1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

For Gold N Glory (I.E. queston bout current payment system)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oximus, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Well let me start saying that i lurv the game. Wanna buy it. Cuddle with it. And have babis.

But (oh buts y u always there) i cant afford it, yes yes i know. why? well i live in South America where 10$ dolars is actually 50$ of my national coin (its actually somewhat 42.50 or sumthin but 50 sounds better). Thats not the problem really i would expend 50 for the game but i need an international credit card say American Express or Master-card etc. etc. to get a paypal account, this cost 120$ montly and 80$ to put it down.

So to all of you would you expend that to buy the game? Sadly im an adult and have to be responsible with thy cash.

But im not asking YOU to buy me the game OH NO. im just asking for other ways to buy the game.
    While back i bought some "credits" for another online game with onebip.com its a cellphone credit thingy. Basically i would LOVE an answer from someone who knows or can take care of this, im not objecting whining or anything like that (i hope not). I just wanna buy the game.

The End c:

PS: if you someone actually does this. ill take all the credit in my cellphone that i dont use near the end of the month and put it in here. Let me make this longer, i expend 40$ monthly on cellphone credit and i get 140$ because of an arrangement with the Phone company. Basically if i can expend it in something besides txt messages and calls its like magical free money and would be more than happy to donate it for this game, its not a lot since my coin is 1/5 of a dollar but its something. If its worth the effort awesome, if its not then thanks for reading.

P.S.S.: The true end <:

PSSSSsss: edit: sorry if my English isn't the best

BlueLuigi, Mornaval and Wonkyth like this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Check your PM.

EDIT: Is it possible to have alternate payment methods?
    Generally it's considered good practice to have as many as possible.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Skycow

Skycow Shipwright

I live in north America so paypal is pretty good, only thing I have against it is you have to wait more then a week to exchange the money from my bank to my paypal, so I won't be able to buy the game until December 3rd.

4. Chiguireitor

Chiguireitor Shopkeep Stealer

[Sorry english readers, i'm from latin america and want to help this fellow, you can use google translate to get an idea of what i'm saying]

Hola Oximus, yo también vivo en latinoamérica (Venezuela especificamente) donde tenemos control de cambio, afortunadamente yo tengo una tarjeta de crédito con que puede gastar $400 anual a cambio oficial y pude comprar el juego. Si tu eres de Venezuela (probablemente, porque estás describiendo el escenario venezolano :D), una alternativa es que le pidas a algún amigo que te deje usar sólo $9 de su tarjeta, porque ya está por terminar el año y mucha gente siempre queda con unos pocos dólares en la tarjeta a final de año (yo no, ya doné lo que me quedaba a wikipedia).

Otra opción es que busques como obtener dólares directamente (por ejemplo, si tienes un sitio puedes usar Google AdSense para monetizar tu sitio).

Avísame de donde eres para ver si encontramos una solución :)

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

PM him if you refuse to speak english in the english sections please.

6. Chiguireitor

Sorry :(
    [changes to builder, digs 10 blocks down and entombs itself in stone] lol

EDIT: Forgot there was PM lol

7. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Are you sure you can't find a bank that is giving you a credit/debit card free of charge?
    BTW you can load money on your paypal account just making a standard transfer from any bank, without the need of owning a bank account ...

8. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I'm having the same issue. I also live in south america by the way
    Paypal sucks, and I can't transfer money from my bank account to it, I can't print a bank ticket and pay at at the corner, I can't transfer credits from my cell phone.
    I would like to pay for premium transferring the money from my bank account directly to KAG Team account, its that possible?

9. Chiguireitor

The problem is that some latin american countries don't allow their citizens to spend foreign currency easily. In fact, in my country you can only spend with a credit card (with real credit) $400 anually!!!... so yeah, it is very limited for us latin americans

10. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

I would love to say that i've tried everything to get paypal working, but the truth is after some calls to the bank and speaking to some "employees" got no answer and gave up. basically I dont only live in South America i also live in a small town where peoples IQ is lower... so they dont even bother giving me a solution, its like:
    them:nope, impossible sir
    me: but i didn't even asked you anything
    waiting music....

Edit: i'm sorry but i have to
    "giving you a credit/debit card free of charge" LMAO
    no. that doesn't happen.

