stuff im remembering new things
    Super Saiyan servers, i knew an epic glitch/feature that could let you fly anywhere you want after bomb jumping. pretty sure i was the only person that hosted it that wasnt @c415
    Sumo servers. the server i hosted for the most time (originally hosted by marcoroni). i made many friends on it and still remember the funny shield bashes, the spikes on edges of the map, camping near teambridges.
    Strathos's donkey kong servers. while it were only a few maps, it was very fun. it was something new, and a rather advanced mod for kag classic at the time (of course master4523 and the dedicated community makes more complex now, I guess)
    Strathos's dungeons & zombies. I finally got to host it after many problems. it felt like a very complex mod too (all mods using kscript actually seem complex). i liked going to the dungeons with friends and weird items. i remember that there was player housing, decorations for it and some very strong lamps to light up the dungeons
    RCTF. it had tons of new maps. it was like normal RTDM, but BoW hosted it and it had flags too.
    all the rtdm maps. if you'd give me a mappack of 100 rtdm maps, i think i could remember 80% of them. i remember some creators, specifically jonttubosse and joiken
    some texture packs. i remember being bored and looking for texture packs. my favourite were some christmas ones (i think rocker2 or something like that made one) and Crusades Revival.
    i miss slashing stone backwalls as knights. i liked collapsing entire segments of tdm maps with enemies.
    i miss speedhacking. yes, you read that correct. i still have a conversation in my inbox (my broken english was great...). i speedhacked on beo's rtdm server once, because one of enemy knights did. both of us got banned.
    zombie servers. hardcore, with new items, anything. i remember a hardcore zombie server with mountains, faster stronger zombies, some new shops i think. also longer spawntime. zombies generally was a fun gamemode, even when it was easy sometimes and zombies stopped spawning.
    gold CTF servers. it was nice. i remember when they released kegs, i think. there were like 48 gold players in one server. i remember some of the pros were there. @Rayne, other action guys. if any of you is reading this, even though you probably hated me, i admired all of you. anyway, it was so epic: day and night cycle, kegs, lanterns. it felt like being a part of a bigger thing.
    i remember the head and clantag i always used. i always wore the clantag "king" and used the gold samurai/king head. i got super offended when i joined a shitty roleplay server once (boldtemple?) and saw someone use "king" too. later, after being banned for speedhacking, i used the clantag "wormy" to let people know who i was.
    i miss every part of classic. i even miss the bad memories, such as being banned and muted for bullshit on servers then complaining to lord gatu after it.
    i miss everything kag classic related, yes, i miss mm calling totalbiscuit or whoever he was an idiot for not playing his game correctly. was sad when he actually stopped communicating with people after that tho
    the zombie vs humans server. the one you could teamkill on as archer, it was hosted by some russian (https://forum.thd.vg/threads/survive.7677/). i respected him very much (he made the mod after all!) and loved when he actually wanted to teamwork with me (specifically remembered what he said some times: "let's stick together"). sometimes i teamkilled (and got teamkilled) because i was edgy.
    i miss the cat n mouse server. i made some maps and hosted it too. it felt like something new, it was very original. @FranticIch was the original hoster. he also hosted the war servers - you spawned as builders, there were tickets and you had to build barracks and stuff to be able to change into other classes. most maps had water. there was shield surfing. he also added some cool stuff to it, such as flying kegs (without gravity). every small thing like that made it feel like an epic great mod in kag classic.
    the original tdm. although i do not have any specific memories of it, i remember that it just was ctf but without flags (every ctf had units at the time). i remember a map that had a huge dirt wall in the middle. climbing it and then being shot from cata was great.
    the original water. it was gold-only. it was very specific, idk how to describe it. it was just water, it overrided blocks and always was at a certain block level (for example 40 blocks from void).
    @Clemo7 's servers, especially the rtdm one. there were tons of maps. once he banned me for talking shit in chat (usual me), so i restarted my router (restarted ip) and came back. he then banned me again 3-4 times. sorry if i was acting like a fucktard ;)
    again another of strathos's mods - meteorstrike. hosted it a few times, was fun.
    shield flying glitch. i remember a hilly map on tdm where i had to mine dirt as a knight for 4 minutes to be able to kill the enemies camping at their spawn. when you finally were getting close they just flied to our spawn...
    one halloween master4523 and other guys from Pk hosted a server with special (halloween-themed) maps. they also released a texture pack on the forums (i think its removed now). many people came back to play on that one server. it was nice.
    the original shield surfing. if you bomb jumped, then landed on your shield, you could surf very fast until stopped in some way
    @norill's mini ctf server, or something like that. the maps were very fun. i remember that @Mazey was admin on it. i guess iko is a bit similiar to it

do i want to come back to classic? not now. the community is dead. but if furai would ban rule breakers again? if the community would be the size of kag beta's - or even better - 2-3x bigger? would do, in a heartbeat. also would host all the mods listed here. kag beta is great, but they're different games. i love both of them.

