1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Knight Suggestion] Pushing.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TelionKAG, Feb 24, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. TelionKAG

TelionKAG Catapult Fodder

1. add a push. how does it work you may ask? well if someone is blocking you can push them to make them lose balance for a few moments (not seconds, that would be op).

I'm not a pro by any means. so go ahead and criticize my suggestions!

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You know, this is a pretty fun idea actually. It is pretty annoying if some other knight is in the way and you're both just doing the staring contest thing while running up against each other with shields.

The input also seems quite doable - left clicking while shielding, for instance, could make the knight thrust his shield forward, giving a little push to whatever it was touching. Seems quite versatile too, you could help your team up a wall more easily, and maybe even push the ground to bounce off of it a little?

Blubahub and bru-jaz like this.
  3. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

This is actually my favorite of your suggestions, most of the others technically exist in some form. But like Brotato said, it could be very situationally useful.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

mfw assaulting turtle tactics?
    never

Biurza likes this.
  5. Clev

That's the best tho. Shield wall pushing into shield wall.

6. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

This can be achieved with a shield bash already:
    GIF.gif

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  7. Clev

But you cant boost people up a wall with shield push

8. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Yes you can?

dual_chiecken likes this.
  9. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

He meant like, more than usual. I wasn't thinking stun like shield bash, I was thinking just shoving people/things around with it.

10. Sounds like a stun to me, I guess you want to be able to stun without having to do the motions for a shield bash? That sounds like you'd be able to stunlock someone in a tunnel and move them, correct me if I'm wrong.

11. Clev

I was thinking more of a knockback move without the stun, like an actual push.

Blubahub likes this.
  12. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I think i'd like this if there was something to negate against it, like crouching or standing still. Without it then I can see the 2v1 becoming so much more of a nuisance, it'd essentially be
    [​IMG]
    with the occasional slash or jab thrown in. Honestly even 1v1s could just become a shove jab fest. (Of course this depends on what you're meaning, as there is nothing specifying whether the push would just push someone backwards or would stun them, i'm assuming you're intending for it to stun though, if not then my mistake.)

Blubahub and bunnie like this.
  13. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

off topic but
    [​IMG]
    i like this idear

14. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

wtf is the difference between kicking and pushing

15. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Interesting idea. I think it would be worth testing.

There should probably a limit to how often you can push, in the form of a cool-down, and possibly how many times. How it works in Vermintide comes to mind, but it might be a bit too complicated (the game also has some graphical feedback in the form of small shield icons).

16. Knight having a stun, surely this has never backfired before.

It has. Don't consider it.
    But what if we still went through with it and everyone had a free no friendly fire water bomb at their disposal?! Amazing gameplay!

Blubahub and Clev like this.
Mods: Rainbows