More edits: in order to have a paypal account you need a international credit card which puts me in the beginning

I swear the last edit: in case you are wondering i do have credit cards and thats not the problem

Must resist the editing OCD: totally out of context, i just heard the music... :´)

11. UnnamedPlayer

Yeah, it sucks. We need more payment methods.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Adding payment methods like direct transfer to bank account is not viable or profitable - direct bank transfers from non-aligned banks generally cost more than we charge for KAG! We get requests from kids to add SMS payments etc but that's unlikely to happen either - it'll cost us more money to set up than we gain from doing it, plus the time taken to make agreements with the necessary companies.

I'm concerned as to why you say you can't get a paypal account: all you have to do is sign up for one on the paypal site, prove you're over 18 and you're done - no charges. If you have a modern bank account you can put money into your paypal account from there, you don't need a credit card. I believe you can buy paypal credit with cheque and money order as well, though I'm not sure.

The reason we're using paypal is that it works for the majority of people. A loud minority speak out against it, but I've been paid by South Africans, Japanese, and Alaskans via paypal (no to mention US, UK, EU, AU, NZ...). It works for the majority of the world. I'm no against alternative payment methods but as far as I'm aware in most countries with access to sufficient internet to play online games, credit cards are also available.

Credit card is "the standard" for buying things online - and paypal accepts credit cards.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If there's no way for you to buy the game, you could try the mapping competition for starters. If you win it, you get a free copy of KAG gold. I'm sure there will be similar promotional opportunities on the forum eventually.

14. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There are many people offering ways to 'win' the game.

I'm sure that you can use a standard bank account to get your money into your paypal account, you could also use a credit/debit card, etc. Just have to look into it. I'm not a fan of paypal personally, but it works for the majority so it's what poeple go with.

15. UnnamedPlayer

I TRIED to trasfer money from my bank account but for some reason, it didn't worked. Anyway I ordered an International Credit card. But Paypay still sucks.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Tell that to paypal or offer another free alternative that isn't a hassle to set up.

17. UnnamedPlayer

I will send them a e-mail telling that :p.

But if the bank costs 15$ per transation and the game cost 10$ you can always charge 25$ (but I got your point)

But there are some alternatives like the all-in-one-paying methods like UltimatePay (It offers paying methods for each country, so it works for everyone).
    http://www.ultimatepay.com/

18. Chiguireitor

Although you're right on that point, South Americas are very different on that respect. Let me explain the process so you can understand:
    • You need to have a credit card to use paypal (that means no ppl <21 y/o)
    • You must have good credit score to be given one credit card (dog chase tail scenario)
    • You must have an income above $18000 annualy to be given one credit card (mean income of a person in South Americas is ~$2600 anually)
    • You must have your foreign exchange approved by the central control agency of choice (long, boring and difficult paperwork)
    • You must be below your anual expense limit (my country has a limit of $400 anually, so $10 is a big deal)
    • You must have the money to pay the game (which isn't really a problem, even $400 isn't that much in official exchange)
    That's why South Americas don't usually buy games, they are perceived as a crazy way to spend your hard earned dollars. Just to illustrate, let me explain how you pay with sms in South America:

• You buy a cell phone with a pay-as-you-go plan (~$10, no age required)
    • You fill some credit on it with a prepaid card (~$10, even a youthful brat can have that money)
    • You send an SMS and you have your goods (again, not that hard)
    As you can see... stablishing a Pay-by-SMS gateway is good if you pretend to sell to the South Americans among us. I've already bought the game because i have a PayPal account and a credit card, but that's not the most common scenario. However, lots of people have cheap internet (at least on my country) and can/will find the game but will be unable to buy it.
    There... now you know why the complaints ;)

19. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

What about debit cards, like visa electron or maestro? They usually have no requirements to own one (i got one when i was 16)...

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Debit Cards > Credit Cards and can be used for the same thing, please tell me you guys have debit cards in your banks there... you shouldn't need any of this stuff for one, because a debit card doesn't pose the problems a credit card does, it's just a way to use the money inside your bank account with a card more or less.

Not sure how hard UltimatePay is to setup, but I used it to sign up with HGS and it was pretty hasslefree through paypal, and -cough- gave me some incentives in the way of 'UltimatePoints', or discounts on things I bought later that was nice.