Beta/release:
    suprisingly, even when beta is older than kag classic was when beta released, i do not remember much. most of my memories are some small mods and Iko's CTF.
    FUN ctf - in my opinion, the best mod that was ever created. Diprog and other people who worked on it made so many cool features. When i come back again in a few weeks, i'll definitely ask Diprog if i can host it again
    Gold Rush - another great mod by Diprog. I liked the idea of it and hosted it for a bit, however people didn't seem to like it and not many people played it, which is sad. I will host it again when i come back in a few weeks maybe
    Smash Knights - awesome mod by Chrispin, lots of fun. grabbing people and jabspamming them - what autistic kaggots love. I'll ask some modders to fix it and maybe i'll host it again

I take breaks from beta often, but i always come back. i'm not sure why. maybe sometimes i will just feel burnt out, but i will always come back. beta still has a stable, nice community. and as long as that community is there, i will come back and enjoy as much as possible

kag's medium community is both great and bad. too many people would mean too much griefing and cancer. but too few people means sometimes servers are dead. hopefully this will change a bit in summer :)

obligatory thank you to:
    - Lord @Geti, MM (would tag but he wouldn't respond :^>) and other devs (furai, not tagging because i don't want to annoy you even more :^) sorry for everything) for making a game which brought me so much joy!
    - people from clans BoW, Action, PK or something like that
    - server hosters (franticich, marcoroni, vladislavbyk and many more) and the modding community (gamemode makers such as chrispin and diprog and the unsung heroes of the irc channel kag.modding or something like that, thank you for helping me with my shitty mods ferne, skinney and others), both from classic and beta
    - icewuerfel for letting me host ikos with maps made by him, 8x and hallic (thank you too)
    - other mapmakers
    - kag classic community; especially master4523 and sinnertie for still being so dedicated to kag classic
    - copper40 and his dog because meme

i probably insulted and called at least 90% of you faggots, don't mind me it's nothing personal

8. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

9. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

Barbossa. I also miss SaraLogia... @ParaLogia pls

10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

@bunnie didn't even mention me, now em sad

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

i don't miss you because i can always talk and play with you fam <3

12. kkflarg

kkflarg Bison Rider

the original game.

Chukka, Inferdy and asger75 like this.
  13. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I know that i have already done a "Who you miss" post on who i missed last time, But i have a new guy that i'm missing currently on KAG, Lindus, That guy, Was my own official first KAG student for me to teach him the basics, I have told him many great tips on KAG, Told him how to phase when you go through your opponent, But after some weeks, He just got silent and stopped playing KAG, But i'll always miss em and remember him

14. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Juggernaut gaemode

15. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

u can teach me how2beta mate

16. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

I miss permabanning in BD servers and then indulging in the drama players would write about me on the forums, and I miss the damned admin live map editor ever since beta. Fuck! *deep breath*
    I miss the ability to do multi-kills with knight as in classic; you can barely do double kills in beta.
    I miss my old pals from -nc- (zelva and Noodle).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Froghead48, InsaneMTL and Blue_Tiger like this.
  17. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I miss @Pirate-Rob , your unique classes mod and "what if kag sucked" mod will always hold a special place in my 3 hearts and 7 livers. I hope life's going good for ya man. :heart:::)::thumbs_up:

Pirate-Rob and BarsukEughen555 like this.
  18. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I miss being good at the game.

Oh, also, [Lk]. They were the only reason I stayed with the game in the beginning. Turtle was a pretty cool guy, and he was who I wanted to achieve the skill level of. He made me want to become a better player, and that led me to making even more friends and sticking with the game.

I also miss just... playing. I had a hell of a time for years playing this game. It was the only thing that I was good at, and the only thing that I felt I could feasibly improve on. While I was spinning my wheels irl, I was able to see actual progress and feel good about myself through KAG.

But, alas, all good things must come to an end. I fell out of KAG, and by proxy lost a lot of friends. Kept some of them like DukeJordan and Imperium, but the majority are gone. Nova still lives on in our hearts (and in our discord), so I guess it's not all bad. Well, actually, this is Nova, so it's specifically all bad. They're all such shitters. :rekt:

19. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

20. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

nothing, kag is just a bad memory (jk, i miss sumo)