1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

if there could be one new class in KAG what would it be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olevel, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Olevel

Olevel Shipwright

if there was one more class in KAG what would it be?

ValiantVoyager likes this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Mage/wizard
    Thief

Biurza and PUNK123 like this.
  3. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

gatu himself

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. FG

FG Fran Donator

Medic/apothecary Like in battlefield one

SirDangalang, Biurza and Cruxiat like this.
  5. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Yeah those could work easily
    That class implemented into the game would be quite interesting

6. Cruxiat

Cruxiat Haxor Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I don't think we need another class in kag, just more roles for the current classes to fill.

for example, giving ways for archers to slow / hinder the opponent, maybe gas clouds that damage you when you walk through it (could be shot at doors or platforms to keep opponents inside) or sludge arrows that create black slime pools which slow down enemy movement (perhaps increasing in resistance the more arrows get shot) gives the archer a better niche within gameplay, which is primarily assisting the other two classes to do their jobs.

builders could perhaps have a healing mechanic (that isn't placing down a quarters) that heals over time (since most teams use maybe 1 or 2 builders I don't think it'd be a problem) which gives the builder even more of a support role. or, maybe give builders a way to directly assist their knights / archers (damage boost of some kind)

I'd even support removing water from Knights to give archers more of a purpose (and buff) within the game, I think if we create clear roles for each class (destruction + combat for knight, disruption + obstructing a team for archer, support + objective focus for builder) that the game would benefit massively.

7. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

yeah, We dont need anymore classes

8. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

9. RedOTheWisp

RedOTheWisp Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

You can imagine my surprise when I read that Cruxiat supports an archer buff.

10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

a new class would literally ruin the game to be honest. if there was a new class i dont think it would make sense for another 'knight' with a different weapon (like a pike or a spear or blunt object); instead, i think it would be some kind of a support role of sorts (maybe in the form of a mage). i dont know its quite complicated because a new class doesnt really fit anywhere

11. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i demand glorious return of harvester class @bunnie

enderzilla747 and erik102003 like this.
  12. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Or you can just choose different types of weapons for every class,
    Knight
    sword=standard
    axe=slow, but higher damage, very effective against wood and siege units etc.
    spear=longer range, less damage.

Archer
    standard bow=standard
    short bow=fire faster, but with less damage
    long bow=slower charge, higher damage, bigger range.

builder
    pickaxe=standard
    hammer=can build faster, cannot mine rescoures, attacks slower but more accurate and more damage.

This could give the game a extra dimension. where you can fight with counters against eachother.
    You can change the class at a knight/archer/builder shop.

Basshunter, LiLDog, Gregorian and 9 others like this.
  13. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Cavalry.
    Don't really know what would it do, but... Sounds interesting for me ::D:

14. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

The problem with adding a new class outside of balancing it is that it needs to be unique, not just a mix of other classes. For example a rogue class would be a mix between a knight and an archer.

The 3 classes we have now are done very well. They are all unique and have very different roles and ways of playing. Adding a crossbowman class would just be a slower stronger archer which is boring.

The only real other option I could see for a unique class would be a mage. They can have a variety of different spells to chose ranging from support to offensive. A mage would fit with the original trio of classes we have and it wouldn't feel stale or boring. Of course then comes the balancing which is likely the main reason we aren't going to be getting any new classes any time soon.

ValiantVoyager and Biurza like this.
  15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I seem to recall a time when it looked like mounted knights and sloped hills and overworld were going to be things... Oh the memories of hope forlorn. :QQ:

16. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

*peeks around corner* RIP.
    [​IMG]
    RIP but I'm planning on making completed sprites out of all of these for modderinos/my own use.
    [​IMG]

FuzzyBlueBaron, Ni, PUNK123 and 2 others like this.
  17. muscle wizard.

18. ValiantVoyager

ValiantVoyager Ballista Bolt Thrower

I've thought about this for a while and I agree that I like the 3 class system the way it is, but idk I've always thought of a class that could fly, albeit for a brief period of time. Maybe like a dragon class, where you could either jump and hover, double jump, or double jump into a flying ability that lasts for a few seconds (FEW seconds, not enough to scale an average sized castle wall in one try). Left mouse click could be close range (scratch, claw?) attack, and I've always thought it'd be cool for right click to breath fire either short range as well, or longer range like a fireball. Now obviously that could break the game by having a fire ability as one of your main attacks, but I dunno it's fun to think about (imagine hovering above the battlefield for a few seconds and breathing fireballs against the enemy below:eek:)

Biurza likes this.
  19. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

That would stand out way too much.

Biurza likes this.
  20. ValiantVoyager

ValiantVoyager Ballista Bolt Thrower

What exactly do you mean? In comparison with the other classes?