1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pls remove Cerbero's rift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PUNK123, May 1, 2016.

?

Is cerbero's rift any good?

1. No

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Punk you arrive late to the map discussion. I know after pushing them public and playing online the good and bad things of each map pop out better. However, seeing your points are not completely sided, you could be more specific and reach further by changing the maps by yourself (I'm not being sarcastic or ironical here), and posting here the changes. It takes more time from your side, but it's more constructive.

On DragonsLair map i believe the mid area is problematic and awkward after a while: first the water underground causes awful navigation after some erosion (bedrock would be good) and the mid terrain is too small; second, lastly most of maps with open mid no man's land beome a 2 towers fight. One on each side or flag castle, that promote these hated bomb bolt spam and camping that stops any team from conquering and settle a base/castle in mid.

EhRa likes this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

You're right i could do something, but whining is obviously more fun. Ill take a look at the wiki page for mapping and see if i cant do something. Im not sure any changes i make to things would be popular and the last couple i did suggest/give a visual of a change for a map no one cared/responded.

EDIT: I literally never see ballistaes on that map but if you have an issue with it ok. I mean if i cant find anything likable about a map how would editing it to make it less terrible be better than just requesting its removal. I mean in order for me to not hate the map id have to move the flag off the stupid dragon, remove plats from mid, perhaps lower the water alittle so sharks dont insta-rape, remove the mines because that gimmick is crap, ect
    EDIT2:
    Trekobius_DragonsLair.png
    Forget what older map used the midroom with gold up there but that is how it should work not being forced to fight sharks to get at the gold. I made the flag easier to reach for teammates(though i also think i deleted the flag+tents), i made the sharkpit be an area you could go thru(although alot more dangerous than going up thru the top/ sharks are low enough to where i think you can block over fwiw), gold nugget mid area for the better team and less gold in the dragon's mouth.
    EDIT3:
    If i removed those little stupid stone blocks that irk me is there a chance the actual official map would be edited? really dislike the ground level blocks(especially the ones by the flag)this isnt build 1180 where knights rule the world it is OK to have ground level doors(especially at your side and especially the way i build)
    Edit4: pretty obvious when i actual give visuals no one cares to respond either. Meh the rift map wont be playable for me until the dirtbackwall goes across the pit(because it is so easy for the enemy rush to just cut off your bridge and have it fall). I get the pit play is fun and all but it isnt for everyone so atleast give other people something to do. Also remove the landing spot entirely from mid as it only helps rat and why should we be helping those people?

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

After witnessing firsthand the sort of gameplay that arises from this map, I have changed my vote to erase this map from KAG.

_Cuffs_, Clev and PUNK123 like this.
  4. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Should've been removed w/ ~55% in favour of its removal.
    Doesn't belong on the official servers. It kills them.

5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

... 55% of a vocal group on the forums.

also, i don't like it, but i don't think it should be removed

PUNK123 and mcrifel like this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

When we do the next map rotation (can't be long now with how many have been accepted/rejected) I'm happy for CR to be taken out of the public rotation for a while.

Lava likes this.
  7. nickkardash

nickkardash Bison Rider