1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Problems locating correct map, when maps have somewhat similar names

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Frederikam, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Frederikam

Frederikam Drill Rusher

Category: Server
    Operating system: Ubuntu Server x86 (no gui)
    Build number: #1013 and earlier
    Description:
    When you have two maps in a mapcycle, with very similar names (in my case World.png and World2.png), only one of said maps will ever load (Even after specifying a path with /loadmap <path>), unless you change the name of the maps to not have such similar names. I don't have much detail about how these file names may conflict.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Get two maps (in the same folder?) with similar names (IE World.png and World2.png).
    2. Refer to these maps in your mapcycle.
    3. Start server.
    4. Log into server.
    5. Attempt to change maps.

2. can someone test it?

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is indeed a thing, though the full path (extension included) should work

norill likes this.
  4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

This is worth testing again, my filematcher changes that fixed some issues on the linux build might fix this one too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 19, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 12, 2017 ---
    Well it's "fixed" in the sense that it won't match World2 instead of World, but it still will match world.png instead of World.png.
    But I guess it is not required to have the file matcher care about the capitalization and I think it's handled as a conflict for mods anyway.
    So, archived

Geti and norill like this.