1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Sol League Season I

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Tern, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

[​IMG]
    Sol League Season I
    The sun creeps over the horizon, filling your vision with blinding white light as you open your eyes. As the blindness wanes, you look around. Fields of barley stretch as far as the eye can see to the west and to the north. To the southeast lies a grand yet tranquil river; beyond the river an impossibly grand city, guarded by mossy stone walls, reaches toward the cloudy sky.

Shh! Do you hear that?
    Horns wail in the distance. The rattle of iron becomes audible, amassing volume as the seconds rush by. Distant shouts pierce the air, joined by the clip-clop of what must be hundreds of hooves. Glancing about rapidly you find the source is nowhere in sight. Surely this phantom army will be upon you any minute! Another horn lets out a deep howl. The source seems to be from the east -- no, is it --

Above you? The wind stirs, cleaving the clouds in twain. Four armies in formation descend from the sky, each led by a radiant figure. As they draw closer, you can make out the face of each general. Could it be? The gods Jupiter, Apollo, Mars, and Minerva, come to make Earth a battleground in which to settle their celestial disputes?

You turn to flee from the chaos, but before you can take your first step an unseen force halts your movement and whispers in your ear. The Parcae, as you recognize the force (for no other deities would take such interest in the fate of a lowly mortal spawned from dust), weave drunkening visions of battle and glory, of death and defeat, of spilled ichor and victory.

Your resolve hardened, you take your first step.

[​IMG]
    Detailed Rules and Overview of Sol League:
    https://goo.gl/KcX9V1
    About
    Welcome, legionnaires, to the first season of Sol League. Sol League is a semi-casual CTF league for players who are interested in a more competitive environment than the one offered by pub games.

Four teams will participate in SL, each with seven players, allowing for a total of twenty-eight players. Applicants will primarily be chosen to participate based on activity, followed by ability. After the application period closes, four players will be chosen by SL admins from among the twenty-eight accepted players to be captains. Captains will draft six other players for their team, with whom they will practice and compete for the duration of the season. Seasons will last ten weeks, with three-week breaks in between seasons to allow for tweaks and a fresh wave of applications. Players who participate in a particular season are guaranteed a spot in the next season as long as they reapply. Each season opens with a round robin to determine seeding and to allow for practice, followed by a double elimination bracket to determine the victors. All matches will be five versus five and must use the
    official Sol League map pool. Build time is limited to 120 seconds, while match time is limited to 40 minutes.

Applications
    Sol League is focused on improving activity and competition in North America and South America. However, players from all regions are welcome to apply, provided they are comfortable playing on NA servers. Still interested? Be sure to read the
    rules and overview of the league before applying in the #applications channel of the Sol League Discord. Applications will close on January 1st at 11:59 PM UTC-5, so be sure to apply before then. Good luck and have fun!

[​IMG]
    Special thanks to Mehwaffle and Stephen for providing servers for Sol League. Thanks to the following contributors for helping with the setup of the league and/or volunteering to administrate season one of SL:

Cuffs
    DualChicken
    Kazaco
    Mehwaffle
    ParaLogia
    Punk
    Quailz
    RampageX
    Stephen

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You mean a complex version of Gather? 25252525

Cruxiat and EhRa like this.
  3. teKK1

teKK1 Bison Rider

Interesting, I wonder who would choose me for their team

stephen_the_7th and BucketEmpty like this.
  4. Pineapple

Pineapple Arsonist Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. KAG Competitive League
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I could do it as I don't play to bad with semi--bad ping >:D (I'm Aussie). Tell me if i'm need for a team :)

5. ShamWow-SuperRag

ShamWow-SuperRag zamn Donator Tester

Varion and Tern like this.
  6. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Can we implement some sort of TDM skirmish mode? RTDM with no scramble teams? I think it could be a cool alternative score method, like first to 10 wins or something.

ShamWow-SuperRag likes this.