1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[228] Archer Discussion

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Wyeth, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

That would be functionally and logically superior. Suggestions forum!

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Wee-ell, that is how it used to be.
    Geti said they're doing a polishing cycle near christmas, so I will bring it up again at the time.

3. Zefree

Zefree Shopkeep Stealer

I think it would be nice to be able to just click quickly and only once to shoot a really weak arrow. It's kind of irritating when I happen to get close to a knight, and I can't even pretend to defend myself. Like you have to click and hold for what seems to be a variable amount of time in order to even drop an arrow, let alone shoot it.

1 click

1 arrow

Other than that the charge up is fine.

Also, I would swear to any god you can find from any pantheon... That half of the time my arrows that I do manage to fire at knights that get close do absolutely zero damage. So maybe a minimum damage for arrows to do. Like half a heart.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

click to arrow = ridiculous unrealistic spam.

Noburu, IloveElectro and Rayne like this.
  5. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I don't know if this has been suggested before, so I won't make a new thread about it. What shooting a knight in the back with a fully charged arrow instakilled him? Or made 2,5 hearts of damage if instakilling is too extreme. It would make sneaking around as an archer actually usefull, and would add some depth to playing archer. I am not really commited to this idea. It's just something that came to my mind just now. Feel free to ridicule this or point out how often it was suggested before.

6. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

Archers already annoy the crap outer me having them insta kill me when im trying to take out some knights would piss me off, more then they already do. example- yesterday i was on a awesome spree i killed like 3 knights then a couple more came took out one only to get shot in the back by a couple of archers which killed me.

7. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

I agree that sneaky-ness should be rewarded as an archer, maybe not in the way you described, but there should be way WAY more emphasize on the "sneaky" approach for the archer in my opinon. I think he should get more abilities making him able to infiltrate enemy lines and things like that.
    Fully charged arrows doing extra damage from behind would be fun, but I think way unbalanced, would need to test it. Someone suggested a one hit kill with a knife from the back รก la tf2 spy. I would kind of like that, think the knife doesnt do damage from the front but 2,5 hearts of dmg from the back.. that would mean rushing in and just knifing around is kinda pointless but hitting someone who is even slightly hurt (from fall damage, other arrows or after retreating in a fight) would be an easy kill.
    One big thing is -> make enemies health/names impossible to see on mouse over, or make archers health/names impossible to see (maybe tweak it by making them impossible to see only while crouching?). However that would greatly improve sneakiness of the archer.

8. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Double jump* for archy I sayeth - a tool not to get higher - second jump is very low,but to help you escape sword stun,falling stun,etc.

*you can't double jump if you've been falling for more than 2,5-3,5 seconds,so no parachuting archers )

9. Neat

I definitely think arrows taken from behind should probably do more damage. It doesn't make anatomical sense, but in terms of game physics, it does. Plus that would reward teamwork.

10. Zefree

Zefree Shopkeep Stealer

The idea about hiding your mouse over name when you are crouched/prone sounds really cool to me!

Simple, easy to do/understand, not immensely powerful.

Supposedly the archer is supposed to be the stealth class anyways, and I also think that being able to hide like that might improve your survivability overall.

I would definitely like to see it implemented.

11. nginferno

nginferno Shipwright

hmm, hiding your mouse over name seems pretty nice, cuz it'd be easier to hide in the bushes or just a random part of your fort.

On the other hand, arrow to the back does more damage doesnt sound very practical, since as an archer, you shouldnt even be somewhere a knight can reach you, much less somewhere you can shoot his back without him chopping you to pieces.
    But it might promote more tactical maneuvers for archers instead of the usual "hide behind fort, spam arrows" playstyle.

12. mwisniewski

mwisniewski Shipwright

What about the archers being able to pin people to walls with direct fully charged hits?

I also really enjoy the idea of archers being able to prop open doors with arrows.

And the grappling hook arrow, awesome.

Matt

13. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Everyone who is discussing suggestions here this might be relevant, from Suggestions & Ideas :

So temper your expectations ;)

14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Or buy the game? :P

15. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I'm a little disapointed you can't mouse over people no moar. D:

16. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Archer is underpowered when compared with knight : not in killing power,but in mobility.

Knight has a very usefull gliding mechanic used to cover wide pits.Archy needs something like this.
    What if we'll add sprint for archers?You can sprint for 4 seconds,then you have to wait 8 seconds for a cooldown.
    When you sprint,your jumps cover bigger distance : problem solved!

At the same time it allows archy to run away from knights in pesky situations,but not to outrun them forever.

Eggnogg, Monsteri and Wyeth like this.
  17. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Archers can climb buildings and trees. I don't think this is necessary.

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

No, this is going to be added, and if it will apply to archers only - it'll be a hell good feature.

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Archers: 7-15 seconds to fire the arrows, decent chance of them disappearing or the archer missing the jump to each arrow before finally climbing the wall.

Knight: Light bomb, wait, jump in air while shielding. Lol walls.

Knights clearly have the better aerial advantage.

20. Neat

Or:.. Fire arrows at the wall while climbing up?

Really really easy to do.

No issues with flying too far or flying into pits.

Arrows cost jack-all.

Archers can scale almost any wall without spikes, no matter how high. Knights can get highest with superhero bomb jump which is still dependent on their current height, is easily interrupted by arrows and costs them a whopping 40 coins just to do once.

The difference is the gliding. Knights have too much an advantage in that department. Now if archers just had capes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.