1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atthetta, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

THD is not that poor, jesus. They have the resources to make new games, and they still are.

The mods and fans saying no are not the toxic people. You are. The reason being is that you keep spamming the same threads over and over, not helping or improving anything. The mods locked the thread for the first time for a reason, perhaps you should read that and think about it before you spam more threads with the same title.

KAG was popular, and yes, i do agree there is some potential, but like so its best to let THD work on the 'getting more people to buy our stuff' because that their job.

2. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

I started KAG like 3 months ago. To Be Honest, it was and still is difficult to find active multiplayer servers. Looking into the matters, it appears to an outsider that KAG popularity started out high but has since then dipped rather low. The community has to be more inclusive, if the game is really cared about. However, that obviously depends on the creators and developers, how much resource and effort they want to put into the game.

A quick note, the main problem I notice with KAG is* that it's single-player mode is very, very lacking. Perhaps the Soldat-style development overlooked this possibility. Soldat was, and is, a great multiplayer game. King Arthur's World was a single-player game.

If KAG has a proper single-player game, a better story mode and progression, that also may draw in a lot more player and grow the player base.

Again, my point, KAG has lots of potential, much of the reason I created and re-create these KAG2 threads, even though I'm silenced and not given a chance by this "not toxic" community.

Seems kind of strange to me, how quickly I'm shut down as a new player....hopefully this only happens to me, and not other new players interested in this game. I mean, the community needs to be inclusive IF more players are wanted. Although, maybe new players are not wanted? Maybe this community wants a small playerbase.

However that will cause problems with development. Games and development needs money (hence larger playerbase).

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think you got the idea

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I just want to point out that King Arthur's World isn't the "core mechanic" of KAG. THD got inspiration from it, most likely the theme and the idea of class combat.

5. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Where did you even come up with KAG 2 being developed in the first place, let alone yourself becoming a THD employee? ::D:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Fork this and create King Arthur's World 2.

7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

My understanding is that they decided that the flags were too provocative, so they're replacing them with gold and silver statues, plus adding cannons.

You seem like a fellow with his head screwed on right, I'd be willing to see you head up the project, provided you can give evidence of your skill when it comes to pixel art and idea generation.

8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'm willing to be the ideas guy along with potential investment. Let's connect sometimes in the far future.

9. Turtlebutt

Turtlebutt Bison Rider Tester

kag2 = tth + ctf
    by what you described.
    + if you wanted unlocks with more time you play or do shit, then that would make the game even more unfair.
    and who the fuck wants to play a game thats full of bugs.

l3afysamz, an_obamanation and Asu like this.
  10. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i'll be best balancer, i swear
    we're adding dwarfes and giving them x0.5 damage received against everything + doubleHP
    free ballistas too obviously

11. Asu

did he actually post any pixel art?

12. BarsukEughen555

no

13. Vamist

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

What is this thread...I don't even...

15. Asu

Shifting into a meme epicenter

16. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Please make a copper40 easter egg when you will make kag2 ok

17. Vamist

type copper40 to geti in game and he becomes a dog

Asu likes this.
  18. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

although this thread has already been stomped into the ground. i still have an ideas i wish to share while i believe that a new class could be implemented into the existing KAG, here's no need for a new game. but before talking about that, i need to get this out of the way first, firstly putting in perks, and skills, into KAG multiplayer would totally destroy the skill based combat we all know and love. secondly the average KAG vet tends to have over 100 hours, anecdotal evidence only of coarse. and they kick ass with the exact same load-out as there opponents, and your telling me you want to add in a system a-kin to something like in EA's star-wars battlefront, were the longer you play, the more skills and perks you unlock, it which point when you win a fight you will know it's wasn't because of skill, it's because your been playing longer. and there for have higher tier stuff, no that kind of stuff is utter tripe,keep it out of KAG.

OK back the a classes thing tho. it would have to be extremely balanced with the others.
    Say something like a bill-man, or spear man a polearm's user, same damage as knights slash , 2 hearts at full draw of the weapon, and can jab just the same for 1 heart, but maybe instead of a jab a quick strike, with staff of the spear\bill. this class would have slightly longer range with his single slash, but knights would still be able to move further with a well timed double slash. 10 blocks a believe it is. with the range pro it's has a con, the pole-arm class wouldn't have a shield, as both arms are being used to Handel the weapon, there for he has no defense in melee combat with a knight.
    Maybe there could be a small shield on his back to stop arrows from hitting his torso when running away, but as a good archer you would still be able to hit the head and legs. the shield itself would only be able to last two arrow hits or one slash, i believe this is fair as it takes no skill to defend with the shield in this way, as it does the way the knights use it, speaking of running away, this class could be as fast a builder, i think in a flat out race a knight running, not shield sliding is slower than a running builder. as a knight can slide i pole-arms class user could volt with there spear/bills staff, as there quick movement technique , archers have the grapple hook, knights have a shield witch can slide and glide.

Now as for equipment, you could maybe have a some sort of weighted net, which could trap players, if a knight gets caught it would take one double slash or two slashes to break free, that's only about a second, I'm pretty sure water bombs last longer. anyway, while slashing to break free you would still do damage to players of the other team at the same time your freeing your self from the net, but with reduced damage output so a double slash would only deal two hearts of damage instead of four, as other knight can change in and deal full damage too you, obviously it would take skill to land a net just as it does with bombs or arrows. this go's for all equipment ideas. another idea is a tar jar, a jar filled with hot pitch, causing burn damage and slightly reduced movement speed and/or the inability to jump for 1-3 sec maybe. in my opinion it would be best if it has the same range as a water bomb.

all of these are just my ideas, i do not go into health, or weapon load times. as it's getting late, and im rambling on. that being said, like i said at the top of the comment a new class, like this one or something else balanced, feel free to give your ideas. i may even make a separate thread for possible balanced new classes for KAG, if other are interested in brainstorming obviously if any new classes are ever added there will inevitably be teething issues. be it underpowered, overpowered, or if somethings just not right. i am not a developer, but i realize any of this would take a lot of work, i can give my ideas if they are wanted, and i will buy the new head-pack when it gets released on the KAG website. too help support THD. thank you

19. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Also give archers spikey boots in kag2 so they kill on impact.

Turtlebutt, Asu and BarsukEughen555 like this.
  20. BarsukEughen555

yeee, make a class which is rekt with archers since archers are definitly underbuffed already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.