1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why this game needs to be resurrected

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozminer, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

This game has horrible player retention, i say make a proper tutorial that teaches you how to play the game properly. add shit that hooks people in along with a higher internet presence ontop of that a steam sale and a sneaky bribe for some fuckwit youtuber to make a video on it. you pull that off correctly and kag wont be dead.

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Easily said than done, but I also agree.

butterscotch likes this.
  3. RedOTheWisp

RedOTheWisp Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Imagine if it was a really popular youtuber. I don't think I could face all of those 'server full' messages :QQ:

Ozminer and Biurza like this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Another one of these threads, huh?

I'll keep the thread open for know, but everything that has been suggested here has been said already. The THD Team has tried various combinations of these, and continues to consider them. I'm not saying to give up, but consider that you haven't contributed anything new to this age-old discussion.

I think the timing for a revival movement is off, too. People are still in school, so there's less potential interest. Plus, there are a lot of changes coming, thanks to the new THD Team members (including, if all goes well, a tutorial). Once we've seen some of their big changes, and when summer break rolls around, we might be able to make a new push for revival.

Gregorian, epsilon and Guitarman like this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

yea, except OP actually HAS summer break starting soon

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Good point, forgot about the southern hemisphere. But there's definitely a larger percentage of players in the north.

bunnie likes this.
  7. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

[​IMG]

All the other posts have been back when kag was alive, this is a screen i see often. i took this screenshot at 4pm after school in australia, this game needs to be brought back or its not coming back
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 13, 2017 ---
    Oh it will be shit but there will also be alot more full servers, right now theres just 1 server with players so server full msg is alot worse

8. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

KAG has enough players to have fun ATM, if you play during peak hours, though more players would be appreciated. The strange thing is that player retention is really strong on KAG - I see the same people regularly playing since I joined back in beta, so it is pretty cool that it's there's familiarity with old players.

Someone in-game did throw out an interesting idea once, I forgot who, but could be worth considering - setting up a twitch livestream of a few populated servers, maybe filming a few full games and putting it somewhere (maybe the homepage), which would be a great way of checking out what the game is like without having to sift through uninformative videos on YouTube or having to pay for it.

9. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

hey dude the guy with that idea was me, player retention is only a problem for new players. Those who get into the game stay but its either one or the other, you either love the game from first sight or you die once close the game and never play it again.

Didgedy likes this.