1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Engine Failing to download mods with heavy files

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Naime, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Naime

Naime Drill Rusher

Heyho,
    I got a recent problem. I can't enter servers that require ogg files to be downloaded. Every other file seems fine. I am seeing the download launcher working until ogg. files start to get downloaded, than the download stopps. Any ideas how to resolve? Problems arise for example on Flipper's modded badger server. Before I could play there without problem. Also it was possible to download ogg files before. Now it's not possible. No messages given.
    What I've done:
    - I tried to delete all mod files, didn't help
    - I reinstalled game, didn't help

2. Naime

Naime Drill Rusher

Maybe it's not only ogg files. But the download procedure isn't working on some servers for me.

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Could it be something to do with the firewall? I know you tried to join my dodgeball mod before but that has no .ogg files.
    Check firewall, and any anti-virus, they could be stopping KAG from downloading mods. Add KAG to exclusion zone if possible.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This could also be at an internet carrier level tbh - when it's downloading mod files it can send quite large UDP packets, and some ISPs have trouble handling that. OGG files tend to be larger and might just "trip" this problem more often.

It could be firewall related and I'd check the settings there too.

Please email support@thd.vg with more details about your ISP/modem if you continue to have trouble as that would be my suspicion.

An "easy" workaround in some cases would be to download the exact set of mods separately - if you already have all the files you won't have to download them off the server. Depending on the exact mods used you might need to contact the server host to get a copy.

@Furai if it gets resolved can you post resolution here

5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Naime uses a VPN (Forced i think) and it uses IPv6, I sent the TC files thought dropbox and Naime was able to play TC, and was also able to download my dodge ball from the server (which contains .ogg files) and was able to play. I'm not sure if its the VPN problem or the IP being IPv6 since didn't kag have an issue with IPv6 before?

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm unsure but I don't think so; the ipv6 "issues" were for https stuff, not ENet (which doesn't support v6 at all, and is used for the game networking AND for the mod file downloads)... Completely possible that the VPN might not like big UDP packets though.

That said, they should only be around 8k plus change I think (depending how enet decides to chop them up) (and only for very uncompressible data), but that's still not small by udp packet standards :)

Vamist likes this.