1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows KAG [2067] grapple through everything.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Coroz, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit
    Build number: 2067
    Description: join multiplayer, go through a tunnel..and when you are unlucky you fall through the floor. if you time your grapple when you fall you can actualy grapple through the entire map through every object. if you lose grapple you fall to your doom. you can actualy capture the flag through solid walls/dirt/doors and go back again. also shops etc still work. if you can hold your grapple.
    (i dont know if players can actualy hurt you)
    Steps to reproduce:
    Go join ctf.
    2. Go through a tunnel as a archer. if you are unlucky you fall down... time your grapple and you come in another dimension xd a.k.a another layer of the game i gues.
    3. grapple through the dirt/stones/ you can move through everything but your grapple still works.
    this bug with the tunnel is very rare, and you have very little time to grapple.
    Screenshots/Videos: none yet. hard to copy it.
    additional info: It seems you fall more often through the floor with the tunnel when you have alot in your backpack. i even lost 2 kegs one evening this way.
    just to make things clear: This is actualy 2 bugs in one.. the first one is when you fall through the ground the second is that you can grapple when it happens

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    TheFlare and mcrifel like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'd really need a video to have any chance at reproducing this.

3. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

i think it had to do with lagspikes, in the previous build, i only succeded twice my self. the first bug is that you fall through the ground when you use the teleport.. that one is already hard to produce, i think still possible, then you need grapple fast..
    Maybe its not worth it because i dont see people abuse it.
    i try again today with video but maybe lag is required above 100 ping, i dont know.

4. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Oke i finaly made a few screenshots about this bug, the good thing is its very rare and hard to do.
    At first image i kinda found a new bug aswell: i could move through the wall as if it was a door.
    Once you fall through the floor the only thing left to do is grapple. once you did that its pretty easy to go to enemy flag and steal it. it shows on image 2 and 3.
    No worry i dropped the flags. (Because it doesnt happen alot i couldnt miss the change of seeing if it works with flags again) You can still get killed so thats a good thing.
    I gues it also has to do with server lags and how long the server is up. but i dont know much about the game mechanics/code.

The thing that worried me is that the server crashed around the same time
    (KAG Official CTF EU No. 5-17-04-22 17-50-30 Gmt +1).
    i dont know if it happend because of this bug.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      147.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      179.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      231.9 KB
      Views:
  5. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Today on ctf eu i could walk through a small part of a wall, after that i could grapple through the ground to the enemy flag. So i gues this bug is still a thing.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thanks for keeping following this up. I would love to see some logs if it happens to you again (particularly if there's bad delta spam or any other warnings or errors). Definitely sounds like an issue but reproducing it and figuring out the root cause isn't easy.

7. Coroz

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Attached Files:

Cohen likes this.