1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other Player Heads 2.0

Easy to update and configure, custom player head mod

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Regarding this:
    "Would you make an option ot toggle on/off the custom heads clientside? It's a pain to play with guys that have a square or a yellow screaming cluster instead of a well painted head. It also kills me if I'm using custom sprites."

Is it doable with this last KAG update?

2. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

That has always been possible.

Asu likes this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

The script texture solution can work in a single script just fine. You also can AddScript from that script if you're worrying about admins doing it wrong, and it still would be as compatible as it is.
    That can't be done directly but I don't see why it couldn't be done manually (pixel by pixel). The client would send their head to the server and the server would distribute it back to the clients. This cannot be abused.
    It would make it obsolete because it would be simpler.
    Such an idea doesn't disable this possibility. The server can have a configuration file with a list of whitelisted head hashes (even stupid hashes) that would be verified and enabled manually. Moderators ingame could then have an interface to allow or deny the head. The server also could decide to have global policies on user heads, to disable verification/etc. Though I still believe that this isn't necessary. People that breaks those rules could be banned/have their head locked just like they can get banned or muted for spamming insults or that sort of stuff.

Fuzzle likes this.
  4. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

The heads will only be stored in memory. It's not possible to modify them.
    Moderation is not necessary if there's a /disablehead <username> command.
    The implementation will require a ImageData to CBitStream method (w/ compression).

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Ok I was a little confused with the idea, makes a bit more sense now. Let me try to do something with it now and I'll see if I run into any issues

6. Leo

Leo Haxor

Any news on this ?

7. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i cannot open the website

8. Leo

Leo Haxor

Is this ever going to come back or we forget it ??

Biurza likes this.
  9. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I need this uwu

10. death1773

death1773 Horde Gibber Tester
    1. KAG World Cup 2018

It seems like whenever i try and go onto singleplayer, my head wont load, i have submitted it and it is in the folder, but in singleplayer my head is just gone, nothing there. pls help :QQ:

11. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It won't work this build until it gets fixed.

12. death1773

death1773 Horde Gibber Tester
    1. KAG World Cup 2018

ahh ok ;c

13. makmoud98

we have a version in development. hopefully the community can come together to help with fuzzles idea for the new implementation. https://github.com/makmoud98/PlayerHeads
    for those of you still waiting on a new head, just be patient. once everything is working again, we will give instructions on how to submit your head

Geti, Concave, Ni and 2 others like this.
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Please HMU if you need help with any of it fwiw - I'd love to see this mod back in action.

Biurza, epsilon and makmoud98 like this.
  15. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

16. GoldenGuy

GoldenGuy Haxor Tester

update my head :(

Attached Files:

17. makmoud98

Ok the mod should be updated in the API with the new implementation
    There are still a few minor bugs that I need to work out but it is working for the most part.
    All you have to do is rename your head file to head and put it in your Base/Maps folder. It must be a PNG file, other image formats are not supported. When you join a server with the mod on it, it will automatically send the head to all the players.
    [​IMG]
    If you don't have your head on your computer anymore, you can just download this zip and find your old one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Blue_Tiger, FG, Fuzzle and 9 others like this.
  18. 426

426 Shipwright

k, lol i just realized i drew my head in wrong positions so i fixed that.

Attached Files:

• 426.png
      426.png
      File size:
      907 bytes
      Views:
  19. makmoud98

yo dude, you dont need to upload files anywhere anymore just rename it to head.png and put it in your Base/Maps folder. all heads are stored on client and sent to the server upon joining.

20. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Yo makmoud98 i think you should update the overview page of this mod so that people would know more or less how to apply the mod now.