1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rats and Mice! 2017-09-17

Play as the rodents you are!

1. fuyukikun

fuyukikun Bison Rider

fuyukikun submitted a new resource:

Rats and Mice! - Play as the rodents you are!

Read more about this resource...

2. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Very cool texture mod especially for that new game mode CatNMouse. I was testing something with these textures and its possible for mice and rats to coexist with one another at the same time if you have the "National Flags-Heads Pack DLC". What i did was set the rats to BuilderMale.png and the mice to BuilderFemale.png. Also for the heads, i set the rat heads to Heads.png and for the mice i set the heads to Heads2.png. You can also use it vice versa if you prefer mice for BuilderMale and rats for BuilderFemale but you would also have to switch up the heads.png and heads2.png as well. I believe when you update your mod for cats later on, you should be able to do the same for cats if you make 2 different colored versions for cats like you did for rat and mice.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  3. fuyukikun

fuyukikun Bison Rider

Yeah that was what i was thinking, however it would require you to buy the pack and i don't really wanna.

4. Basshunter

Basshunter of course i like your t-shirt Staff Alumni Donator Tester Official Server Admin

I really like that texture pack, also definitely agree with FoxyLady, the texture pack really fit in CatNMouse mod.

5. VaderCraftGamer

VaderCraftGamer Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's REALLY good! It'd be nice for it to be used on the Cats and Mice server, kinda like how the sumo tdm server with the sumo sprites, and they could give you credits like a popup when you enter the server (Im not sure who owns that server and I dont know if they already had an idea similar to this but I cba to check sorry). If you cant do that then its fine, I still find some builders rats in matches. EDIT: Someone already mentioned this idea I can't read.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 27, 2017 ---
    Oh my god, I did (nearly) he exact same thing, I made female builders the mice and male the rats. Also, you can't tell when other rats aren't in your team so if you could add it, it would be great! Maybe team coloured tails or eyes for the heads, I'm not sure you should edit the bodies though, since it would kind of ruin it...

Varion likes this.
  6. fuyukikun

fuyukikun Bison Rider

Long time, can someone tell me who owns the cat and mice server, that way i could talk about adding this mod into the server properly as it's rather hard to have cat and mice texture packs co exist. This is due to it requiring you to access your settings and change something. I was considering using females as cats and rats as males so that it is simple to switch however this would be very buggy when you play female builder. The new head pack would be good to use for cats heads although it would mean you have to purchase their head pack which i don't think should be necessary. Ideas welcome!

7. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

@bunnie

8. VaderCraftGamer

I have really little knowledge of modding as in coding so I am not sure if these examples can be implemented into the game, but I will try to explain them.

For the heads it would be hard as there is only one head pack that shares many heads. You could set it as a permanent head for specific class though, like some servers (example: Rob's Madness - Ninja has one head only while Samurai has many heads usable) but then everyone in rats would have the same head, likewise for mice.

I have seen a unique idea at one point in this game (I think in FUN CTF) where you had an option of using the custom heads the server mod has but then again, you could choose any head you want anyway so you might have a rat with cat head, which is not something you'd like to see.'

For the character sprites, there are builders and knights for the rats and mice server, rats could be used for male and mice for female, but for the cats you could have a more buff cat for the male and a skinnier cat for the women.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  9. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

I believe @RichardSTF Is also hosting a modified version of cat's and mice?:
    Also, in terms of drawing the head, you could remove the purple pixel all together and just draw it on the main sprite, that way any mouse would have the same head, and also I think how it holds stuff'd look funny.

10. VaderCraftGamer

That is goddamn genius!